Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot (19190 Views)

Lg G3 Stylus / Samsung Galaxy Tab A With Stylus For Sale / See The Beauty Of Nature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 8:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
Today I was at my study table, and there were some carrots closeby (don't ask me how they got there...)
With the way they were looking, I decided to take one in my hand and it felt comfortable like a pen, my phone was in the other hand and in unwitting fashion, I tried using the carrot as a stylus and BAM! It worked flawlessly.
So I logged on the Internet to find out what was going on, and I'll like to share some interesting things I learnt in the process.

First, we must know that there are two major categories of touchscreen displays: the RESISTIVE touchscreen display and the CAPACITIVE touchscreen display. Most phones in the world make use of the latter category.
A capacitive touchscreen panel consists of some layers, two of which are of importance to this article. It consists of a Conductive layer which stores electric charges uniformly across the panel and on top of that, we have an insulated layer (like glass) which does not allow the free flow of electricity.
What happens when we touch the screen is that we've created a distortion in the electric field of the screen, and so, instead of the electric charges in the capacitive layer to keep flowing in uniformity, they begin to flow towards the point were we placed our touch. So that if we slide our fingers across the screen, the electrons in that path would move along in attraction to the finger. All these processes are being monitored by a processor which can read and record the point[s] were the distortions were created.
(Here's a YouTube video that'll explain the whole touchscreen process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzLoWDkBKXk )

How all these grammar take concern Carrot?

LOL... Our body is able to control the touchscreen because it is a conductor of electric charges.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-bzLYSeMGSw0/VuHApvGfyxI/AAAAAAAABOc/avsYLHRWGyM/s1600/u8l1d3.gif[/img]

And apart from the fact that carrots are the most nutritional/healthy food known to man, they can also conduct electricity too. . This is due to the presence of Potassium in the vegetable. - The element Potassium is a metal, and metals are good conductors of electricity due to their valency.
You don't believe me? go ahead and try it out! Nature's Stylus!

Blogged@ http://edscienceblog..com/2016/03/nature-stylus-carrot.html

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
Follow the blog link to see the video I uploaded.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
cry cry
RobinHez:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 help me get this to the Frontpage. Thanks smiley
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
Oh my God . . .

This is actually very brilliant. Discoveries like this are usually made by really advanced professors in foreign universities.

cc Dekatron, SirWere, Johnydon22

I do believe we have a Becquerel in development here..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by bqlekan(m): 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
Wow wow wow. No need buying stylus for this useless phone again. Lemme go get carrot, and I hope abokis won't increase the price after this your discovery,

Op, I hope this makes fp, maybe you should change the thread topic to ' A nairalander discovers another use for carrot'

5 Likes

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 12:10am On Mar 12, 2016
bqlekan:
Wow wow wow. No need buying stylus for this useless phone again. Lemme go get carrot, and I hope abokis won't increase the price after this your discovery,

Lol.. Using a carrot should be like a last resort tho.... Don't ask me why. lipsrsealed
OK I'll say why.... It might make u look stupid! grin

Op, I hope this makes fp, maybe you should change the thread topic to ' A nairalander discovers another use for carrot'
I also wish it did. I hoped that Nairaland would be the best place to talk on what I discovered, but sadly, Lalasticlala doesn't want to even view the thread. cry

2 Likes

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 12:11am On Mar 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
Oh my God . . .

This is actually very brilliant. Discoveries like this are usually made by really advanced professors in foreign universities.

I do believe we have a Becquerel in development here..
Lol, see wash. cheesy

There's nothing advanced about it o.

2 Likes

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 10:13am On Mar 12, 2016
@Seun
Pls help me move this to front-page cry
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
This is blatant Ingenuity, guys. bring this thread to frontpage nah. isn't it worth it?

lalasticlala . . . come on, man. This needs a wider attention.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by sinkhole: 7:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
I actually used carrot to type this reply grin seriously, it works fine if d carrot is fresh

2 Likes

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
Whoaaa...... Nice one there. I am using it right now as I type.

It's all this little idiosyncracies that merges nature with advancement. Would Newton have ever thought of this during his time.?
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
sinkhole:
I actually used carrot to type this reply grin seriously, it works fine if d carrot is fresh
See? grin
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
SirWere:
Whoaaa...... Nice one there. I am using it right now as I type.

Cc lalasticlala

It's all this little idiosyncracies that merges nature with advancement. Would Newton have ever thought of this during his time.?

He had other things to worry about tongue

1 Like

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
This is blatant Ingenuity, guys. bring this thread to frontpage nah. isn't it worth it?

lalasticlala . . . come on, man. This needs a wider attention.
I'm tired of tagging the mods. cry
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
RobinHez:

I'm tired of tagging the mods. cry
you know what . . . forget that. here's what I want to ask. does it work with laptop touchscreens?

I'm going somewhere with this.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
you know what . . . forget that. here's what I want to ask. does it work with laptop touchscreens?

I'm going somewhere with this.

Inductively: it should.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by famo19: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
HMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by klassykute(m): 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
am sorry i ate my carrot

3 Likes

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Benfaco: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
With the way things are going hope the price of carrot won't inflate in the market?

Hope we won't start hearing stories like "scarcity of carrot".

Lalasticlala pls undo the needful.

Nice discovery though. Let me go and grab my own <del> stylus </del> carrot grin

1 Like

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by obaival(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Swipe left or right to delete
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by canalily(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
So you have nt seen the male and female carrot b4undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by ndcide(m): 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
What is happening here. Simone break it down for me. Is it that we should be using carrots to operate our phones?
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
RobinHez:

Inductively: it should.
hmmn, I have a window app here which converts handwriting to text. I've not been able to use it for obvious reasons. maybe a carrot might help?

if it does, that would certainly have interesting applications for our carrots worldwide. grin
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
Finally!

Yall don't forget to view the blog for other interesting posts! Nigerians first Science blog. EDSCIENCE BLOG

1 Like

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
hmmn, I have a window app here which converts handwriting to text. I've not been able to use it for obvious reasons. maybe a carrot might help?

if it does, that would certainly have interesting applications for our carrots worldwide. grin

Well... Just don't let some naïve folks see u using a carrot on a laptop screen, unless U're prepared to give a full speech on what would be meaningless to them
grin
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Daraph(m): 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Informative!..... This is type of post that should make front-page.
NOT
New Olajumoke found in Sambisa Tiwa Savage breast-feed her kid Davido in the toilet

Shalla to #RemarkJAMB2016 candidates anyway

1 Like

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by wellmax(m): 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
Cool.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
ndcide:
What is happening here. Simone break it down for me. Is it that we should be using carrots to operate our phones?
Nah, man. grin grin grin

It was recently discovered here that carrots have the same ability that fingers do, when it comes to touchscreens. This is a very interesting concept in science. when you find something that seems to be unrelated to another thing, and you find a relationship between them. as carrots have been found to fool touchscreens, we can investigate the behaviour of all vegetables in general and in short, study them and their effects on capacitive touchscreens.

possible applications of this would be a small handheld machine that measures the amount of minerals food have, or more cheaper styluses, and more.

even if there are no immediate applications, discoveries like this gives many scientists orgasms. grin

RobinHez:

Well... Just don't let some naïve folks see u using a carrot on a laptop screen, unless U're prepared to give a full speech on what would be meaningless to them
grin
hehehe.
I'd do it in secret then. cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Page 0 since? undecided

Anyways... At least it made fp. cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Giant Snake (55ft): Biggest Snake In The World / How To Fix PHED Prepaid Meter ‘rejected’ Error / Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.