Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Memoirs Of A Job Hunter - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Memoirs Of A Job Hunter (7864 Views)

Remmique Ft Hunter X Kris 808 Hustle Obsession / Farmer Or Hunter Which Would You Say You Are? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 7:42am On Mar 24, 2016
mortee:

Permit me to disagree with you especially on the manuscript getting stolen issue. Except you do not give your manuscript to a professional editor/proofreader, there is no way your manuscript can be stolen from you. If you approach any editor with your manuscript, you are free to ask for reference from writers the editor has worked for before. Getting a verifiable address is another and perhaps signing a non-disclosure agreement.

In this naija?

Please be realistic sir...

A brother traveling gave his car to a senior church member to use while he was away.

When he came back after 7 months, the church member refused to return the car. He said the car had engine and gear problems which he spent a lot of money to fix.

The church member said bro should pay him N150k cost of engine and gear repair before he would release the car....

It escalated to police matter... Being a senior church member, the church guy had the police behind him.

That was how bros lost his car, a 96 honda accord.

If a book is good, editors will know its value... If the editor rushes to the printer and prints my manuscript as his/her own...they will most likely do that secretly.... But if i get to know, ... What can i do?

Don't tell me to go police or hire lawyer pls... I dont have d moni or time... If this happens, what can i do?

For your reference..... https://www.nairaland.com/2986660/felicia-chidi-commercial-vehicle-driver

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Teespice(f): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2016
I am impressed by your doggedness.
jaybee3, na your post bring me to this end.
let me continue reading. I am already following the thread.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by Gwan2(m): 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
U gat gud writin skill...Hop it is accompanied with a gud command of English-language. ..coz I guess havin both wil giv u a bttr brand or selling point (that's a personal opinion anyway)
someone asked a question on wat u will do if u were given a million naira, though it seems misplaced but is very on point especially to unemployed graduates. Thank goodness u got som biz plan worth investin on.
Buh aside d fund raisin stuff, saving to invest or wat u term begging , hav u considered appliyin for any business grant? e.g Tony elumelu biz grant, d ongoing bank of industry biz grant etc. They are all over cyberspace. ,.anyway mayb u gat som reservations abt such..lemme hear frm u...
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
10. Unreasonable Relatives

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
Gwan2:
U gat gud writin skill...Hop it is accompanied with a gud command of English-language. ..coz I guess havin both wil giv u a bttr brand or selling point (that's a personal opinion anyway)
someone asked a question on wat u will do if u were given a million naira, though it seems misplaced but is very on point especially to unemployed graduates. Thank goodness u got som biz plan worth investin on.
Buh aside d fund raisin stuff, saving to invest or wat u term begging , hav u considered appliyin for any business grant? e.g Tony elumelu biz grant, d ongoing bank of industry biz grant etc. They are all over cyberspace. ,.anyway mayb u gat som reservations abt such..lemme hear frm u...

These are what i call... "complicated simple stuffs"... outside, they seem to be simple... but inside... its like trying to get oil company community job... lots of politricks is involved...

Forgive my asking, and you're free not to answer, but you've said you'll do a lot of things if you had money. If by some miracle you get N10 million naira today what will you do with it? Music? Masters? Perfect the school result collation system? invest in your other business ideas?. Just curious.

in my earlier reply, i said i'll get a car, finish up our uncompleted house in lagos mainland and convert it into a advanced computer training school (before going into schools results processing), a multimedia entertainment company on the side (contents generated by me) and mobile pond based catfish farm in my back yard. smiley

I edited my reply to the N10m question cos i don't even think i need up to N10m to start running... With 500k, i'm good to go.

500k might seem small to some people... but as my income is... ERRATIC... it's very hard to save.... if i hustle today and get paid 40k after 2 or 3 weeks, i don't know where the next income will come from... that's my biggest challenge right now.

Those grant stuffs... When the first youwin was launched, i was serving at the time... the second youwin was for women only... i applied for the third one but GEJ lost the election...

Tony Elumelu grant... At that time, i had just presented the result management portal to General... He said if he's through with his building projects, he'll call me... General is PDP leader o... got direct access to okowa... So at the time, i didn't see any need to apply for Tony Elumelu's grant.

However, as i said in d concluding part of "come and do ritual money", General doesn't use his position to do wayo/hook or crook/bulldozor his way through things... So what is supposed to be a simple straight forward process, you will encounter lots of bureaucracy... A decision he's supposed to make will be put on hold cos some other people hold contrary views... that way, something you suppose to get done within a month will hang till infinity... that's also part of the reason why i stopped going to his office.

I thought the BOI grant is just APC stunt news nau... Will check it out though... Thanks for mentioning it....

International grants... except i wan do yahoo plus... na waste of data... by the time you google and search through so many sites, person go tire... talking from experience.

Below is the screenshot of the result system homepage on mobile before it was taken down

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nothing in Nigeria seems to be working right at the moment.

Fed civil Service site is in very annoying, Npower can't login, BOI YES keeps going round in circles...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by An0nimus: 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
If I could like this your last post more than once, I'll gladly do it. Are you from Delta state? the description of the people rings familiar.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ehwo... Delta... yes...!!.. grin
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by SirDavico(m): 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
oweniwe:
Ehwo... Delta... yes...!!.. grin

Dèélé? I sent u a pm. No response. Nbu nwa Amai cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
SirDavico:

Dèélé? I sent u a pm. No response. Nbu nwa Amai cheesy cheesy cheesy

Amai?? Wow... Ajeh sir.

I've replied your p.m...

I Rep .. Ezionum...!!..

U must b shocked...
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by SirDavico(m): 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
oweniwe:

Amai?? Wow... Ajeh sir.

I've replied your p.m...

I Rep .. Ezionum...!!..

U must b shocked...

Ezionum....Well....I'm surprised, not shocked. Forget about the scuffle, bro. We're still one.
I rep. UMUOSELE. #Aje!
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by mortee: 1:25am On Apr 01, 2016
oweniwe:

In this naija?

Please be realistic sir...

A brother traveling gave his car to a senior church member to use while he was away.

When he came back after 7 months, the church member refused to return the car. He said the car had engine and gear problems which he spent a lot of money to fix.

The church member said bro should pay him N150k cost of engine and gear repair before he would release the car....

It escalated to police matter... Being a senior church member, the church guy had the police behind him.

That was how bros lost his car, a 96 honda accord.

If a book is good, editors will know its value... If the editor rushes to the printer and prints my manuscript as his/her own...they will most likely do that secretly.... But if i get to know, ... What can i do?

Don't tell me to go police or hire lawyer pls... I dont have d moni or time... If this happens, what can i do?

For your reference..... https://www.nairaland.com/2986660/felicia-chidi-commercial-vehicle-driver

Hire a professional editor. Ask for references from people the editor has worked for. I agree there are some so-called editors who are guilty of your claims, nevertheless, writers still give editors their manuscripts everyday.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 12:24am On May 10, 2016
11. Complicated Simple Stuffs

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by amicable09(f): 3:26pm On May 10, 2016
Mmmh, my friend, uhm... you'll need practical financial discipline, not the theories taught in school or anywhere else, the one you'll 'discover' by yourself through constant practice.

This last update is filled with too many things I find questionable but who am I to question you? *smiles*. I will just say if you want to be a business mogul since you've erased the picture of being employed, then pursue your new goal with everything at your disposal.

I believe if you want sth badly, you'll go to any length even if it means talking to people you ordinarily would not have talked to.

And then religion in itself is not bad. Choose one and hold tight to it. I'm of the opinion that if someone believes a tree can save him, then that tree truly will save him. Get a 'God' and don't rule out the fact that there is the unseen controlling the 'seen'.

I'm wishing you well.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2016
@ amicable09

It's hard for People to understand why I seem "indifferent " to religion ... I believe in God o... But I'm not fanatical about my belief. smiley

You see... Success has many friends... If you "have money ", they (church, banks etc) will court and respect you... Because of crumbs they will get from u.

But if you are struggling to aspire, instead of supporting you, most of them will try to use your condition to exploit you....

If ppl invite me to dia church 4 example, I don't go in 80% of d time cos I know the pastors will want to exploit my hearing loss and turn me to "healing specimen" grin

Once butten, twice shy. You won' t understand until u read d chapter on christ embassy ....

You're right... I don't see myself as an employee.... Even if I get a job now, its a matter of time b4 I save up needed capital and move on... The reason for that is because .... I'm an " improvising" kind of person ... In d data entry work I did... Wen d server became slow, ... Others struck to one browser window... But me, I used 6 browser windows rigged with 5 tabs each total 30 tabs...!!..

Before you say jack, people started complaining dat I'm eating all d work... Why should I wait for a minute for d server to record an entry wen I can simply roll to another tab? ... Things like dat often results in jealousy and back biting against me in d workplace ... You recall in d "To sponsor or not to sponsor" chapter when General ' s manager deliberately didn't submit a document meant for his boss...

If I see job, I will take it... But wen ppl start complaining dat I'm out-running dem... I know what's up....

congrats on ur catch o... But I was surprised say u skip FIRS cos of looking good... D boss won't b there Forever ... Few yrs dey ll post him away and u can start looking anyhow u wish... Lol ... Cheers cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by amicable09(f): 6:28am On May 11, 2016
oweniwe:
@ amicable09

It's hard for People to understand why I seem "indifferent " to religion ... I believe in God o... But I'm not fanatical about my belief. smiley

You see... Success has many friends... If you "have money ", they (church, banks etc) will court and respect you... Because of crumbs they will get from u.

But if you are struggling to aspire, instead of supporting you, most of them will try to use your condition to exploit you....

If ppl invite me to dia church 4 example, I don't go in 80% of d time cos I know the pastors will want to exploit my hearing loss and turn me to "healing specimen" grin

Once butten, twice shy. You won' t understand until u read d chapter on christ embassy ....

You're right... I don't see myself as an employee.... Even if I get a job now, its a matter of time b4 I save up needed capital and move on... The reason for that is because .... I'm an " improvising" kind of person ... In d data entry work I did... Wen d server became slow, ... Others struck to one browser window... But me, I used 6 browser windows rigged with 5 tabs each total 30 tabs...!!..

Before you say jack, people started complaining dat I'm eating all d work... Why should I wait for a minute for d server to record an entry wen I can simply roll to another tab? ... Things like dat often results in jealousy and back biting against me in d workplace ... You recall in d "To sponsor or not to sponsor" chapter when General ' s manager deliberately didn't submit a document meant for his boss...

If I see job, I will take it... But wen ppl start complaining dat I'm out-running dem... I know what's up....

congrats on ur catch o... But I was surprised say u skip FIRS cos of looking good... D boss won't b there Forever ... Few yrs dey ll post him away and u can start looking anyhow u wish... Lol ... Cheers cheesy grin
Lol @ healing specimen.
Sincerely now you've spoken well. The last chapter looked more like a hopeless condition you've chosen for yourself but I'm glad it isn't it. Great people don't get things from life without placing a demand on what they want and forcefully taking it out from life. And you know you are one great person so fight hard.

Thanks by the way but the job wasn't in FIRS rather his friend's private company. I love this coy in Lag so much, it's the perfect place for me at this time, I must confess. They are indeed patient with me and the environment is conducive for acquiring requisite skills needed for the future.

I wish you well too. Your memoir will end beautifully.
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by sucobaba(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2016
@ oweniwe

Totally enjoyed your update and I can personally relate to some especially that multi-tab browser part lol. Bad belle go just start as if say their hands/brain no dey boot .
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 9:37am On May 11, 2016
amicable09:

Lol @ healing specimen.
Sincerely now you've spoken well. The last chapter looked more like a hopeless condition you've chosen for yourself....

I wish you well too. Your memoir will end beautifully.

thanks very much for the feedback ... the hopeless tin actually contradicts d basic objectives of the memoir which is to encourage others so... Courtesy of you, I'll review the chapter ...

I never give up o.... I hop to release 5 new ebooks rapidly in d next few months ... So... I'm far from giving up...

I sent the memoir's back for retouch... D person doing it ... Same person dat did dis one ... Is saying there's no lite in his area to work with Hence the delay

I'm not a quitter... I never give up... wink

1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 9:41am On May 11, 2016
sucobaba

grin grin

I hate protocols tying me down...
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by sucobaba(m): 10:21am On May 11, 2016
oweniwe:
sucobaba
grin grin
I hate protocols tying me down...
Absolutely tongue tongue
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2016
Wow... I still get some likes from here. shocked
Re: Memoirs Of A Job Hunter by oweniwe(m): 1:27am On Jun 06, 2017
Oga AntiRiot, please come o.

I no know wetin put ur name for my mind sef...

I brushed it off at first.... But then, something tell me say I have nothing to lose if I ask you.

I'm in need of funds to balance my savings to grab a car on distress sale. All I need is 70k to make up with what I have.

I've been racking my head on how to earn the money by next week but the things I tried (writing for listverse) are long term... Might take a month to get approval and the article could be rejected.

So I thought... Is there any remote work I can do for you to earn some change to add up my savings? I'm not expecting you to shell out 70k just like that o. Any small job I can do to earn extra change .... I don't mind.

Whatever you say, I'm good.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

516 Police Personnel, Others Participate In Fitness Exercise In Enugu / Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? / Did You Eventually Fulfill Your Future Ambition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.