Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

Memoirs Of A Job Hunter - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Memoirs Of A Job Hunter (7823 Views)

Remmique Ft Hunter X Kris 808 Hustle Obsession / Farmer Or Hunter Which Would You Say You Are? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
Please Read Me

Sometimes when I go online, I see people create posts about how they have been unable to get a job for a year or two and they have become so tired of life to the point that they want to commit suicide. Then they start begging people to help them with even menial jobs or money to set up a kiosk so that they can ‘survive’. These are able bodied people who are graduates and have got skills.

What about me? Four years after school, I’ve got nothing concrete doing due to disadvantages that aren’t my fault. So why haven’t I gone online to beg strangers to give me job? How have I been surviving all the years? Why haven’t I committed suicide? I hope you’re getting my point now. I have gone four years without a stable means of income, yet some folks have barely gone a year and they get so freaked up to the point of running online to beg. That’s very sad and pathetic.

My purpose of writing this memoir is to encourage and give hope to the hopeless and jobless job hunting guys out there and other folks who have similar challenges I’m having too. This is not fiction. Everything here is 100% real. Somewhere along the line, I might sound somehow ‘hopeless’ but you should overlook that as it’s fairly normal when talking about tough situations one have gone through. The crux is… if I have endured all these without going bunkers, you too can pull through without breaking into pieces.

With due regards to Chapter 11… When James O. put the Facebook status about Scambassy's membership card, as someone who is always straightforward, I put up a short comment about my experience with the church. Becky later sent a P.M expressing shock that "such arangee miracles really exist". Then I felt an overwhelming desire to write something again. I promised her I'll write a memoir about it.

Initially, I didn't know where to start until I saw the two years old Keystone Bank thread on nairaland and began to recall my job hunting experiences. I thought about the GNLD guy and somehow compared him to Scambassy people. So I started typing. I felt very uneasy at first about typing out all these personal stuffs for the world to see but then I remembered Adam's being ashamed of himself before his creator... I mean, nothing hidden will remain hidden forever. We are all going to give account of how we lived our lives, everything we did and every thought we thought anyway. So I typed on and over time, the feeling of shame went away.

Many people think I'm weird. They don't understand why I came up with something, why I did this or didn't do that. Every time, I have to go an extra mile to make myself clear before people will understand. Sometimes I feel good to go the extra mile but some other time, I wonder if I'm from Jupiter, that's why folks can't understand simple things about me. So... I decided to put some of the facts here.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
These words you're reading here are not fiction.... It's my real experiences smiley

All Rights Reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, and recording otherwise without prior permission from the copyright owner.

Table of Contents
1. God Punish GNLD
2. About Me
3. Useless Interviews
4. To be Certified or Not be Certified
5. To Sponsor or Not To Sponsor
6. Never beg, Don’t Sell, Hustle for Your Money
7. Is There Really Money On The Net?
8. Come and Do ritual Money
9. Unreasonable Relations
10. Complicated, Simple stuffs
11. It’s not Christ Embassy, It’s Christ Scambassy
12. A Better Tomorrow

I may add more chapters if i get inspired to smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
smiley

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
God Punish GNLD

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Oga Jaybee3 ... i salute you sir
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by jaybee3(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
oweniwe:
Oga Jaybee3 ... i salute you sir

Choi see as you take catch me snooping

You a good writer bro...I was actually captivated by your story
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by amicable09(f): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
Am I permitted to drop a comment here?

OP! This is funny... I love your memoir, trust I'll be following up on your updates.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
jaybee3:

Choi see as you take catch me snooping

You a good writer bro...I was actually captivated by your story

Wetin man go do? ... As i dey now, nothing to do except... write...

So... All those guys who come online begging for job... den no dey try at all

At least, you can market yourself... make the world see what you can do... but to beg... its bad... to me though ... cos there are people who don't see anything wrong with begging
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
amicable09:
Am I permitted to drop a comment here?

OP! This is funny... I love your memoir, trust I'll be following up on your updates.

Why not? Comments make my head swell... smiley
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
About Me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
Useless Tests & Interviews
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
Useless Tests & Interviews

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
Rushing to hustle ...

Just got a call some ad hoc data entry work don land

See ya all in the evening

Don't forget to drop your comments.

cool cool
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by amicable09(f): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
oweniwe:

Why not? Comments make my head swell... smiley

Lol... In that case, get ready! And oh! at this point let me acknowledge your entries so far...

This is a beautifully scripted masterpiece!
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
Lol, OP...this is hilarious
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Udochee(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
oweniwe:
ride on bro..its only gnld guys that fix job interview/test on a public holiday.i get so interested in 'job hustle stories'...hopefully Baba GOD will answer our call.be rest assured the hustling continues even if its outside our fields of study.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
amicable09:

Lol... In that case, get ready! And oh! at this point let me acknowledge your entries so far...

This is a beautifully scripted masterpiece!

It's not fiction o.

It's real me.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by karleone(m): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
Thavybe:
Lol, OP...this is hilarious

Hilarious indeed, but inspiring.

OP, You've got good writing skills. Beautiful I must say.
The GNLD guy story got my ribs cracking. That guy really hypnotized you. I'm trying to imagine the confusion in your head when you saw GNLD HQ instead of ...........Test Centre Lekki or whatever the name is. Lol...

#Following thread

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by kingreign(m): 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
oweniwe:
kingreign oya come read story when you drop spanner later in the evening
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
karleone:

Hilarious indeed, but inspiring.

OP, You've got good writing skills. Beautiful I must say.
The GNLD guy story got my ribs cracking. That guy really hypnotized you. I'm trying to imagine the confusion in your head when you saw GNLD HQ instead of ...........Test Centre Lekki or whatever the name is. Lol...

#Following thread

Not confused per se... D guy was insisting my test center was across d expressway... Even though i knew he was wrong, i just decided to check out d place to see for myself.

Maybe curiosity got me tongue
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
smiley
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by karleone(m): 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
oweniwe:
The data entry hustle i went to check involves inputing names, class and gender of students into a server...

You can imagine the pay rate? N3 per name.... Which means one will hav to enter 1,000 names to make N3,000 sad

At first , i wanted to go... But later thought i dont have anything to do at home... So... Lemme play with my fingers. Whatever change comes in... Hmmm. smiley

But i can't stop wondering how on earth anyone will fix N3 unit wage... Some business owners can be very stingy

I really love doing stuffs dat deals with data entry. Wish I could get a volunteer/part time/full time job in that aspect.

Anticipating your update.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Moyarh(m): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
Choi. See how unemployment don turn youths to story tellers grin
Nice 1 OP. I think you'd make a good motivational speaker when you finally make-am cool
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
karleone:

I really love doing stuffs dat deals with data entry. Wish I could get a volunteer/part time/full time job in that aspect.

Anticipating your update.

Not yet home...

You cant make moni from data entry o... Cos d pay is mostly poor.

The highest I've seen is 40k in 2weeks by a very good guy...

And d gigs hardly last for long too.... At most a month and den u go bak home...

To keep body busy, its not bad sha... But if u want to earn top naira, look elsewhere
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
N3 per unit? That sole proprietor is very mean!!!
oweniwe:
The data entry hustle i went to check involves inputing names, class and gender of students into a server...
You can imagine the pay rate? N3 per name.... Which means one will hav to enter 1,000 names to make N3,000 sad
At first , i wanted to go... But later thought i dont have anything to do at home... So... Lemme play with my fingers. Whatever change comes in... Hmmm. smiley
But i can't stop wondering how on earth anyone will fix N3 unit wage... Some business owners can be very stingy
N3 per unit? That sole proprietor is very mean!!!
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
To Be Certified or Not Be Certified

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
smiley
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Moyarh(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
oweniwe:

Wrong sir.

Unemployment didn't turn me to story teller... Infact, i'm not "unemployed" as in "jobless" if that is what you think undecided

For your info, I started writing in 2007 ... i was in SS 2 then smiley wink

This is not a story... Please check the first post of the thread for the purpose of this memoir. smiley

Thank you cool

Lol. Bro, pardon me. My comment wasnt meant to be derogatory in anyway. I read it well, and i know its real, its your experience, its your "story" and i like the way you're telling it. Thats why i said i think you'd make a good motivational speaker. As for the unemployment part, i said tht cos obviously, d experience is from when you were job hunting.
Long and short is, i meant unemployment has given youths alota funny experiences tht we all can tell as stories... real stories, not fiction.

So still, welldone smiley

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
Sir Moyarh:

Na naija we dey o...

Things no easy at all

Check the front page and see news of ppl whose lives got cut short in horrible ways...

Even if one is unemployed, as far as person dey alive and healthy .... Ah , make e thank God.

The motivational speaker aspect.... I only talk when im very prepared... Otherwise, it'll be like I'm speaking hindi grin

So... Why do you think i decided to stop applying for corporate jobs?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Moyarh(m): 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
oweniwe:
Sir Moyarh:

Na naija we dey o...

Things no easy at all

Check the front page and see news of ppl whose lives got cut short in horrible ways...

Even if one is unemployed, as far as person dey alive and healthy .... Ah , make e thank God.

The motivational speaker aspect.... I only talk when im very prepared... Otherwise, it'll be like I'm speaking hindi grin

So... Why do you think i decided to stop applying for corporate jobs?
Truee. We must always always be thankful.

About the job thing, well several possible reasons.
You spent alota time reading so you know alot about alot, and would likely have found something that interested you that you felt if you invested your time in (instead of chasing jobs) you'd do well at it. . .

Or

You mentioned you've been writing since 07, which means you have interest there and you've developed it as a strength, so you decided to develop it further and turn it to something fruitful...

Or

You decided to just re strategise and map out something different to invest yourself in...

Or

You can just tell me/us the real reason (s) grin
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2016
Moyarh:

You decided to just re strategise and map out something different to invest yourself in... grin

Thats it...

Writing.... To make moni from it in naija no easy

.... Will explain later

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by An0nimus: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2016
Keke abeg stop me here. Be like say na the place be this...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Work With A Difficult Boss / Have You Fired Anyone? How Do You Feel Afterwards? I Did & I Don't Feel Anythng / 10 Reasons Your Boss Wants You Out Of The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.