Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) (1513 Views)

See What My Girl Friend Served Me For Lunch - Photos / Check Out The Food I Just Prepared For The Week (A Nairaland Bachelor) / How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
I love cooking. I remember when I was little when they were asking children what they wanted to be; Tunde said doctor, Evelyn said Accountant, me I stood up proudly and said I wanted to be a cook.

My mom promptly slapped that destiny away from my life. Now I'm studying books similar to tunde's.

But I've never lost my love for cooking. Recently I took my babe over to sizzlers for a quick lunch. We bought one kind rice I think it was called Jamaican fried rice. Paid one kind amount like that for it. I was like:
Shuo. For rice? This thing I can make at home?

My girl was like :
Chill out baby. Let's eat.

Am like eating and grumbling:
Ees not even sweet sef...

My girl was like hmmmm and quipped:
Oya make your own na let's see!

So I took up the challenge.

I have never made fried rice in my life talkless of Jamaican or is it Brazilian but I snapped the pic of the food and went home determined to defend my cooking honour. I studied the picture and went to the market to get a few things I could see 'floating' around in the sizzlers rice. Came back and started to cook.

The last pic is the result of my endeavours. What do you think, did I win the challenge? angry

1 Share

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by JustOzito(f): 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
wey pics
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pic 1. The sizzlers Jamaican fried rice.

Pic 2. My ingredients.
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pic 3. Ingredients chopped up.

Pic 4. Cooking things.

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
Now!! Someone is salivating. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
I boiled the rice separately in chicken broth and curry, then added it to my vegetables.

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by prettyjo(f): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
salivating
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
Final product!

But forgot to add one vital ingredient shocked can u guess what it is?

I corrected myself with the second batch and added it.

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
So who won? Me or sizzlers angry sad grin
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by desire222(f): 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
G
5minsmadness:
So who won? Me or sizzlers angry sad grin
Great job, you u win. I hope u no add Jamaican weed to it ?? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by obowunmi(m): 1:17am On Mar 11, 2016
Oooo boy your stove is dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 9:32am On Mar 11, 2016
obowunmi:
Oooo boy your stove is dirty.
Snap your own make i see. No clean am oh tongue
What do you think of the dish?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 9:32am On Mar 11, 2016
desire222:
G Great job, you u win. I hope u no add Jamaican weed to it ?? tongue
Look very well. See that thing that looks like leaves grin
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by obowunmi(m): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2016
5minsmadness:

Snap your own make i see. No clean am oh tongue
What do you think of the dish?

Looks yummy my love... kiss kiss kiss

Is this how you'll be cooking my meals?
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by 5minsmadness: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2016
obowunmi:

Looks yummy my love... kiss kiss kiss

Is this how you'll be cooking my meals?

Guy abeg am a man biko biko biko grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by Barbarthundey(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mehn... I love this

When I see females in my area going around to buy food, I just keep wondering what the problem might be when a guy like myself can go through all the stress of cooking
#ilovehomemade

1 Like

Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by Chidoks(f): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
No be small thing o!
Next time choose a burner with stainless steel top. That ernamel abi na iron rusts like mad! You see you can only make concussions tongue
The ministry remains ours!!!
Well done!
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by purplelips(f): 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lol... just had to comment. It's looks really appetizing. Nice one. Btw, what did your babe say?
Re: Bachelor's Lunch: The Sizzlers Challenge! (pics) by tpiar: 3:46am On Mar 12, 2016
do you mean Chinese fried rice?

never heard of a Jamaican version.

(1) (Reply)

World Food Day: A Nairalander Prepares A Nigeria Jollof Rice / Cooking Lessons / Beware Of Suya Eatiing As Boko Haram Plans To Poison Suya To Kill The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.