Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Geographical Information System (GIS): The Present And Future - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Geographical Information System (GIS): The Present And Future (674 Views)

Differences Between Geographical Zone And Geopolitical Zone!!! / I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! / Geographical Information System [GIS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geographical Information System (GIS): The Present And Future by razan: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2016
This thread will feature all about GIS from the present use and software available to the future and its application, as long as it has a spatial location

Welcome to the new world of spatial revolution!!!
Re: Geographical Information System (GIS): The Present And Future by drhammed: 6:37am On Mar 20, 2016
Let us start the Discussion on GIS...
Re: Geographical Information System (GIS): The Present And Future by razan: 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hello House,

Will be sharing my thoughts on an aspect of GIS that gives credibility and also assesses knowledge of GIS technologies, however before then i will like to tender my apologies for not being able to elucidate us GIS infrastructure lately.
Since that is out of the way i will just straight into the topic for today .

GIS CERTIFICATION

Am sure many have search and hoped to improve there abilities and test their respective technical know-how on GIS, however how to go about it maybe a drawback whether due to not knowing what to be and how to go about it or simply a case of financial constraints "which is mostly the case"

So simply put i have good news.. HOW? just keep reading ...

For those who don't know ESRI, the biggest and largest producer and maker of the one the most widely used GIS program ArcGIS, offers certification exams , which are credible, sought-after by individuals or takers as they are called and looked for by many GIS firms in their prospective employees.

How much does it cost?

Well simply put "its not free" however it is very affordable
just before i share the pricing figures, a list of the available will do justice to this topic

Please find the attached image in the post

The ArcGIS Certification goes for two hundred and twenty-five dollars (225USD) well that's about 50k- 65k NGN depending on the exchange rates you are using

So here comes the candy-bar, am sure you know that the latest version of ArcGIS is out 10.4 and if you don't now you know, will do a breakdown on that (although i will be surprised if i haven't done that already).

ESRI have their certifications tailored around their version release so the fuss is all about the certification EADE 104B: Esri ArcGIS Desktop Entry Level 10.4 which was made available in 2016 and it only costs.... 50USD[/b]that's between 12k-15k NGN.

see the attached details below

So i really don't know why these is happening but am sure not going to ask why.

Dear followers i just believe you should avail yourself of taking this certification , believe me it will go a long way in your career and technical expertise.

[b]NOTE: if you have comments or suggestions don't hesitate to inform me.
ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.1 text is also available

Re: Geographical Information System (GIS): The Present And Future by otomisinT(m): 10:32am On Aug 11, 2016
Thanks for the info @Razan...

Certification ain't Bad, Bro.... The question is on its recognition here in Nigeria, GIS has a field here requires huge years of experience on its applications. More so, I observed nah Geologist dey use d discipline most here, meaning if you want to be an hot cake, a background on the field could help.

Nice write up by d way....

1 Like

Re: Geographical Information System (GIS): The Present And Future by okikiosibodu(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
Following

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Has Failed But I Know God Hasn't!!! / Ayodele Dada, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Celeb Does Not Deserve Any More Gifts / Study MEDICINE In Russia For Just $1, 800 Per Year (in English Language)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.