Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Opinion: Stephanie Okereke Writes – She Is Still A Child! #eseoruru - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion: Stephanie Okereke Writes – She Is Still A Child! #eseoruru (448 Views)

A Magician Burnt At A Child Dedication In Port Harcourt (Video) / What Is That Habbit/character You Did As A Child But Still Do Now You Are Grown / Stephanie Okereke Linus And Husband Enjoy Vacation In Gambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Stephanie Okereke Writes – She Is Still A Child! #eseoruru by 9jabuzzblog: 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
Stephanie Okekere took to her blog to write her own opinion on The kidnapped girl Ese Orurushe who was forced to convert to Islam and forced into marriage.

She writes:

I’ve been keenly following Ese Oruru‘s story on the news for some time now and the turn of events is really shocking, I must say!

Different versions of her story keep creeping up in the news. It’s hard to know what to believe anymore.

What I find most appalling is some people are blaming her for her predicament. Blaming a 14 year-old girl! For what! She is still a child!!

It’s even more sad that there are still lots of girls taken from their parents care across the country and sexually abused everyday!

Kudos to PUNCH for bringing Ese’s story to the fore. There are many more Ese’s out there who have been turned to sex slaves as young girls.

Read I Never Employed Yellow As House Help, Mother Of Abducted Girl Cries Out on www.9jabuzz.com.ng

If we must learn anything from Ese’s story, it is that we must put more efforts into protecting the girl child.

Ese is just a child. The conditions under which she was abducted or left her parent’s home is not the issue. She is a minor who was abused.

Now she is bearing a child and her life has taken on a whole new path.

She needs counselling and our prayers. But most of all, we all have a collective responsibility to ensure this doesn’t repeat itself again.

My prayers go out to Ese and her family I pray they find the strength to recover from this shocking experience

I also pray for the young girls who were kidnapped from a secondary school in Lagos. May they be found safely and reunited with their families.

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/opinion-stephanie-okereke-writes-she-is-still-a-child-eseoruru/

Re: Opinion: Stephanie Okereke Writes – She Is Still A Child! #eseoruru by kilode100(f): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Which kain yeye child? I started fucking blokos at 10, and ran away from home @ 11yrs so kini big deal?..

Once pikin don taste Blokos, na so so run go dey hungry you.

Pls enough with this girls story!
Haba!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man Killed By Friend During Ronaldo Vs Messi Argument / I Wish I Knew Buhari Was A Scam / Wow Check Out List Of Top 10 Worlds Happiest Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.