Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters (966 Views)

Another Breed Of Endangered Species: Eligible Spinsters / A Lady's Shocking Prayers For Her Ex Sister-In-Law Who Just Got Married / When Your Mother Takes All Her Money To Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by Rapmoney(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2016
It is now becoming a norm in our society to see numerous churches, especially, those in the pentecostal group, organising what they call 'special prayers' for the unmarried women. It is so pathetic that this has become a daily routine in most churches, as you will see young and middle-aged women who are unmarried trooping in and in droves too, to various miracle centres in our cities!!! This special prayer sessions normally last hours!

It seems these modern posh shiny-suit -wearing punk-haired pastors are not telling these ladies the truth. The bottomline for this so-called special prayers is just to maintain relevance for these pastors! They are fully aware that there's a growing number of single women in our society and they are capitalizing on that to create a soft life for themselves.

The truth is that, many Nigerians are religiously over zealous. They ascribe everything to the evil manipulations of perceived spirutual enemies. Except these pastors are praying that the ladies get married to the children of specific wealthy Nigerians like the Otedolas and Dangotes, I don't see anything reasonable in organising meaningless special prayers for our young ladies to get married! We should be more realistic than being idealistic in these modern times. It is a thing of joy for young women to marry but we shouldn't make it an avenue to distract people's attention from the real cause of this 'lack-of-husbands-phenomenon'. When pastors 'pray' for these women to get married, who are those they will get married to? The young men in the society of course! Now, most of this set of people are either jobless or underemployed! Would it not be better if these young men in your congregations are empowered through trainings and job placements so that they can marry among the ladies they have been desiring? I think this growing number of spinsters is more of an economic issue than religion! I don't think there's an old woman sitting somewhere in one village that has made Vanessa or Ejiro not to have married. Even if there was an old woman, what's the percentage that this is the cause among our unmarried ladies?

I believe the people in the Scandinavian countries like Sweden and Norway didn't pray as much as we do before their young men were able to comfortably take a wife at the age of 23!!! The average young man in most western countries have access to a reasonable economic life! In my country, our pastors see this phenomenon as a means of flagrantly extorting people and brain-washing them. On the other hand, the unnecessary high expectations of most of our young unmarried women have blinded them absolutely from finding out the truth! Most of them see their would-be husbands in the image of their posh-looking pastors. Until you look inward...search your heart...find out how you can be of economic value to yourself and your would-be husband, you will continue to live in deceit.

I am concerned, Oga Pastor...our marriageable unmarried ladies could still be my sisters, cousins, nieces, church members, neighbours and friends!

Happy Sunday!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by BLINGZ88: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by dollyjoy(f): 12:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
Well said,that was how i attended one programme for Abraka that year,the pastor prophesied that my grandmother was the one preventing me from getting married,surprisingly my grandmum died about 5yrs ago and i was just 18 then self..the irony in it all was that the pastor daughter who was about 26 then wasnt married. embarassed

she was probably waiting for 'God time'

who are they decieving?fake pastors everywheresad

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by Rapmoney(m): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
BLINGZ88:
Ok
I know you! wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by Cholls(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
my brother even the so called pastors dey chop those women body and money. chai!
Re: Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by uboma(m): 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
dollyjoy:
Well said,that was how i attended one programme for Abraka that year,the pastor prophesied that my grandmother was the one preventing me from getting married,surprisingly my grandmum died about 5yrs ago and i was just 18 then self..the irony in it all was that the pastor daughter who was about 26 then wasnt married. embarassed

she was probably waiting for 'God time'

who are they decieving?fake pastors everywheresad

These fake clergy men end up taking undue advantage of these single ladies all in the name of praying for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by Acidosis(m): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
Nice thread.

Most of these ladies know the truth but they find it difficult to stay with the good men.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors, Stop Organising 'Special Prayers' For Spinsters by poik(m): 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
Rapmoney:
It is now becoming a norm in our society to see numerous churches, especially, those in the pentecostal group, organising what they call 'special prayers' for the unmarried women. It is so pathetic that this has become a daily routine in most churches, as you will see young and middle-aged women who are unmarried trooping in and in droves too, to various miracle centres in our cities!!! This special prayer sessions normally last hours!

It seems these modern posh shiny-suit -wearing punk-haired pastors are not telling these ladies the truth. The bottomline for this so-called special prayers is just to maintain relevance for these pastors! They are fully aware that there's a growing number of single women in our society and they are capitalizing on that to create a soft life for themselves.

The truth is that, many Nigerians are religiously over zealous. They ascribe everything to the evil manipulations of perceived spirutual enemies. Except these pastors are praying that the ladies get married to the children of specific wealthy Nigerians like the Otedolas and Dangotes, I don't see anything reasonable in organising meaningless special prayers for our young ladies to get married! We should be more realistic than being idealistic in these modern times. It is a thing of joy for young women to marry but we shouldn't make it an avenue to distract people's attention from the real cause of this 'lack-of-husbands-phenomenon'. When pastors 'pray' for these women to get married, who are those they will get married to? The young men in the society of course! Now, most of this set of people are either jobless or underemployed! Would it not be better if these young men in your congregations are empowered through trainings and job placements so that they can marry among the ladies they have been desiring? I think this growing number of spinsters is more of an economic issue than religion! I don't think there's an old woman sitting somewhere in one village that has made Vanessa or Ejiro not to have married. Even if there was an old woman, what's the percentage that this is the cause among our unmarried ladies?

I believe the people in the Scandinavian countries like Sweden and Norway didn't pray as much as we do before their young men were able to comfortably take a wife at the age of 23!!! The average young man in most western countries have access to a reasonable economic life! In my country, our pastors see this phenomenon as a means of flagrantly extorting people and brain-washing them. On the other hand, the unnecessary high expectations of most of our young unmarried women have blinded them absolutely from finding out the truth! Most of them see their would-be husbands in the image of their posh-looking pastors. Until you look inward...search your heart...find out how you can be of economic value to yourself and your would-be husband, you will continue to live in deceit.

I am concerned, Oga Pastor...our marriageable unmarried ladies could still be my sisters, cousins, nieces, church members, neighbours and friends!

Happy Sunday!

Intelligently and aptly presented, true talk most importantly.
I agree that the the spinsterhood issue is an economic rather than a spiritual issue.
But for balance's sake, some cases are really and actually spiritual.
Africa has its share of peculiarities, and i believe this matter is one slice of it.
But i would advocate NOT the time of the marriage, but the quality of the marriage.
And in some cases it has nothing to do with prayers and programmes, but God's timing, which is the best.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

13 Questions To Ask Before Getting Married / I Want To Change My Muslim Surname, What Are The Effects. / Lady Gets 70 Carat Diamond Ring Worth £7million On Her 5th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.