Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Requirements Of A Godly Influence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Requirements Of A Godly Influence (474 Views)

A Godly Christian Lady Doesn't Wear High Heels - Evangelist Akande / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Requirements Of A Godly Influence by yommyuk: 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Multinational companies often spend billions to influence the public. Along with money, a lot of thought, energy, and strategy go into designing ad campaigns and public relations events that will capture people’s interest.

As believers, we’re involved in a much more important endeavour—that of capturing hearts with gospel truth through godly influence. If we are to have an impact on others, we need to present a consistent witness before them.

Having a strong conviction about God’s Word is the foundation of a godly influence; we must believe the Bible is true and practical in our daily lives. Daniel clearly did. Daniel and his friends refused the king’s food and wine. Why? Because Scripture told them not to eat anything offered to idols—a common practice of the time (Ex. 34:15). Daniel put not only himself and his friends but also the commander of the officials in danger of death over the issue of food! But he took such action because he knew the Father wanted him to obey Scripture, no matter the cost.

Following the Bible’s instructions is not usually a matter of life or death. But doing so can nevertheless place us in uncomfortable situations. If we are to have a godly influence, we must be committed to our convictions. A believer’s life is often the only example of scriptural principles other people will see. So, like Daniel, we must make up our mind to follow God, regardless of the circumstances. And like the people in Daniel’s sphere of influence, those you touch will see the work done for the Lord and glorify Him (Matt. 5:16).

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
Matthew 5:13
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.
Deuteronomy 6:6-7
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Psalm 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!
Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
James 1:19
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;
Psalm 25:21
May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you.
Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Student Who Criticized Radical Islam Hacked To Death On Street / Three Things Sin Will Always Do / The Substance Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.