Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,479 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

What Exactly Goes On In The Stock Market? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Exactly Goes On In The Stock Market? (382 Views)

Stock Market Investors Lose N11billion On Trading Floor / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On / What Exactly Will Go Wrong If The CBN Floods The Economy With Dollars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Goes On In The Stock Market? by LOSKYXANDER: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2016
Hello Nairalanders!!! now I have always heard people talk and chat about the stock market, investors running into profits and losses....etc. But I don't have an in depth knowledge of how it works. Can people throw more light on it please!! who knows, I might just be interested in the bussiness
Re: What Exactly Goes On In The Stock Market? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
The Stock Market is just like any other market that you and I know in the real world where buying and selling takes place. However, in the stock market, the only item of trade is what we call "stocks". These stocks are imaginary representations of an entity. i.e The Identity of a company so in essence, the stock market is the platform where these entities are traded. The exception to this market is that only registered 'brokers' stock brokers are the only recognized and regulated operators who can buy and sell on the behalf of clients. I hope you have an idea of hoe the stock market works now? Cheers
Re: What Exactly Goes On In The Stock Market? by LOSKYXANDER: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
Ayoolla:
The Stock Market is just like any other market that you and I know in the real world where buying and selling takes place. However, in the stock market, the only item of trade is what we call "stocks". These stocks are imaginary representations of an entity. i.e The Identity of a company so in essence, the stock market is the platform where these entities are traded. The exception to this market is that only registered 'brokers' stock brokers are the only recognized and regulated operators who can buy and sell on the behalf of clients. I hope you have an idea of hoe the stock market works now? Cheers
Thanks a lot, but then how exactly do people run into profits and loss, and how come brokers buy and sell on behalf of clients? more details please

(1) (Reply)

FOREX Crisis: Food, Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers / Seek First The Kingdom And All Other Things Shall Be Added Unto You / Oil Hits 2016 High Of 43 Dollars Per Barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.