Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,123 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer (3090 Views)

Direct Entry To Computer Science. Urgent Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Olaide1295: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
Can anyone help me!!!
I am a newbie computer programmer and domainer
I do online business that makes me stay Abt 5-7 hours with the computer.
Is there any way I can protect my eyes??.... I have tried to dim the backlight but it is not helping much
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by missingrib(f): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
its very dangerous to eyesight o
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Donald3d(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Olaide1295:
Can anyone help me!!!
I am a newbie computer programmer and domainer
I do online business that makes me stay Abt 5-7 hours with the computer.
Is there any way I can protect my eyes??.... I have tried to dim the backlight but it is not helping much
i spend 14 to 16 hrs on the computer everyday,i think i need to protect my eyes too,its not expensive about 2-5k,i think you should get one,i would too.
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Olaide1295: 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
Donald3d:
i spend 14 to 16 hrs on the computer everyday,i think i need to protect my eyes too,its not expensive about 2-5k,i think you should get one,i would too.
Do u mean glasses??
wat is the name?, how and where can I get it
Thanks
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by FincoApps(m): 12:19am On Mar 05, 2016
I think it only happens to some people because I've seen a few of such cases. What they do is switch to high contrast theme on Windows.

However, I stay with my computer like 99% of the times I'm awake and I've never had even a symptom or discomfort of any sort
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Donald3d(m): 1:12am On Mar 05, 2016
FincoApps:
I think it only happens to some people because I've seen a few of such cases. What they do is switch to high contrast theme on Windows.

However, I stay with my computer like 99% of the times I'm awake and I've never had even a symptom or discomfort of any sort
What we are trying to say is "prevention is better than cure"
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by seunthomas: 7:50am On Mar 05, 2016
Save money and buy a better laptop. There are very nice tools out their in the market that make work easier for us computer guys. They cost more than the regular stuff. When buying a device try to read user reviews about it. You would be surprised at what you find. I had a dell laptop that had a power button issue and this was a known problem by even dell,etc

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Vstuffs(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2016
Try making use of f.lux software
https://justgetflux.com/

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by doctorfox: 9:13am On Mar 05, 2016
Most people don't know that their phone screens do more damage to their eyes than even the laptops.
As mentioned also, try the flux software. It will help you sleep better too.
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
seunthomas:
Save money and buy a better laptop. There are very nice tools out their in the market that make work easier for us computer guys. They cost more than the regular stuff. When buying a device try to read user reviews about it. You would be surprised at what you find. I had a dell laptop that had a power button issue and this was a known problem by even dell,etc

Even if you buy an Alienware eye-defects may still remain inevitable.
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by seunthomas: 7:34am On Mar 06, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Even if you buy an Alienware eye-defects may still remain inevitable.
Not all laptops dude. Do research first. And its not about the price.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
seunthomas:

Not all laptops dude. Do research first. And its not about the price.

I know you're referring to the quality of the laptop, but with high-price comes quality.
I still know what I'm saying. It's up to us to control the way laptops affects us, for instance sitting too close to the laptop and staring at the screen for hours will gradually distort eyesight especially now-a-days that most laptop screens are full HD.
Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by persius555(m): 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
Op, try get a ultra violet ray protector. The light emmited by electronic devices like laptop and smart phones can cause cumulative fatigue that can be detrimental to the eye especially if you are already suffering from mild eye defects. The EM wave emanating from a computer device is similar to that of the sun, difference been the wavelength.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Are Becoming Weak- Over Exposure To Computer by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
persius555:
Op, try get a ultra violet ray protector. The light emmited by electronic devices like laptop and smart phones can cause cumulative fatigue that can be detrimental to the eye especially if you are already suffering from mild eye defects. The EM wave emanating from a computer device is similar to that of the sun, difference been the wavelength.

Perfectly stated, I wish I could up vote this. Very good solution.

(1) (Reply)

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / How Can I Set Up Or Run My Python IDE On VS Code On Windows 8 / Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.