Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video (11804 Views)

Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos) / Battling With Life. Sister,wife And Mother Of Three. Mrs Olaide Bolaji(nee Oguns / Paul Arisa, Cancer Patient Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by pheesayor(m): 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Alopecia is an autoimmune disease and a hormonal disorder.The hair on your head just stops growing...this disease can be extremely challenging. It strips your pride away and dwindles your confidence to a negative low and you are left a choice of confidently rocking a bald head or hiding behind wigs.

Dear Stella,
My name is Jasmine Oguns. I have suffered from a disease called Alopecia for the last ten years of my life. If you are reading this and you do not know what Alopecia is, I will briefly educate you.

It is a disease that makes the hair on your head stop growing. Sometimes it even impairs the growth of hairs on your face (eyebrows, beard and upper lip (for men) and even the body.

Alopecia is an autoimmune disease and a hormonal disorder. It is not physically contagious but for any woman like me, emotionally, this disease can be extremely challenging. It strips your pride away and dwindles your confidence to a negative low. I will discuss my own personal experiences of stigmatization because of alopecia in due time.

Photographer, Anthony Griffin summed it all in the very recent photo-shoot he did where he beautifully captured several female Alopecia sufferers that “It can result in social phobia, anxiety and depression, especially for women for whom a deep, personal relationship between hair and self-esteem has existed throughout history, philosophy and religion.”

Even celebrities like Tina Turner, Naomi Campbell, and Beyonce have been strongly rumoured to suffer from alopecia. Several of their colleagues also donate millions to support alopecia sufferers but in Nigeria, victims are stigmatized and suffer.

Men are affected by alopecia too. But they can get away with it by being called 'bald and sexy'. A woman's hair is her crowning glory. Hair loss from Alopecia can drive you to the verge of suicide if you do not get emotional support. It is not to be joked with.

MY COMPLAINT:
A while ago, I started an NGO, (Heroic Alopecian Foundation - HAF) to create awareness about Alopecia and help reduce stigmatization. I paid a director called Edward Uka to shoot a video which was meant to be an intro for an extensive documentary on Alopecia. Edward introduced Philip Azeke aka 'MC Wazobia to feature in the video. (Engaging MC Wazobia was not even part of the initial plan).

When this video project was completed, MC Wazobia asked to use the video and I said “NO”. I was still editing it and was not fully ready to air it. As I write this press release, my video has gone viral.

MC WAZOBIA HAS STOLEN THE VIDEO, claimed the intellectual rights, edited it to look like a full blown comedy skit and released to gain popularity without acknowledging / giving credit to the true video source or originally intended purpose.

Wazobia FM, despite the enormous campaigns about piracy in Nigeria, even appended their watermark on my video and spread it through their online media channels.

I humbly ask you to help me expose and address this theft. Anything released to the internet cannot be retrieved. I will forge ahead and find other ways to modify and release my earlier intended project. But I want Phillip Azeke aka MC Wazobia to be sanctioned for his unprofessional and fraudulent act. Simply put, HE STOLE MY WORK.

I questioned him directly and he remains unapologetic, unremorseful, and callous about his actions. He has a right of reply to this release but I have already engaged the services of a lawyer to pursue legal redress and I will hand the lawyer all evidence required to prove my story.

I am so sad and traumatized that serious issue like Alopecia can be treated as comical in our country Nigeria. It is high time we start treating certain health issues with more sensitivity than we already are. I am certain that women, who truly know the implication of hair loss, can also lend a voice to condemning MC Wazobia’s actions.

Thank you for your assistance. I am most grateful.

Regards,

Jasmine Oguns

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2016/03/alopecia-patient-jasmine-oguns-cries.html?m=1

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Chadasbaby(f): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
Dear Jasmine,

As a fellow woman, I share your pain. I really hope he is made to pay for this foolishness, and not just that, I hope other insensitive people learn from this, and stop using other people's predicament for selfish purposes. I really wish I am in a position to handle this Mc worefa guy.
He has no right whatsoever to act the way he did.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Khalmax(m): 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
Saddening!

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by DadaStephen1(m): 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
This is another form of the corruption we are kicking against in Nigeria. The guys exploited the lady and the Philip is still using her to make cheap fame.
I contacted him nicely to pity the lady's condition, apologise to her and take down the video, the guy insulted the hell out of me.
Let's fight against copyright infringement,
Let's fight against discrimination against women,
Let's fight against stigmatisation of Alopecia patients, they are humans too and they deserve to be treated with respect.
These guys obviously would have been cheating lots of people, especially ladies who won't be able to speak out.
Let's stand up for this lady. E FIT BE YOU O!!!!
I know mods especially Lalastica will take this to front page.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by dominique(f): 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
Imagine cracking jokes based on someone else's misfortune. I will never understand the mindset of some people.

11 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Wolexzzo: 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
Why seek cheap popularity on the platform of someone's health challenge? Why further traumatise someone who is already experiencing trauma? Why do you hurt someone when you are in a position to put a smile on their face? Why, why, why...? And at a time when piracy is a major concern to all stakeholders in the Entertainment Industry?

Mr Phillips, but why Obviously Wazobia TV doesn't doesn't have an internal process of verifying the intellectual property owners of contents brought to their office. To think this content carries the signatures of a supposed professional entity without any input from them is most worrisome.

We should all be each other's keeper and not destroyer. Phillip and Wazobia, please do better in the future.

8 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by okoseun: 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
Dear Mods,

In the spirit of international women's day, please this is a woman that is being cheated/defrauded in the wake of her health challenge, please move this to the front page let's give this more awareness.

General Seun
Rear Admiral Lalasticlala

E jor oooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by sukkot: 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
hmmm issoraiii
Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by ladyF(f): 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
shocked This is pure wickedness. Riding on someone's predicament for your own selfish interest... cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by justicejay(m): 8:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
J
Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
Kindly provide a link to the comedy skit video in other for us to ascertain. grin grin grin

This year has been a year of accusation and counter accusations from PDP to APC ,davido and baby mama e.t.c

Who's next?

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by gabazin080(m): 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
Season of seeking cheap publicity.

How dem take dey steal video biko
Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by rawtouch: 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hope u guys have a signed agreement
Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by gabazin080(m): 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
Some people are destined to work for others, not because they are not good but because they won't even be noticed if they had produced the stolen hit track themselve
Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Swanye(m): 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
This is a common occurrence in the music industry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by DadaStephen1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by aceprime: 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
Swanye:
This is a common occurrence in the music industry
The issue has nothing related to the music industry,this is a case of human exploitation and rape of emotions,is pathetic,i know the lady personally and i designed the logo for her NGO,so it makes me part of the organization,some people deserve the hottest part of hell with the devil dishing them hot coal every night

8 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
Your case is very well stated. Thanks for the education on Alopecia; as stated in your write up, MC Wazobia has a right of response; I will wait for his response before I chose a side...however, his silence will be construed as an adoptive statement and interpreted against him.

3 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by JSayin(f): 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
This is the face of the video 'STEALER', Mc Wazobia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by gozzlin: 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
Chadasbaby:
Dear Jasmine,

As a fellow woman, I share your pain. I really hope he is made to pay for this foolishness, and not just that, I hope other insensitive people learn from this, and stop using other people's predicament for selfish purposes. I really wish I am in a position to handle this Mc worefa guy.
He has no right whatsoever to act the way he did.

shocked
Babe, only one post since you registered in 2012! But why na?

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by porshuch: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
gabazin080:
Season of seeking cheap publicity.

How dem take dey steal video biko
how will you know, when you refused to read the write up, after you will come here and start seeking advise on how to manage second class lower certificate.

6 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by yomalex(m): 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
Intellectual Property
Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by lordhugo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
If what you said is true, I strongly condemn the actions of MC wazobia.

Start a hash tag on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by philzek24: 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
Please I don't have much to say about d so called stolen video which was my idea my concept.All I did was help in creating my part of the awareness which is what she wanted and also help in publicizing the foundation instead I got a wrong twist so pls help watch dis skit n tell me wat is wrong with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0R04wZPh78

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Seaen(m): 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
Poor Damage control. So you quickly edited the stolen work. What you did was wrong. Own up and apologise Mr man.
philzek24:
Please I don't have much to say about d so called stolen video which was my idea my concept.All I did was help in creating my part of the awareness which is what she wanted and also help in publicizing the foundation instead I got a wrong twist so pls help watch dis skit n tell me wat is wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Khalmax(m): 12:13am On Mar 09, 2016
Omo! This guy still dey talk oo.... This is hell breaks loose, you even have the audacity of playing "I am mr Right" here abi... How I wish we go see face to face...even taking the advantage of the publicity in order to promote ur own video abi?...the world is watching

2 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by JSayin(f): 12:26am On Mar 09, 2016
philzek24:

You are PURE EVIL McWazobia aka Phillip.
You have even gone ahead realeased the whole documentary online.
A video you did not pay a single kobo to produce and have no authority whatsoever to. distribute.
I pray you are prosecuted and pay HUGE damages for this. angry

2 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Holaoluwakitan: 12:31am On Mar 09, 2016
What awareness are u creating without d owner consent. U can lie for Africa.. God will av mercy on u even thou devil doesn't wnt mercy. Wise up guy

4 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Ellagold1: 12:49am On Mar 09, 2016
lordhugo:
If what you said is true, I strongly condemn the actions of MC wazobia.
Start a hash tag on Twitter.

Yes Tolu, please do as he says, start a hashtag
Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by Ellagold1: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2016
philzek24:

You're just a common and unintelligent thief, the world has seen the first video you uploaded and all this alopecia writeup wasn't thete, now you have edited it. The Internet never forgets, the original video you posted is there for the world to see, and the difference in the two videos is like night and day. You'll roast in hell for this

4 Likes

Re: Alopecia Patient Jasmine Oguns Cries That MC Wazobia Stole Her Video by MrImole: 1:09am On Mar 09, 2016
If true, it's very bad, but I won't say more than this until I hear from the other guy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus Patient Never Attempted To Escape – LASG / Why A Strike By Resident Doctors In ESUT, Enugu Is Illegal / COVID-19 Update For November 3 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.