Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! (721 Views)

History Made As Tottenham Beats Chelsea @stamford Bridge For 1st Time Since 1990 / Premier League!! Kevin De Bruyne Goal Shocks Stamford Bridge As Manchester City / CHELSEA CHELSEA - Stamford Bridge to create new impact next season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! by timidapsin(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2016

[size=18pt]Stamford Bridge Gates – design competition open[/size]

[size=14pt]Chelsea Football Club’s planning application for an expanded stadium is pending and if the redevelopment goes ahead, we want supporters to help create it by designing a new landmark - the Stamford Bridge Gates.

The Gates will be one of the most prominent features of the site and their design is to be chosen by a competition, with the full details and the background to it given below…[/size]

Stamford Bridge is the bridge which carries Fulham Road over the West London Railway Line at the south-east corner of Stamford Bridge Grounds, historic home of Chelsea Football Club.

As part of the new stadium development, subject to planning permission, we are expanding the actual bridge, linking Fulham Road directly to the East Stand.

To mark this new bridge, our council of the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham has requested a landmark set of Bridge Gates.

Respecting the heritage of the site, we are following the great London tradition of public design competitions for epic city structures, for example from Tower Bridge in 1876 to the Royal Parks competition for gates to Hyde Park today.

So the gates for Stamford Bridge will be designed by public competition, open to everyone.

COMPETITION RULES AND BRIEF

The competition will be in three rounds:

ROUND 1

22 February to 24 March

All entries accepted

ROUND 2

15 April

A short-list of six will be selected and publicised by the Special Gates Committee

FINAL ROUND

15 May

Two finalists will be decided by the committee and presented at the final home match of the 2015/16 season.

The winner will be chosen in the stadium.

The rules of the competition are simple in order to make the competition as easy as possible to enter.

Entries:

Entries will be accepted from 9am Monday 22 February until the closing date of 12 noon Thursday 24 March 2016.

Entries should be uploaded via the form below

or sent by post to:

Gates
Chelsea FC
Stamford Bridge Grounds
London SW6 1HS

No personal deliveries please.

BRIEF

The design of the Gates should be based on this official stadium image from our architects showing the proposed Stamford Bridge (shown without Gates).

Location of the Gates

The Gates should be located just behind the row of bollards in the foreground.

Dimensions of the Gates

Width: The Gates should be approximately 15 metres in width.

Height: The Gates should be a minimum height of 3 metres to a maximum of 7 metres.

Material examples: metals, ceramic, glass, brick.

The design must be capable of fabrication to withstand robust and long-term use.

The Gates do not have to be symmetrical.

The Gates are to be working gates.

The Gates will usually be locked in a closed position on non-matchdays.

The Gates must fully open on matchdays.

A technical panel from the stadium project team will ensure the final designs comply with operational requirements.

For more information on how to submit your designs visit source below

http://afriwap.com/football-fans-worldwide/chelsea-stamford-bridge-gates-design-competition-has-started!/new/#new
Re: Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! by timidapsin(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2016
i wish a Nigerian could win this competitions.
Mods lets nigerian architect and designers see this

lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! by Modsenemy(f): 11:44am On Mar 04, 2016
If I could get a team. I would try
Re: Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! by timidapsin(m): 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Modsenemy:
If I could get a team. I would try
okay dear , are you an architect?
Re: Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! by MysticZeus: 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
Should I, or Should I not?
Re: Chelsea Stamford Bridge Gates – Design Competition Has Started! by timidapsin(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
MysticZeus:
Should I, or Should I not?
you should

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: In Case You Don't Know Who Stephen Keshi Is ... / Uhunoma Osazuwa - Nigeria Gold Heptathlon / Chile Are Champions Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.