Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,518 members, 7,770,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos (10217 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Setup A Profitable Computer Business Centre (steps) / Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos by WafiJoe(m): 9:19am On Jul 18, 2009
Hello fellow nairalanders, I have a “little” problem to discuss about, I just met a financier, and we are to do a business that I have always wanted for so long, but the problem is; I don’t really know how to set up the business is in Lagos. So I will want Nairalanders to help me and tell me how to go about it. It should be noted that when I say I don’t know how to go about it, I don’t mean I don’t know how to manage it, or how to make it lucrative, all those techniques I know, but what I don’t know is how to set it up in Lagos, so I will want Nairalanders to help me answer these few questions:

These question are based on setting up a computer business centre (I mean where computer works like type setting, graphics, scanning, photo copying, and maybe if possible some internet services like e-registrations, checking of online results, etc.)

1. Which is the best part of Lagos to set up a computer business centre?
2. What are the required bodies to register the company with, to avoid embarrassment?
3. What are the taxes to pay?
4. How much does it cost to get a shop (give me the prices of various areas Lagos and the minimum months to pay)

Note my expected daily sales should be up to  N15,000 or more ( I am not talking all about the profit and please tell me if I can get more).

Thank you.
Re: Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos by WafiJoe(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2009
I am waiting,
Re: Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos by WafiJoe(m): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2009
Ok, this is how we are going to do it; if cant answer all the four questions, just answer any of the four, like how much does it cost to rent a shop in Lagos?

Your answer is highly appreciated.
Re: Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos by Onyeara: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2009
wafijoe, I have same interest as you, do keep me posted of any relevancy information.As for shops, you get places like yaba for 12ok per annum. Planning to sight one near school with gradual upgrading to selling of computer accessories. Get back to me if you get any relevant info
Re: Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos by WafiJoe(m): 8:44am On Jul 24, 2009
Thank God at least i got a reply. Thanks for the info
Re: Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos by yamakuza: 2:09am On Nov 17, 2011
WafiJoe:

Hello fellow nairalanders, I have a “little” problem to discuss about, I just met a financier, and we are to do a business that I have always wanted for so long, but the problem is; I don’t really know how to set up the business is in Lagos. So I will want Nairalanders to help me and tell me how to go about it. It should be noted that when I say I don’t know how to go about it, I don’t mean I don’t know how to manage it, or how to make it lucrative, all those techniques I know, but what I don’t know is how to set it up in Lagos, so I will want Nairalanders to help me answer these few questions:

These question are based on setting up a computer business centre (I mean where computer works like type setting, graphics, scanning, photo copying, and maybe if possible some internet services like e-registrations, checking of online results, etc.)

1. Which is the best part of Lagos to set up a computer business centre?

Lagos Island, V/I, Ikeja

2. What are the required bodies to register the company with, to avoid embarrassment?

CAC
NCC

3. What are the taxes to pay?

Local Govt. Tax
LIRS
FIRS

4. How much does it cost to get a shop (give me the prices of various areas Lagos and the minimum months to pay)

Ikeja -
LI -
VI -

(From N120k/yr to N350k/yr) x 2yrs + 10% agency + 10% agreement = N264k to N840k

Note my expected daily sales should be up to  N15,000 or more ( I am not talking all about the profit and please tell me if I can get more).

Thank you.

keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos by LagBlogger(m): 4:20am On Nov 17, 2011
Best place to set up a business center is in an academic environment e.g university or polytechnic as for daily sales of N15,000 am not sure that is attainable except if you will combine photocopying, printing, graphic design and internet surfing services plus sell other stuff like stationery and accessories.

It is a highly competitive and challenging business

(1) (Reply)

How Future Proof Is Your Business? / Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know. / I Need An Urgent Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.