Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law (36142 Views)

First Wife Kills Husband In Adamawa During Fight With Second Wife (Graphic Pics) / Man Almost Lost His Eye After Being Beaten By SARS Operatives In Lagos (Graphic) / Young Girl Loses Eye & Breasts After Married Woman Bathes Her With Acid (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Blackberrybabes: 6:24am On Mar 11, 2016
A 52-year-old housewife, Olasunkanmi Lawal, has lost the use of one of her eyes after a scuffle with her mother-in-law, Aduke Awakan.

The mother of two was also said to have been attacked by her sisters-in-law, Bose Showole (39) and Oduntan Enitan (24), at their family house on Isale-Agbede Street, on the Lagos Island area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the case was reported at the Adeniji Adele Police Station, leading to the arrest of the suspects.

The victim explained that she was attacked because she stopped giving money to the septuagenarian.

She said, “My husband and I live in the family house and we have been there since 1989. We have two children.

“However, my mother-in-law started keeping malice with me after I stopped giving her money. I lost my jewellery business due to the demolition of my shop in 2014 and because of that; I could no longer support her.

“On Saturday, January 16, around 4pm, I returned from work and I met her at home. When I greeted her, she shunned me. I was surprised because I never had any disagreement with her.

“Before I knew it, one of her children, Bose (Showole), punched me in the left eye. I fought back. Her grandchild, Enitan, used stone to hit me in the same eye, while the woman herself hit me with a chair. Blood started coming out from the eye.”

She said she reported the assault at the Adeniji Adele Police Station and from there, she was referred to the Lagos Island General Hospital, where the doctors told her she had lost the use of her left eye.

A medical report from the hospital, signed by one J.O. Owuye, said the victim was diagnosed with, “left periorbital swelling, abrusion at anterior chest wall.”

It was learnt that the police arrested the 79-year-old, but later released her on bail after the two other suspects, Showole and Enitan, were produced by the family.

Lawal, however, accused the Investigating Police Officer, Ajekigbe Sarah, of siding with the suspects against her.

She alleged that the IPO deliberately prevented her from completing her statement at the station.

“She stopped me midway and said I should go to the hospital for treatment.

“But when I returned to finish writing the statement, she said it was no longer necessary. Even the DPO queried her for the action,” she added.

Her father, Alhaji Ahmed Oshodi, called for justice.

But the septuagenarian suspect, Awakan, denied the allegations.

In her statement to the police she said, “It was about 4pm. I was at home when Alhaja (Lawal) came in and greeted me and I told her not to greet me again.

“Alhaja is the wife of my son. I asked her not to greet me because the previous day, she abused me indirectly and I decided not to reply her greetings again.

“So, when she came in and greeted me, I shunned her, but one of my daughters intervened.”

She said Lawal and her daughter had an argument which degenerated into a fight.

“I don’t know how she got injured in the eye,” she added.

Showole, in her defence, said she intervened because Lawal, who was her brother’s wife, was “abusing my mother and pointing a finger at her”.

“I pushed her hand and she slapped me on the face.

“Then we started fighting. She held my clothes and I did the same. I don’t know what happened to her eye,” she said.

Enitan denied involvement in the fight.

She said the fight was between Lawal and Showole.

The police, however, arraigned the trio before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court on three counts of assault occasioning harm.

The charges read in part, “That you, Aduke Awakan, Bose Shobowale and Oduntan Eniola, on January 16, 2016, did unlawfully assault one Olasunkanmi Lawal, by giving her fist blows and injuring her with a crate of eggs and stone that led to injury in her left eye.”

The police prosecutor, I. Okeke, said the offence was punishable under sections 409, 171 and 170 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges and elected summary trial.

The Magistrate, Mr. A.A. Adefulire, admitted them to bail in the sum of N20,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The case was adjourned till March 24, 2016.

http://www.punchng.com/housewife-loses-eye-after-scuffle-with-79-year-old-mother-in-law/

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by pyyxxaro: 6:26am On Mar 11, 2016
Op

You for put graphic photo nau

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by SenJoe(m): 6:28am On Mar 11, 2016
Awwwwwww

Was the mother in-law a retired wrestler?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Mrfahaz(m): 6:29am On Mar 11, 2016
i
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by delishpot: 6:30am On Mar 11, 2016
See wahala. Marriage sef na curse some times. When two enemies are united through marriage just as Nigeria is.

The malice don dey boil tey tey no be today.

News carriers be twisting stories like Kilode. She fought with 3 people not only a 79 year old Mama. I'll nshirt na 3 people beat her. I will not call that fight but beating.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Pineapp: 6:32am On Mar 11, 2016
If I were a police officer,that old woman would die by Standing in the cell. angry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 11, 2016
In yoruba Language the old-mother-in-law naa. Old-Witch
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Blame ur husband... staying in family house since 1989?? What happened to you an your husband renting a modest room and parlour at least...

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by luciouscookie: 6:51am On Mar 11, 2016
tobimillar:
Blame ur husband... staying in family house since 1989?? What happened to you an your husband renting a modest room and parlour at least...
Exactly my thought.

The woman eyebrows no be here oooooo grin

8 Likes

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by justmenoni: 6:59am On Mar 11, 2016
Exactly my thought... Lagos Island people no dey gree relocate.... I keep on telling some couples that if they've the chance they shouldn't live with any family members.

quote author=tobimillar post=43665843]Blame ur husband... staying in family house since 1989?? What happened to you an your husband renting a modest room and parlour at least... [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Ayoemrys(m): 7:17am On Mar 11, 2016
her husband did not remember to tell her that his mother is a formal heavyweight championship,what a pity,madam dnt try it next time otherwise R I P

3 Likes

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by jamex93(m): 9:40am On Mar 11, 2016
Chai

U go dwy fight with grand ma wey dey farm

Sorry for u

Thank God 1 eyes remain
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 11, 2016
uuhhh so who will the husband support now. embarassed His wife or mother

1 Like

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by henrydadon(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2016
marriage is not by force..marriage is an over hype institution ...not every body is a marriage material
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by youngwarlocks: 9:41am On Mar 11, 2016
Lessons learnt from this story.....

1. As a single lady before getting married, One should understand her in-laws very well!
2. When one gets married to her husband, One should encourage him to work hard and move out from the family house. Cos when you are in your husband family's house you should expect anything from them all!

Well for now all I have to say is sorry Madam.....and get well soon

#lessonlearnt -

pweetychyka

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by dangote7510(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2016
it's pitiable dismal pisma; it is regrettably lugubrious.

1 Like

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by kennyman2000(m): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Thats what i always tell people. Whatever assistance u think u might not continue in future. Dont even start rendering it. Let them call u stingy. Its ur money!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

8 Likes

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by MadCow1: 9:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Wickid
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by adorablepepple(f): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Iya Aje. Warning don't fight with a witch next time or better still don't fight.
THE QUESTION I WOULD LIKE TO ASK THIS WOMAN IS THAT, WHY IS SHE STILL STAYING IN THE FAMILY HOUSE . THAT'S WHERE HOUSEHOLD ENEMIES STAY.

1 Like

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Bad
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by winkmart: 9:42am On Mar 11, 2016
[size=15pt]IYA AGBA OF LIFE[/size]
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Lilimax(f): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2016
She said, “My husband and I live in the family house and we have been there since 1989. We have two children.

This is one disadvantage of living in a family house.
A responsible man must be ready to detach from his family and cleave to his wife for you to have a happy home.

I dislike it seeing a married man with his wife and kids still living with his parent embarassed
It doesn't add up to me cos you may be sitting on a time bomb ...

6 Likes

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by awesomesossy(f): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2016
When ur mother in law is a retired boxer grin cheesy
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Kangol99(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2016
Wickedness!!!
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by donziller(m): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2016
Na wa ooo,

1 Like

Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by BE811APP: 9:45am On Mar 11, 2016
No one including women understand the beef between daughter in law and mother in law...

Imagine.. even in der old age.. beef still dey..

We men, we just dey look una.. we dont beef ourselves unnecessarily!!!
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Charlieyoung(m): 9:46am On Mar 11, 2016
To be frank why would a mother in law behave this akwardly
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by idris4r83(m): 9:47am On Mar 11, 2016
End time Mother-in-law
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by glossy6(f): 9:48am On Mar 11, 2016
What a pity!
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 11, 2016
Tell me o. Must couples live in family house?! Living with extended family should only be temporary if necessary at all. They hv been living there since 1989?! U will even lose all the respect they ever had for you and hubby
Re: Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law by danidee10(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2016
Picture of the 79 years old (25 years old active wrestler) or adonbilivit grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elderly Women Doing Bricklaying Job In Abuja (Photo) / Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) / Robbers That Specialize In Stealing Cars In Lagos Traffic Arrested (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.