Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Railway System In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Railway System In Nigeria (574 Views)

African Railway Center For Excellence Scholarship For Africans / FGN offering 5 Years Railway Engineering Scholarship In China / Railway Group D Recruitment 2019-20 - RRB Group D 2019 Notification Apply Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Railway System In Nigeria by 2ndOhio: 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Help a friend with some info needed for his final year project. Details below;

"I am working on something related to Nigeria's Railway System for my final year project.
I am focusing majorly on the railway crossings (where the railway crosses the motor roads)
I know that the barricades at the crossings are usually lowered when a train is about to cross the intersection.
I want to know how it is communicated to the NRC official (or whoever lowers the barricade) at the intersection that there is an oncoming train.
Does this official know by the noisy sound the train makes or by when the official sights the train from afar or maybe there is a way the train pilot alerts the NRC oficial at the intersection.
Thanks."
Re: Railway System In Nigeria by Zelex9(m): 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
2ndOhio:
Help a friend with some info needed for his final year project. Details below;

"I am working on something related to Nigeria's Railway System for my final year project.
I am focusing majorly on the railway crossings (where the railway crosses the motor roads)
I know that the barricades at the crossings are usually lowered when a train is about to cross the intersection.
I want to know how it is communicated to the NRC official (or whoever lowers the barricade) at the intersection that there is an oncoming train.
Does this official know by the noisy sound the train makes or by when the official sights the train from afar or maybe there is a way the train pilot alerts the NRC oficial at the intersection.
Thanks."

I believe communication is done via telephone.
Re: Railway System In Nigeria by 2ndOhio: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2016
Zelex9:

I believe communication is done via telephone.

Wooow... that just shows how far we have to go as a country.

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Jambites / 2016 Cmc Write To Win Contest / Happy Pi-day: Funny Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.