Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Please How Can I Delete .maintenance File From My Remote Host Directory? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please How Can I Delete .maintenance File From My Remote Host Directory? (369 Views)

Download This Free Internet Marketing Tools Before I Delete / Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / Please How Do I Delete Image Permanently On WP Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can I Delete .maintenance File From My Remote Host Directory? by Cejowisz: 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please how can I remove the .maintenance file from my remote directory because I can only see it from the browser.

It does not all me to view the site. the url is mediamall.ng

Re: Please How Can I Delete .maintenance File From My Remote Host Directory? by bassdow: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2016
I believe your website is on a WordPress platform. The . maintenance file is created during WordPress updates and is deleted after the update but sometimes, things could go wrong tand there would be failed updates.
To delete it, simply browse your WordPress installation using Cpanel file manager and delete the . maintenance file and all would go back to normal.

Also your directory shouldn't be browseable. that's not good.

Well if you need more assistance, get in touch with Me as am hardly on NairaLand thses days.

GoodLuck
Re: Please How Can I Delete .maintenance File From My Remote Host Directory? by bassdow: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2016
Another thing, from the screen shot you posted above, I don't even think the.problem is the . maintenance file as if it was the issue, you would see "Website Under Maintenance".
I really can't see your website files and folders. Please confirm that the necessary website files and folders are still there.

(1) (Reply)

Get The Coupon For Web Hosting / Blog Of The Week / Practical Ways To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.