Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

#day1 : The Times Of Buhari By T.I.A - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #day1 : The Times Of Buhari By T.I.A (361 Views)

C T I Finishing / Homosexuality Is An Abnormality By T.I.A / Linda Ikeji Is Not A Blogger By T.I.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#day1 : The Times Of Buhari By T.I.A by 1captain: 10:31am On Mar 11, 2016
Day 1 This is tagged Day 1, because this is the first record of experiences Nigerians are currently undergoing and it is the first edition. So today marks the fourth day since have seen light (electricity), have not a glimpse of it. Today petrol sold for #120 per liter in many areas, and according to what I hear this is rather cheap compared to other places where the product is sold. The dollar to the naira at the Inter bank exchange is 199 to the dollar and the parallel market ( the abokis a.k.a money changers) it is still over 300.

A bag of pure water sells from #200 or #150and even you are lucky enough , you get it for #120 and by virtue of this, the sachet water which was formerly sold for #5 per piece has now become permanent at #10 a piece and even #20 a piece in some places. Water itself has become an expensive commodity, as the abokis who fetch water have increased the price to #300 from #250 The major chant by the market seller and many other trades even the locust bean seller to the orange seller, is the dollar has become scarce and so by virtue of that, things have to become expensive. Food commodities have now become gold in our homes, nobody dares eats with two pieces of meat now, except he is satisfied he is never going to get to taste beef till the next week.

What is your experience?

More on [1creekblog.com]

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

You Must Show Compassion. / Your Child Of Promise (2). / What Causes Discouragement? (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.