Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

What Skills And Attributes Determine Whether Or Not You Get A Job In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Skills And Attributes Determine Whether Or Not You Get A Job In Nigeria (1152 Views)

Offshore Workers Pay Slip,what Skills Pay The Most In Offshore? / Banking/finance Sector: What Skills Do I Need to be There? / Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Skills And Attributes Determine Whether Or Not You Get A Job In Nigeria by kiwibabe(f): 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2006
Hello My people, I was wondering if you can help me, I am doing an assignment on cultural differences between nigeria and two other countries but I have become stuck and lost for words.

I need to know about the profiles of young people entering into work in nigeria, such as what skills/ attributes are required from employers in order for a young people/graduates to get a job, also what factors contribute to getting a job, such as family connections. Do employer's favour relatives more when it comes to filling a position.

Please does anyone have any answers for this, my search is not limited to CV's and Applications, so if anyone has any good sources of information please feel free to post.

Also can you please enlighten me on the selection process of different companies.

I know having the youth service certificate and that having experience helps but what else.

Does anyone have a job application for any type of company in nigeria that I can take a look at, i.e. a web link.

Or even what information you put on to your CV, this would help me out a lot.

Thanks My People.
Re: What Skills And Attributes Determine Whether Or Not You Get A Job In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2006
the thing they focus on is your Degree and the your Degree

the adverts i have seen are quite basic
your qualifications
your age

then your result in the test(s)
Re: What Skills And Attributes Determine Whether Or Not You Get A Job In Nigeria by Ejarune(m): 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2006
I quite agree with Loverbwoy but it's not so in all cases. It depends on the company, what they pay and the kind of environment they are operating. for instance in the Niger Delta region communites are involved in employment opportunities in companies.

Some Companies like Construction companies are more concerned with what you can offer, your experience. so in most cases they don,t employ you as a full time staff but as a contract staff so if you are not measuring up they can easily kick you out. so majority of Nigerian workforce in the oil and gas Sector are working as contract staff.

If we are to look at it critically from this angle we can say that technical experience really counts, having confidence in yourself, humility and courtesy. All these attributes could really be of help to anyone seeking a job in Nigerian and has no Body to look up to for help except God.

(1) (Reply)

1st Class In Agric Economics, What Options Are Available / Improve Your Career With Unix Skills / Beautiful HR Questions !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.