Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics (21180 Views)

How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? / Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by mcino: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
I am an insurance policy holder with Mutual Benefit Assurance Limited, through one of their marketers. He disappeared after a while and when I saw another of their marketers, I explained to him and he went to their office in Asokoro Abuja to change it.

He collected the premium from me for a while and disappeared again. He told me he wasn't working there again. I went to their office after a long while and they gave me a form to fill for termination. I filled the form and submitted same on the 1st of December, 2015 and got a message of acknowledgment from them, with a phone number attachment.

I have tried to call the number, severally, but it was switched off. I copied a number from their jacket, but when I called it, the receiver told me that he has resigned from the company. As there is no official information from the company and they are sitting on my 80k, please advise me on how to retrieve my money. My policy number is ISP/13/136698/ABJ.

Attached are the pictures of my receipts and other documents to buttress my claim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by mcino: 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2016
Pls Lalasticlala and all those concerned, help me and do justice to this, so that more people can see it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by hob(m): 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
Is Lalasticlala now an insurance agent

Come and answer your call Lalasticlala

@op just go to them and display weyrey 4dem, shebi u get all ur evidence of payment

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by crownwealth: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
what
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Amplitron: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
If it is this difficult for you the depositor to claim I wonder how it will be for claimants (in case of eventualities).

Most of those people from insurance company's are marketers placed only on commissions. They leave the company once they get better offers. The insurance company's fault is that they hardly update customers when their Marketing Officers change. It is always good to establish a relationship with the company and not just the marketers.

NAICOM (http://naicom.gov.ng/payload?id=66088c7c-1bcd-4503-9284-85ec6f276d79) and Central Bank are their regulators. You can report them as a last resort.

6 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by lakeside69: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
As much as i empathise with you, it is advisable that no matter the policy u are undertaking, pls go thru a reputable Insurance Broker. They will not take a kobo from you for their services, they will ensure you get the best competitive rating and ensure you get adequate indemnification in the event of a pay back. I will advise you, rather than use telephone calls, do physical visit to their office and meet their Branch Manager who shall ensure your claim is attended to. A follow up letter to the discussion with the responsible matter will do you a whole lot of good. Wish u all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by jordyspices: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
If I be u I go do like that man wey go gtb naked himself dey shout chai my money oh my money oh.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
Pls report to efcc
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by iceberylin(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
Insurance is really a pool of Risk grin

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by DaBullIT(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Scam everywhere
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by maverickdude(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Mutual benefit sef don enta d business,welcome aboard

Scammers everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by kolatobs(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
grin
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by ITSaWRAPPP: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
seized ke shocked shocked

Nothing is as safe as personally managing your investments i.e. Treasury bills, fixed deposits and regular savings account.

I bet you did not read the terms and conditions which are usually illegible just to deter you from reading the TCs.
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by wiloy2k8(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
bad
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by davodyguy: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
smiley
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by KAYNINI(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
These people eh
they have refused to return my money
They beg to have it and impose unreasonable clauses whenever you want it
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Lifeafterlove: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
Joblessness is not good o. Look at how I'm commenting on a topic I know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Depot(m): 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
Apart from bank, I can't give anybody my hard earned money, for wetin?
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by yomalex(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hmm
Check how to report your Bank or any other Financial institution here
http://tipsdome.com/how-to-report-your-bank-to-central-bank-of-nigeria/
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by jimi4us: 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
Insurance companies in Nigeria are dubious when it comes to money. Even abokii is aware.
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Smellymouth: 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
undecided
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by emzila(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
this treatment is no longer mutual o
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Socketbet: 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
Their name alone tells what they are up to
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by dunasy(f): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
mcino:
I am an insurance policy holder with Mutual Benefit Assurance Limited, through one of their marketers. He disappeared after a while and when I saw another of their marketers, I explained to him and he went to their office in Asokoro Abuja to change it.

He collected the premium from me for a while and disappeared again. He told me he wasn't working there again. I went to their office after a long while and they gave me a form to fill for termination. I filled the form and submitted same on the 1st of December, 2015 and got a message of acknowledgment from them, with a phone number attachment.

I have tried to call the number, severally, but it was switched off. I copied a number from their jacket, but when I called it, the receiver told me that he has resigned from the company. As there is no official information from the company and they are sitting on my 80k, please advise me on how to retrieve my money. My policy number is ISP/13/136698/ABJ.

Attached are the pictures of my receipts and other documents to buttress my claim.

How many years was your policy?

If it has matured, you can get your money.

I had a policy with them and I have collected my money. Try this number 07098767003 ( this was the number I tried, I got it from the receipts given to me).

Also, you can get your money even if you are not in Lagos, as long as they have a branch office in the state you are in.

I hope this information would be helpful.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Kpia: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
You have your policy document. That is an evidence proving that you have a policy with them.
please go to their office, it's as easy as going to the bank.
your money is safe, not lost.

No Insurance company dares play with their client; NAICOM will sanction any one that does that.
I know how it plays. It is not like before.
please before you conclude, do the needful.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Bluffly: 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
mcino:

You caused it. Why giving cash to the marketers. When it comes to insurance go to their main hub while you shine your eyes. Insurance is not bad in Nigeria but the marketers and managers are, if giving them the chance.
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Hysmady(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lemme ask my uncle, cus he works their...Finance dept. To be precise
Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by InvertedHammer: 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
/
I have said it on NL on numerous occasions that insurance is a scam for the most part in Nigeria. The sad thing is that people usually find out after an incident. Even in the developed countries, insurance companies are known to find every loopholes in the policy to avoid compensation. Be it health insurance, auto or home insurance, the game is the same. I can only imagine their game plan in Nigeria.
A few months back, some smart Alec was telling me here on NL how much insurance coverage he has on his business in Nigeria. He was rattling off on the semantic mumbo jumbo the agent sold him, i could only laugh at his ignorance.
/

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by businesslawyer(m): 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
mcino:
Pls Lalasticlala and all those concerned, help me and do justice to this, so that more people can see it
Kindly email compliance@mbaplc.com. I work with the Company and am sure I can be of help. Once i receive your mail with your phone number i will get in touch with you. in the alternative please call the customer care at 08083333151 or email customer care: infombl@mutuallifeng.com. Please use any or all the options i just provided and I will be happy to see the issues resolved.

Regards.

10 Likes

Re: Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics by Okijajuju1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lawyer..

Get yourself a Lawyer.

A good Lawyer, not an Anambra State University or Imo State University trained lawyer.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 / Enaira Becomes USSD Enabled From Next Week / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.