Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Sè You Don Get Belle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sè You Don Get Belle (1512 Views)

Aderemi, The Village Belle By Olubunmi Famuyiwa / "Nah Who Carry Belle?" My Encounter With A Naija Teenager! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
'Olosho' Mama Remi said as she threw Remi things out of the house
'Mum please' Remi said
'Ah! I didn't give birth to prostitute oh'
'Mummy I'm not pregnant'
'Who said you are pregnant? Olodo. You don have belle'
Mama Remi continues to throw Remi things outside. All of a sudden the bag containing Remi's underwear snaps open and everything inside falls down. Seeing this Remi ran to gather them up and folding them under her shirt.
'gbaa' the sound of the slap echoed from Remi's back
'Ashewo Ooh' Mama Remi said 'Wetin you wan hide again?
'Is it not what all the boys of this street have seen'
'Mum I'm innocent oh' Remi said with tears in her eyes.
'Mum I'm innocent oh' Mama Remi
mimicked Remi mockingly
'I said it! Since she started going with that useless Warri boy to lesson, I know something bad will happen.
'Now she has succeeded in disgracing our family'
'Mama all this things you are saying. Akpors is innocent'
'Why will he not be innocent after the lessons the two of you learnt.
'For your information pack your things and go'
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by ijobaooorun(m): 12:18am On Mar 06, 2016
Skibo!!!! are u kidding me
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by joanee20(f): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2016
follow following o
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
'So you are still here abi?' Mama Remi said while coming out of the house.
'Mummy please' Remi pleaded again
'If you don't leave this place I will pour hot water on you, at least I'm boiling some'
Mama Remi walked fast into the kitchen and brought hot water with her. On seeing the steam coming out of the water, Remi 'Ben-Johnsoned'.
'You for wait! Wèrè, Ashewo. Odè.
'See the way she dey run sef. All those yeye boys don spoil you finish'
Mama Remi closed the small gate and barricaded every entrance to the house.
Since that day is Friday, Remi expected her father to come maybe he will help her. Mama Remi on the other hand will like to narrate the useless act of Remi to her husband.
As both of them expected Remi's father came but Remi hoping to avoid any early disagreement or palaver withdrew to the next street.
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
ijobaooorun:
Skibo!!!! are u kidding me
Bros I greet U
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
joanee20:
follow following o
Yes Ma. I dey see you
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
'Ah my Lion, you are welcome' Mama Remi welcomed her husband
'My jewel, thank you'
Mama Remi took his briefcase while he closed the door.
After he ate his meal he decided to rest for a while. But after some minutes he stood up.
'Why is everywhere hot like this?' he asked
'That's how it has been for the past 4 days oh' Mama Remi said
'And NEPA will not bring light
'By the way, where is Remi?'
When Mama Remi heard that she hissed and starts laughing. Remi's dad was confused. He could not decide which one to choose between the hiss and the laugh.
'What happened?' he asked sternly
On seeing the way his husband face has changed, she quickly decides to play along.
'She is pregnant'
'Pre... What'
'I said SHE IS PREGNANT'
'How. Why. When. Where?'
'See jamb question oh. Mî ömö' she said hitting one hand on another.
'Where is her now?'
'Ehm... I told her to leave the house oh'
'You did WHAT?'
'I told her to take her things but she refused to take them so I threw them outside for her to pick'
'Why will you do that? You would have waited for me'
'Ehm... Because you are Mike Tyson. Do I not know what's right or wrong?'
'Okay' he said scratching his head 'How did you know she is pregnant?'
'Ah bèni. Am I not a mother?'
'That's not sufficient na. It's not sufficient' he said almost sobbing
'Ehm... I took her urine sample to the local hospital and they confirmed she is pregnant' she said calmly
'Are you sure?' he said while breaking down into sobs. He didn't remember the last time he cried. Remi will become a lawyer he remembered. But her future is ending now.
'I must do something' he said to himself.
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2016
'Let's go to the hospital' Remi's dad said
'But. Why na' Mam Remi said raising her eyebrow
'Will you stand up and let's go' he barked while he was going to get a shirt inside his room
'Ah woman!' he said when he returned to meet her still sitting down 'Are you standup-phobic'
Getting up grumbling, she went inside, changed and met him while he is reversing the car.
'What happened to your face?' he asked
'Nothing' she snapped with her squeezing her face like a bread compressd by trailer.
'We even ought to look for Remi' he said while he was driving 'Her whereabouts is unknown for now'
'She knew road abeg' she said.
'Why is her husband behaving like this' she thought 'Do he think that she is lying'
Remi's dad maintained his cool until they got to the hospital. He knew what he would do once he got there.
When they got to the hospital, Remi's dad went straight to the CMD who he told everything.
'If the test was done and it confirmed that she is pregnant then it means she is. What do you think?' the CMD said
'But, she is a good girl. I would vouch for her anywhere'
'Okay if that is the case go to the lab, I would send a reference ahead'
After about 1 hour of almost no activity. The lab assistant broke the silence.
'Remi Adegoke you say?'
'Yes that's my daughter' Remi's dad said
'Ehn' the lab assistant said scratching his head 'You said that the test said she was pregnant?'
'It's that not what you people said?'
'If this is true...'
'Then what?' Remi's father interrupted him
'It would mean... That she is not pregnant'
'What! Are you stupid! Do you know what you just said?'
'I'm sorry sir. Her result was interchanged with another person. Same surname but her name is Kemi.
'Probably it's the nurse error'
'You are crazy! Do you know the stigma my daughter was subjected to?
'No you won't know'
Meanwhile Mama Remi has fallen to the ground. Probably she has fainted. But no, her tiny voice could still be heard and she was shouting 'Mö ögbe.
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by joanee20(f): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
No be only mogbe na. aaaarrrrh.. ride on
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by kayspark27(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2016
Walks in with one carton of malta guiness ...feel free to drink o...,looking for liohan to update !!!
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by ijobaooorun(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
kayspark27:
Walks in with one carton of malta guiness ...feel free to drink o...,looking for liohan to update !!!

**walks in wit 1 full bag of pop-corn** oyah lets go dere

1 Like

Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
@everyone, please make una neva vex. Na work hold me down. Oya make I proceed.
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
'I told you, but you were forming James Bond. See now!' Remi's dad fumed at his wife.
Meanwhile nurses have occupied the lab trying to raise up Mama Remi. Seeing the way Remi's dad was angry, they dare not say anything to him. But one mustered courage and said 'Sir, please let's try to wake her up first before you do anything'
'Shut up! Who told you she is sleeping? Do sleepers talk?'
'Ehn... She lost strength' the nurse said sheeplishly
'Rubbish!' he said and left the hospital.
As if something hits him on the head, he returned back, looked at the nurses and hissed.
'I'm coming back for you people. If my daughter is not found, just know that you're in trouble' he said with anger and left.
'Madam' the nurse attending to mama Remi said 'Thank God you are alive'
'Where is my husband?' she asked
'He went out angrily in search of your daughter'
'Is he angry'
The nurse nodded her head.
'Madam. Please let me go get the CMD , he said he wants to speak with you immediately you wake up. It's urgent' she said walking runningly out of the ward.
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by joanee20(f): 11:34am On Mar 10, 2016
kwontinu
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
The door of the single room ward closed with top officers of the hospital standing close to Mama Remi's bed.
'Ehm...Uhm' the CMD cleared his throat
'Madam' he continued 'Your husband was here while you were still unconscious. He said that his...I mean your daughter is still at large'
Mama Remi tried to sit up but it was clear that she doesn't have the strength to do so.
'Madam don't worry, just feel free' one of the doctors said
'What we are trying to say is, Madam please help us to beg your husband, he is very angry and we heard he's filing a court suit against us for the wrong diagnosis'
Mama Remi on hearing that sat up and with lines on her face as a result of discomfort.
'Sir, when my husband gets angry it is very hard to soothe him' she said
With bead of sweat forming on the CMD face he tried to reason with Mama Remi, the doctors there also pleaded with Mama Remi and took their leave.
Mama Remi was not herself again, she thought of what she had done to Remi, who is no where to be found. Now her husband is mad at her, he hasn't visited her since she has been in the hospital, not even a check if she is OK or has eaten. She imagined if she had used a little wisdom things would have been like this.
'God, let Remi be found' she prayed
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by joanee20(f): 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Remi come back o..
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
Meanwhile, some hundreds of kilometres away from Lagos, a village near Ogbomosho in Oyo state. A young girl walks into her grandmother's house.
'Ah Remi oh' the excited old woman said almost falling from her chair
'Grandma Èkunronlè'
'My daughter, this one you came oh. It is unexpected. Nothing to welcome you'
'Mama it's fine' Remi said with a chuckle

'You mean your mother did that' her grandmother asked Remi immediately they finished eating.
'Yes mama. She even threatened to pour hot water on me'
'Ah that's unlike your mother. What did my son-in-law, your father say?'
'Mama, my dad was not around' said Remi in tears
'It's okay' her grandmuum consoled her
'I will do everything I can do to protect you' she added.
'Go and take your sleep' her grandmum said as she put out the light.
'Remi tell me the truth. Are you sure you are innocent?' her grandmum asked her again
'Yes' Remi said bodly
'Okay oh. We will go to Iyä Ömo's place she can help us. At least she is experienced.
That afternoon her grandmum called a meeting and after which they agreed that Remi will stay for at least a week before she returns back. By that time, they reasoned everything would be calm.
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by joanee20(f): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
Y d short updates na??
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by kayspark27(m): 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
sharps my cutlass ...gettin ready to cut liohan into pieces if he gives short updates again!!
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 4:50am On Mar 11, 2016
It's been two weeks since Remi was with her maternal grandmum. After making all neccessary arrangements, her youngest uncle would go with her, as she returns back to her father's house.
After lodging a complaint at the police station for their missing daughter, Remi's parents decided to suspend the lawsuit until Remi is found. Of what use is a lawsuit if the victim is not found they reasoned.
Mama Remi who has grown lean from mourning for days came out of the door, with sadness her husband who also came out was watching his wife as she opens the gate that led to the house.
'Ah brother welcome' Mama Remi said with little excitement trying to cover her glooming look.
'Welcome' Remi's dad said after he has entered the house.
'It's even because of her that I came' Remi's uncle whose name was Dayo said after his sister had told him everything.
'Sorry we didn't call you' Remi's dad said 'I've not been to work for almost 3 weeks now because of this'.
'Okay let's keep hoping' Dayo said as he stood up to take his leave.
'Won't you take something?' Remi's dad asked.
'No. Not this time when everything is alright I'll stop in for a drink'
As the 3 of them walked to the car, Dayo opened the passenger seat and behold! It's Remi.
'Oh Remi' her dad said with tears welling in his eyes 'Thank God'
Mama Remi knelt down and pleaded with Remi to forgive her. Pulling his wife violently from the ground Remi's dad splutted 'How would you?... It is... Forbidden'
'Bro Dayo, thank you' the family said in unison after they have finished eating and drinking.
'I wished mum is here. She would have broken your head' Bro Dayo said jokingly as he turned on his car.
'And don't forget to make her happy again' he said as he drove away.
'Now I can return back to work' Remi's dad said and sighed as he walked into the house.

Liohan 2016
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 4:51am On Mar 11, 2016
kayspark27:
sharps my cutlass ...gettin ready to cut liohan into pieces if he gives short updates again!!
Bros, me I get Odeshi oh!!!
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 4:58am On Mar 11, 2016
joanee20:
Y d short updates na??
Ma I forgot to buy popcorn while the wait is on... Just enjoy your zobo while you wear your 3D glasses...
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by joanee20(f): 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
cry grin grin
liohan:
Ma I forgot to buy popcorn while the wait is on... Just enjoy your zobo while you wear your 3D glasses...

stop bribing me Jor... oya where is d zoba and 3D glasses let me manage cos the updates are too short
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by kayspark27(m): 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
liohan:
Bros, me I get Odeshi oh!!!
. i pray..shey u watch isakaba ...u knw d rest. nice story tho ,hope its nt d end
Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by liohan: 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thanks everyone. I appreciate you all...
This short story is dedicated to all women folk who have been victimised because of a community social norms. It's also dedicated to everyone who didn't allow others judgement to bring them down, rather they became an inspiration for others.
They'll live a happy life like the one Remi lived after on.
Once again thanks all. Thanks everyone. I appreciate you all...
This short story is dedicated to all women folk who have been victimised because of a community social norms. It's also dedicated to everyone who didn't allow others judgement to bring them down, rather they became an inspiration for others.
They'll live a happy life like the one Remi lived after on.
Once again thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Sè You Don Get Belle by Rhayne(f): 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mehn...this is what some mothers do. Quick to believe negative things about their kids. Too bad!

(1) (Reply)

THE Maid Part 2 / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / Get Published

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.