Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 (2194 Views)

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! / Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena / Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
i wonder why all this tecno sale rep always come here pretending as a user overhyping an exaggerating ordinary phantom 5.

correct smartphone user that have world recognision like htc, samsung, lg, sony, iphone, huawei, lenovo, even xiaomi, gionee. are there not making a damm noise or over exaggerating there phones.
have went to slot often time to check out this overhyping phantom5 i don't se any interesting part of this phone, selling at 80k except it fingerprint sensor which is included, though phantom5 is nice improvement for tecno mobile but does not worth it selling price.
i can't even compare it to my formal gionee e7 of 2013 buttery smooth phone, baddest camera, crystal clear disply, how much did i bought it, just 38k with monster spec, except it non inclusion of fingerprint sensor.
though am now using outdated nokia e63 oo, but enough of all this overhyping phantom 5.
there is nothing special about this phone to spend 80k on
Truth is bitter at time, that's why yoruba proverb said. Agba toba lomi ninu koki pariwo. Agba ofifo loma n pariwo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Marinza(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
K
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
They are doing their job to convince customers to buy. Those big names till date still have poor penetration strategy even though they have good phones. Tecno step up their game to ptoduce high end phones because they have their target market and know her to lure customers to buy their products.
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by kolexepana: 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
No wonder you're using an outdated phone grin
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by mastercee(m): 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
Baba, calm down. What you called Hype is what the company calls marketing strategy, and this is why the Tecno seems to be doing well in the market while your so-called heavyweights are lagging behind
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
kolexepana:
No wonder you're using an outdated phone grin
lol, am not intensionaly using nokia e63 i enter one chance motor december 19th last year that how i lost my lovely gionee e7 since then town no they smile @all oo never get money to buy better smartphone ooo
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Xhaka(m): 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
mastercee:
Baba, calm down. What you called Hype is what the company calls marketing strategy, and this is why the Tecno seems to be doing well in the market while your so-called heavyweights are lagging behind
You've said it all
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Orator2383: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
fabulous18:
i wonder why all this tecno sale rep always come here pretending as a user overhyping an exaggerating ordinary phantom 5.

correct smartphone user that have world recognision like htc, samsung, lg, sony, iphone, huawei, lenovo, even xiaomi, gionee. are there not making a damm noise or over exaggerating there phones.
have went to slot often time to check out this overhyping phantom5 i don't se any interesting part of this phone, selling at 80k except it fingerprint sensor which is included, though phantom5 is nice improvement for tecno mobile but does not worth it selling price.
i can't even compare it to my formal gionee e7 of 2013 buttery smooth phone, baddest camera, crystal clear disply, how much did i bought it, just 38k with monster spec, except it non inclusion of fingerprint sensor.
though am now using outdated nokia e63 oo, but enough of all this overhyping phantom 5.
Truth is bitter at time, that's why yoruba proverb said. Agba toba lomi ninu koki pariwo. Agba ofifo loma n pariwo.

lol guy go buy up to date phone no story
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by dasanchez1(m): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
asuustrike2009:
They are doing their job to convince customers to buy. Those big names till date still have poor penetration strategy even though they have good phones. Tecno step up their game to ptoduce high end phones because they have their target market and know her to lure customers to buy their products.

Sounds like a marketing student ... Nice one bro...
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
dasanchez1:

Sounds like a marketing student ... Nice one bro...
Thank you
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
mastercee:
To hell with that kind of marketing strategy..... Good marketing strategy is to make a good device and tag a good friendly price to it. Not to manufacture some crappy device with an exorbitant price and then flood the Internet with touts to defend their stupidity.

The next thing is to start pointing guns at people telling them to "buy TECNO Phantom 5 or their life" or better still give it to army, police, VIO, Road Safety etc to be selling at checkpoints. If you don't buy, you wouldn't pass.

RUBBISH..

3 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by ewizard1: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
mastercee:

Yes, lets say the OP goofed! but the bolded!!! Which ones do you mean are lagging behind? You mean the Gionee and the likes?
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Rubbish... Xiaomi today was not able to meet up with their customers demand for the newly launched Mi 5. (Google is your friend) I guess is because there are pestering people around like TECNO right?

The truth is that, what does guys are doing is exactly what companies do when they manufacture a failed products. Pestering people and not any market strategy

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
fabulous18:

Bro don't mind those guys, that's what happens when a company manufacture a failed product that refuse to sell. They will need to pest people even at times point guns at people to buy the product

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nsonaso:

Rubbish... Xiaomi today was not able to meet up with their customers demand for the newly launched Mi 5. (Google is your friend) I guess is because there are pestering people around like TECNO right?

The truth is that, what does guys are doing is exactly what companies do when they manufacture a failed products. Pestering people and not any market strategy
whether they pester people to buy their products, it is still strategy. Gone are the days when companies rely solely on advertisement to push their product.
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
asuustrike2009:

whether they pester people to buy their products, it is still strategy. Gone are the days when companies rely solely on advertisement to push their product.
Which days are gone? The case of Xiaomi I mentioned was just yesterday
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nsonaso:

Which days are gone? The case of Xiaomi I mentioned was just yesterday
Buy nah or is it expensive?
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by mastercee(m): 11:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
ewizard1:

Yes, lets say the OP goofed! but the bolded!!! Which ones do you mean are lagging behind? You mean the Gionee and the likes?

Including almighty Sammy and i-whatever. The fact is, Tecno remains the highest selling brand in the country today
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by mastercee(m): 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
You all have been creating threads bashing Tecno since time immemorial, yet it still remain the highest selling mobile brand in the country. Have you bothered to ask why, if the brand is as bad as you all portrayed.

I uses three mobile phones right now: Phantom 5, iPhone 5s and Nokia XL (all serving different purposes) and I can tell you authoritatively that the Phantom 5 stands above them all.
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
mastercee:

Including almighty Sammy and i-whatever. The fact is, Tecno remains the highest selling brand in the country today
am sure u mean nigeria
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
mastercee:
You all have been creating threads bashing Tecno since time immemorial, yet it still remain the highest selling mobile brand in the country. Have you bothered to ask why, if the brand is as bad as you all portrayed.

I uses three mobile phones right now: Phantom 5, iPhone 5s and Nokia XL (all serving different purposes) and I can tell you authoritatively that the Phantom 5 stands above them all.
what did i expect you to say even if you use non of the phone you mention above

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 12:03am On Mar 05, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Buy nah or is it expensive?
i wonder oooo an the truth is dey can't spend 80k on that phone
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 12:08am On Mar 05, 2016
the phone is not even selling go to xright slot at agege desame phantom 5 there in december last year still remain there unchangable i ask one of there sale rep he told me nobody is patronizing it cos of the overprice.

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 05, 2016
Nsonaso:

To hell with that kind of marketing strategy..... Good marketing strategy is to make a good device and tag a good friendly price to it. Not to manufacture some crappy device with an exorbitant price and then flood the Internet with touts to defend their stupidity.

The next thing is to start pointing guns at people telling them to "buy TECNO Phantom 5 or their life" or better still give it to army, police, VIO, Road Safety etc to be selling at checkpoints. If you don't buy, you wouldn't pass.

RUBBISH..
emm,I think u should replace all techno in your comment with apple.
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 05, 2016
fabulous18:
i wonder oooo an the truth is dey can't spend 80k on that phone
What! Say wetin happen? Abeg leave am
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Nsonaso:

Bros xiaomi is a well known name na especially in China and India. The population of China and India aline is more than 3 billion, so u do the maths. Tecno on the other hand is only known in Nigeria and some parts of Africa. Xiaomi is one of the top 3 brands in China and the mi5 is a really heavy hitter.

About the adverts it is necessary to sell ur products. In case u don't know go check how much Samsung spent on advert before they got to the top, they spent more than 5 times what apple spent on advert and some of their adverts back then was comparing their galaxy s series with the iPhone, they even took lots of jibes against the iPhone to get attention. In the end it worked for them.
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by ewizard1: 12:19am On Mar 05, 2016
mastercee:

Lolzzzz! I knew you would say that!

Got no time to e-drag! Have a great Night sir. grin grin grin

(Even the Tecno wey you dey back know him level in the smartphone industry)

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by ewizard1: 12:23am On Mar 05, 2016
mastercee:

Oga! just enjoy those devices you have, I cant stand for iPhone and Nokia XL.

Go and replace one of those 2 (excluding the Tecno) with a Galaxy S6 or a LGG4.... Come back and give us a new rant please!

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 12:38am On Mar 05, 2016
i tire for these people nah phantom 5 every where why iphone, samsung, htc, lg user are there not making a damm noise what if you buy s6 nko? Agba to lomi ninu koki n pariwo jor

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Youngzedd(m): 4:23am On Mar 05, 2016
Nsonaso:

GBAM
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 6:22am On Mar 05, 2016
greenhulk:

[b]Bros xiaomi is a well known name [/b]na especially in China and India. The population of China and India aline is more than 3 billion, so u do the maths. Tecno on the other hand is only known in Nigeria and some parts of Africa. Xiaomi is one of the top 3 brands in China and the mi5 is a really heavy hitter.

About the adverts it is necessary to sell ur products. In case u don't know go check how much Samsung spent on advert before they got to the top, they spent more than 5 times what apple spent on advert and some of their adverts back then was comparing their galaxy s series with the iPhone, they even took lots of jibes against the iPhone to get attention. In the end it worked for them.
Yes... But the question is how did their name become known in the face Apple, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, HTC

Because they manufacture and sell good quality and Standard products at a very good pocket friendly price. Instead of being greedy like their competitors.

Greed is when a company manufacture a product that cost $100 and decide to sell it to her customers 4 times the cost price of the phone. That's what TECNO does with some of their products especially their failed flagship phone. Not knowing that those flagship phone's are what would have lift them up in the market.

but their exorbitant price tag will always scare people away, giving people options to seek for alternatives.
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 05, 2016
Nsonaso:

Yes... But the question is how did their name become known in the face Apple, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, HTC

Because they manufacture and sell good quality and Standard products at a very good pocket friendly price. Instead of being greedy like their competitors.

Greed is when a company manufacture a product that cost $100 and decide to sell it to her customers 4 times the cost price of the phone. That's what TECNO does with some of their products especially their failed flagship phone. Not knowing that those flagship phone's are what would have lift them up in the market.

but their exorbitant price tag will always scare people away, giving people options to seek for alternatives.

I get ur point. I agree the phantom 5 is too expensive considering it is running mediatek that is not even Helios x10. But no denying the phone has flagship specs and nice build to it. It is on the same per with xioami redmi note 3 and mi 4. Both note 3 and mi 4 are sold for about 65k if u choose the 3gb version, phantom 5 is sold for about 80-90k right now (all thanks to dollar hike, original price was 70k). Still too expensive I know.

But u have to also have one thing in mind. Tecno have shops and offices in Nigeria, they pay tax, pay workers thereby creating employment. They participate in promos, (hey, they even lit up computer village) have customer support, etc. At least tecno gives u aftersales support.. Good luck funding that with xiaomi. Now how do u think they pay for all that? Xioami phones are imported, they don't have shops neither do they pay workers, they don't pay tax, no promos nothing. So u definitely expect their phones to be cheaper here. Trust me if xioami get their company registered in this country and pay all their dues, by the time they have shops,bcostimer care , pay workers, so promos, etc then the prices of their phones will be more expensive than importing them from overseas.

Oh, one more thing, do u know they newly released mi5 is not cheap? It will cost between 120-130k to get it to Nigeria. That's a quality phone but don't expect peanuts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wifi & Bluetooth Problem On Tecno Phantom Z Mini / Infinix Hot 4 Vs Tecno L8 Plus Which One Is Better / Ulefone Power 3s - 6" Display | 4+64GB | 16+5MP - 13+5MP | @ $169.99

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.