Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse (27115 Views)

Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building / Lekki Building Collapse: Ambode Sacks MD Of Building Control Agency, 3 Others / Lagos State Releases Statement On Lekki Building Collapse That Killed 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by harsysky(m): 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is what happens when house owners build a 5-storey building with just 1 million naira to make not less than 10-15 million anually. God's watching all of them even those that should inspect these houses.
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by mynd1(f): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
Makapounse:
Ameen, hw re u ?
I am fine sir. u?
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by Awesome1234(f): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is really sad. SON needs to do something about this mess. Buying of sub standard material is becoming the bane of Nigeria.
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by ololade91(f): 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
may God have mercy...RIP to d dead :'
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by cocoflakes: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
The man in the truck in the second picture be standing on dead bodies like its just a plie of gravel.....
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by fortune1968: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
the root of this tragedy is corruption .Death sentence .People are saying NO which way now ?
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by semitunde: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wow . This is close to my former site. Was checking out their construction work.some months back and was trying to work out their construction process; some things were a little hasty there but I couldn't yet determine if it would affect the structures' integrity.

Oh well. Developers should note that that any increase in speed of work can easily affect the quality if not well checked. And that's assuming they used the right materials ab initio.
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by veron007: 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
deife:
What a disaster! I'm not trying to tarnish the image of any company but I have to speak out. Lekki Gardens has a reputation for cutting corners. Some of the newly built houses Horizon as it is called situated at Elegushi busstop have cracks on its walls. If I were any of the house owners I'll relocate asap lest another disaster happens.

You are not tarnishing any company's image! It's hi time we call a spade a spade. Lekki Garden estate development company is the most heart less and carlos company I have every know. All the houses in their estates are sub-standard and has one defect or the other. From the beginning we have pointing it out to the owner Richard but he didn't listen. The walls are cracking and bending even before the houses are finished. Since we have paid for the house before they started building it , Lekki Garden refused to refund my hard earned money.Two years ago a one story building collapsed in Lekki Garden Estate II (opposite Abraham Adeseyan Estate due to use of substandard materials and cutting corners). A report was sent to Lagos State building management office but as usual the report was squash and destroyed. In-fact Lekki Garden started threatening residents that made the report thugs.

[size=20pt]My final conclusion, if you have paid for any Lekki Garden building kindly go and ask they for a refund because they are just building burial coffin for you and your family.
Secondly, this loss of 18 lives could have been avoided if the first petition written 2 years ago to Lagos building commission was investigated they would have been sanctioned not to take short-cuts and theses 18 lives would have been saved. God help us in this country![/size]

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by lamdec(f): 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
olatomiwa:
No one is asking the necessary questions- Who owns the development? who are the builders? which company is supervising the project? Did the builders work with an approved plan ? Were the site engineers monitoring the quality of materials that were used?

All these are the questions that our journalists and bloggers need to find out, not just post pictures of dead people. Investigative journalism, is more productive than sensational journalism.
The building is owned by Lekki Gadens
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by Makapounse(m): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
Fine
mynd1:
I am fine sir. u?
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by mycaremimi(f): 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lekki gardens and their low quality buildings has finally killed innocent souls. I believe money has started changing hands to stop being probed.
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by deife(m): 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
veron007:

You are not tarnishing any company's image! It's hi time we call a spade a spade. Lekki Garden estate development company is the most heart less and carlos company I have every know. All the houses in their estates are sub-standard and has one defect or the other. From the beginning we have pointing it out to the owner Richard but he didn't listen. The walls are cracking and bending even before the houses are finished. Since we have paid for the house before they started building it , Lekki Garden refused to refund my hard earned money.Two years ago a one story building collapsed in Lekki Garden Estate II (opposite Abraham Adeseyan Estate due to use of substandard materials and cutting corners). A report was sent to Lagos State building management office but as usual the report was squash and destroyed. In-fact Lekki Garden started threatening residents that made the report thugs.

[size=20pt]My final conclusion, if you have paid for any Lekki Garden building kindly go and ask they for a refund because they are just building burial coffin for you and your family.
Secondly, this loss of 18 lives could have been avoided if the first petition written 2 years ago to Lagos building commission was investigated they would have been sanctioned not to take short-cuts and theses 18 lives would have been saved. God help us in this country![/size]
A big Amen to your prayer. I wish the state govt could read this and Richard Nyong himself
Re: Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse by Myself2(m): 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Judging from complaints of some engineers who had to withdraw from Lekki project jobs because of their non adherence to design specification, I'm afraid more of their buildings are in danger of collapsing, I just pray they collapse when people have not moved in.Its not if they will collapse, but when.A lot of their columns and beams have failed structural integrity test, I know this for a fact..........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auction: EFCC Invites Nigerians To Bid For Forfeited Landed Properties / Heavy Flooding At Lokogoma Estate Abuja Video / Who Owns The FENCE Around A Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.