Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women (2175 Views)

Different Types Of Pregnant Nigerian Women - Meme Collection / 5 Generations Of Beautiful Nigerian Women (Photo) / Adebiyi Muiz Celebrates Susan Smith, His Elderly Oyinbo Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
When I read the story of Susan Aghogho Asakpa, a female cab driver, I was moved! I know there are some exceptional ladies in our society who have vowed never to be deterred by the circumstances of life.

On a serious note, it so unfortunate and painful to know that many of our young Nigerian women do not make effort to be independent!!! Many feel that it is not in place for them to be independent but only fair for them to be dependent on a man. This idea is fast becoming outdated and no longer acceptable in a society with an unstable economy like ours! Even in developed societies where the economy is strong, this same idea holds no weight as those people have done away with it long time ago.

Most Young women in our society today are just so lazy to an extent where even the ones that attended private universities are still looking up to the male folks for sustenance. Those who are not so lucky to come from a financially-stable homes have delved into cheap prostitution!

I think Nigerian mothers should do more in teaching their daughters entreprenural skills early enough in life. If Susan Aghogho Asakpa wasn't enterprising, I really wonder where her life would have been now, knowing fully well how difficult it is to secure a reasonable job in Nigeria. What our mothers keep making our young women to understand indirectly is that the Nigerian society is a 'patriarchal' one! Patriarchal my foot!!! So what's the meaning of feminism? It is this mentality that has broken so many relationships and will still continue in that line as far as it is still promoted!

It is time our young Nigerian women wake up from their long slumber and become enterprising! Don't just sit your ass up there and wait for the male folks to come around and soften your life! Throwb your pride away; it is not necessary!!! Until you search your soul thoroughly and identify what you can do for yourself and your immediate environment, you will continue to live in self-deceit!

Susan Aghogho Asakpa has earned my respect. In my eyes, she will add more value to the life of any man than that beautiful lady that sits there with long artificial nails and costly Peruvian hair, waiting vainly for a man to come and uplift her. The truth is that, searching for a successful man that will improve your life and that of your family members is not a profession; neither is it an occupation or an endeavour in life! The problem is that most young ladies in our Nigerian society don't see anything useful in emulating successful women who have gone out of their way to achieve; they would rather copy the characters they see on Telemundo and other idealistic and 'Alice In Wonderland' movies!

Good afternoon everyone...

Views are welcomed cool

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by TheLastIdiot: 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
angry
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
There was a time when men thought it was sexy to have a housewife waiting for him to come home from work in her slippers, but in modern society, I think an independent woman is even more sexy.

How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
Alkarulezz, I can see u, boy! wink

Seun, lalasticlala, emusmith, wristbangle, tosyne2much, ronald4lif, ichommy, toks2008, chappychase...wink cool
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
ALKARULEZZ:
There was a time when men thought it was sexy to have a housewife waiting for him to come home from work in her slippers, but in modern society, I think an independent woman is even more sexy.

How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?
Some have started reaping the repercussion of placing their hopes on the male folks! In these difficult times, girls who are not enterprising might just start sleeping with men in order to feed and clothe themselves wink

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
TheLastIdiot:
angry
You dey vex for the matter abi?
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by TheLastIdiot: 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
Rapmoney:
You dey vex for the matter abi?
i'm more than angry.i am fed up wit dis kind of mentality angry
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
TheLastIdiot:
i'm more than angry.i am fed up wit dis kind of mentality angry
wink cheesy
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
Rapmoney:
Some have started reaping the repercussion of placing their hopes on the male folks! In these difficult times, girls who are not enterprising might just start sleeping with men in order to feed and clothe themselves wink
LoL! A girl expecting rescue never learns to save herself. Even with the means, she will find her courage wanting.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
ALKARULEZZ:

LoL! A girl expecting rescue never learns to save herself. Even with the means, she will find her courage wanting.
Unncecessary pride, I think! cool
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by ChappyChase: 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Rapmoney:

Seun, lalasticlala, emusmith, wristbangle, tosyne2much, ronald4lif, ichommy, toks2008, chappychase...wink cool
Asalama lekun!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by ichommy(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
Rapmoney:

Yes Boss Rap money.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by PresVA: 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
Nairaland men and women matter. . Odiegwu. . Make una leave women alone please. .

No woman is forcing you to spend on her and when it's time to marry, marry whoever you desire.. nawa o

On this same nairaland, some men will say they hate women who place career above their family. . A woman shouldn't do anything that will take her away from home because her home comes first...
Some will say they want their wives to be teachers or micro entrepreneurs, so that they would have ample time for the family

Again, on this same nairaland some will say independent/career ladies are so arrogant and tend to chase men away.. Some very myopic ones will even say a lady with a car is a threat to them...
I once read a thread that says " men hate very smart women" or something like that.. I was just smh..

Today, they want independent ladies, tomorrow they no want

Abeg, make una leave ladies alone o abi una wan make we pack commot for nairaland for una grin grin

11 Likes

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
A thread to bash women I guess... #just strolling by.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
LaRoyalHighness:
A thread to bash women I guess... #just strolling by.
Do u think rationally?

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
PresVA:
Nairaland men and women matter. . Odiegwu. . Make una leave women alone please. .

No woman is forcing you to spend on her and when it's time to marry, marry whoever you desire.. nawa o

On this same nairaland, some men will say they hate women who place career above their family. . A woman shouldn't do anything that will take her away from home because her home comes first...
Some will say they want their wives to be teachers or micro entrepreneurs, so that they would have ample time for the family

Again, on this same nairaland some will say independent/career ladies are so arrogant and tend to chase men away.. Some very myopic ones will even say a lady with a car is a threat to them...
I once read a thread that says " men hate very smart women" or something like that.. I was just smh..

Today, they want independent ladies, tomorrow they no want

Abeg, make una leave ladies alone o abi una wan make we pack commot for nairaland for una grin grin
It is my opinion; you have yours too cool
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Go ahead and insult women.. Don't worry about me.
Rapmoney:
Do u think rationally?

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
LaRoyalHighness:
Go ahead and insult women.. Don't worry about me.
Is this what you call insult? A post that admonishes young women to be hardworking? I believe you can reason better than that.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 5:05am On Mar 10, 2016
What our mothers keep making our young women to understand indirectly is that the Nigerian society is a 'patriarchal' one! Patriarchal my foot!!! So what's the meaning of feminism? It is this mentality that has broken so many relationships and will still continue in that line as far as it is still promoted!

Confused much?

Mtchew.

Pick a side already.
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2016
We all know where it will end. #following the thread.
Rapmoney:
Is this what you call insult? A post that admonishes young women to be hardworking? I believe you can reason better than that.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Kayoski(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2016
LaRoyalHighness:
We all know where it will end. #following the thread.
ur thinking is narrow and ur sight is short..

in short u have a myopic mind.. #wakeup

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2016
I think Nigerian mothers should do more in teaching their daughters entreprenural skills early enough in life. If Susan Aghogho Asakpa wasn't enterprising, I really wonder where her life would have been now, knowing fully well how difficult it is to secure a reasonable job in Nigeria. What our mothers keep making our young women to understand indirectly is that the Nigerian society is a 'patriarchal' one! Patriarchal my foot!!! So what's the meaning of feminism? It is this mentality that has broken so many relationships and will still continue in that line as far as it is still promoted!

Views are welcomed cool[/quote] this is the only place I have problem with your post ,its not the job of mother's alone to teach entrepreneurial skill,in upbringing of a child the both parent have to be involved, my dad taught me how to wash plate my mum taught me how to read etc.hope u understand my point?

5 Likes

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
AgbenuAnna:

Views are welcomed cool this is the only place I have problem with your post ,its not the job of mother's alone to teach entrepreneurial skill,in upbringing of a child the both parent have to be involved, my dad taught me how to wash plate my mum taught me how to read etc.hope u understand my point?
Sure, I do.
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kayoski:

Thanks my brother! I tried to make her understand!
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
Not again undecided
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
daretodiffer:
Not again undecided
Meaning what?
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
Rapmoney:
Meaning what?

Another meaningless post
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
I don already talk am. Na only you waka come? #any another fool that wish to insult his mother? Join the queue please.
Kayoski:

Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Kayoski(m): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
LaRoyalHighness:
I don already talk am. Na only you waka come? #any another fool that wish to insult his mother? Join the queue please.
Eeya , didn't know ur case was a terminal one.

It is well, take heart..
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Woah! No insult?
Kayoski:

Eeya , didn't know ur case was a terminal one.

It is well, take heart..
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Kayoski(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
LaRoyalHighness:
Woah! No insult?
insult kee? if I did insult u ,then its a technical one..
Re: The Story Of Susan Aghogho Asakpa: A Lesson To Young Nigerian Women by Rapmoney(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
daretodiffer:

Another meaningless post
Ok. Good for u!

(1) (Reply)

Health, Skin & Cooking Benefits Of Our Unrefined Ghana Coconut Oil / My Father Is Feeding A Leech!! / We Want To Adopt A Child As Soon As Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.