Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

My Frustrating JAMB Experience! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Frustrating JAMB Experience! (18224 Views)

My Jamb Experience (15th May) / [JAMB Experience 2017] I Wrote My JAMB Today | Secretariat, Benin City. / Share Your Jamb Experience And Testimony Here... 2016/2017 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by kvngjesse(m): 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
NEVR THOUGHT IT WIL APPEAR FRONT PAGE!
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by jamex93(m): 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
pele
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by femi4: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
Abeg let jamb return to paper work. This CBT ain't working

2 Likes

Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by phlemzy: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
I really don't know if we have a non-responsive government. It seems all the series of complains about JAMB so far have been coming from Ghana & Togo. It seems the government find the issues of JAMB to trivial to be addressed. Because if not, I see no reason why an active Education minister wouldn't call the registrar of that board forward to address the series of problems faced by its applicants this year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by KayTash(m): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
iambabaG:

See this one.. Hope you didn't write jamb oo? Can't imagine what you'll get.

Lol. . .abeg o,bak to sender.
I wee be in camp by 30th of dz month.

Wrote my 1st nd only JAMB in 2011.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by kvngjesse(m): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
femi4:
Abeg let jamb return to paper work. This CBT ain't working
Yh, it gving serious problems.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by thawgy(m): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
Don't be depressed buddy, Jamb is a useless organisation who used my money to grow flowers around their office... hope for the extra 40 marks and if they don't come study hard for th next one.. everything happens for a reason

3 Likes

Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by Kunzu(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
Sorry bro. Just be hopeful it is going to be well. #ur success go surprise u
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by olucephas(m): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
I wrote mine on 29th.The system logged me out more than 3 times,we were later logged out automatically from their control room. Initially I got 190 but later changed to 230.Naija will still have long way to go.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
kvngjesse:
My exam date was scheduled on the 4/03/2016 by 2:30pm at Digital centre abraka. I got to the centre by 11:00am, then by 2:00pm, we all went to the hall for security check and others, i entered the hall and took my seat, then we were all told to input our registration number, we all input it in our systems. Then everyones page just started showing an error page. The jamb officials were all putting efforts to fix it, It took about 5hours to fix the problem, i started my papers around 6:15pm, i immediately started with my physics, entered my english, then my system and almost evdryones system started showing an error page. then it al started from the beginning, i had to restart, after about 20minutes, it restart again. making everyond thinking about how to find their ways home. some started guessing, while others about shedding tears, i rushed my papers and rounded up by 9:00pm, was worried how i would get home and go about my results. i just checked and found out i scored 164. i feel like shedding tears.
nice lie, try again, kataway! Anybody that believe this, can be decieved easily, i took jamb this year, so i know what am saying, 6pm? Jamb? What are they fixing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by kvngjesse(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
thawgy:
Don't be depressed buddy, Jamb is a useless organisation who used my money to grow flowers around their office... hope for the extra 40 marks and if they don't come study hard for th next one.. everything happens for a reason
K bruh.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by tuzle(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
j
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by kvngjesse(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
Zceesneh:
nice lie, try again, kataway! What is error?
-TRY AGAIN-
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by refiner(f): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
am so horrified now!!
hope mine won't be d worst?undecided
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by SUCCESSCHINEX(m): 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
God blessed me with 205, after 4yrs of seeking admission.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by kvngjesse(m): 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
SUCCESSCHINEX:
God blessed me with 205, after 4yrs of seeking admission.
T.G (Y)
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by kvngjesse(m): 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
Zceesneh:
nice lie, try again, kataway! Anybody that believe this, can be decieved easily, i took jamb this year, so i know what am saying, 6pm? Jamb? What are they fixing?
Dnt jst knw wah to say tu yhu! wish u experienced the same problem.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by Eluzomo47(m): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
Sorry you got to experience that. This is Nigeria oo.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by ladyF(f): 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
Eeyah. Thank God for the 40 marks, else where I for dey. I just pity people that had poor service and no 40 marks cry
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
this dibu or whatever his name is needs to resign.. shame dey catch me for jamb and everyone has turned deaf and dumb like they aren't hearing anything,minister of education,Senate,house of reps se they haven't heard the complaints, they are waiting for people to start committing suicide before they react abi...the jamb exam this year should be scrapped, CBT should be scrapped, the director of jamb and his deputies should be fired sharply,a new exam should be conducted on a later date...simple exam that has been going on for decades,dibu turned it into a money making scheme and rubbished everything...himself amd his likes will call us half-bake graduates but he is an half-baked professor...naija sha,instead of admitting their faults and stopping the exam until they get their house in order,they decided to add 40 marks to silence the poor jambitos.smh
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by kvngjesse(m): 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
hiroz:
this dibu or whatever his name is needs to resign.. shame dey catch me for jamb and everyone has turned deaf and dumb like the aren't hearing anything,minister of education,Senate,house of reps se they haven't heard the complaints, they are waiting for people to start committing suicide before they react abi...the jamb exam this year should be scrapped, CBT should be scrapped, the director of jamb and his deputies should be fired sharply,a new exam should be conducted on a later date...simple exam that has been going on for decades,dibu turned it into a money making scheme and rubbished everything...himself amd his likes will call us half-bake graduates but he is an half-baked professor..
LMAO
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by mrgee1986(m): 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
I said this time without number nigeria is not mature for this cbt.brother sorry that's nigeria for you!
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by persius555(m): 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Jamb is really screwing this CBT up. But as with all software, I guess their solution is exhibiting the bathtub curve where there's a huge number of failures at inception. Don't worry guys it will be resolved at subsequent exams
This is nigeria. You cant be too sure it will better next time. Jamb has a lot, lot of explaining to do.
On a advisory note, jamb should liase with ALPHABET INC or MICROSOFT. I am sure those ones would be willing to give helpful tips on how to handle huge datas that require realtime processing.

1 Like

Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by Okemmuo(m): 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Do people still write jamb?

Lol haba na grin grin
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by hakym619(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Jamb na bastard
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by hakym619(m): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
What jamb did this yr is disheartnin what really is their problem and please does any1 knws how to contact mr dibu ojerinde
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
Shame on Jamb...poor kid sad
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by hakym619(m): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
I dnt fink d registra is okay
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by hakym619(m): 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
Please hw many pple re experiencing this is it only me?
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by airsaylongcon: 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
persius555:
This is nigeria. You cant be too sure it will better next time. Jamb has a lot, lot of explaining to do.
On a advisory note, jamb should liase with ALPHABET INC or MICROSOFT. I am sure those ones would be willing to give helpful tips on how to handle huge datas that require realtime processing.

Buy Nigeria to grow the Naira! They should patronise me!!! Seriously though follow years of experience with CBT I know where they've got issues. And they were expected.

One, infrastructure. The most vulnerable time when for CBTs is login. It is often best to stagger the time examinees login. If all users login at the same time the server will be overloaded resulting in the errors the op faced. Either stagger the login or size the server to cope with the maximal load. The problem with sizing for maximal load is that you purchase a very expensive server that will only be tasked for 5-10mins. That's like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly.

Two, loading data. Most questions are loaded into the database using csv or some other file format. I suspect in this case they might have attempted to to load ALL the questions and answers for ALL the subjects in one go. That's a recipe for disaster especially if the server has been undersized. A better option will be to load per subject, test and verify before loading another subject.

CBTs can be complicated sha.
Re: My Frustrating JAMB Experience! by tosyne2much(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
The complaints people are making about this year's JAMB is becoming worrisome.. I just hope the minister of Education will do something about this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Things You Need And Don't Need In Higher Institution. / Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) / Some Education On Dealing With Snake Bites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.