Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail (75086 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Campaign Poster For Charmain Of Okrika LG Rivers State / Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by prahcetomi(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
potbelly:
only if you looked at it from a different point of view and not a myopic one you will know that statement translates to the situation of a person's life. In her case, her situation changed from good to bad and in the case of Olajumoke hers changed from bad to good. I pray we all experience better situations than that which Olajumoke is experiencing right now... P.s I hope we win west ham over the weekend... Cheers to you and Glory Glory Man Utd
I owe you a crate of vodka....we go win dat match jare.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Getikebusy(m): 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
Such is life! Nigerian judiciary my foot! Saraki is still leading the Senate... I wonder who will Fry the big fish
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by glossy6(f): 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Na wao this case don drag ghan. I thought she has finished serving the hail term since.

Hmmm omo Yoruba must review the case because omo igbo is involved.

Okay na go and wear all those beads for kirikiri
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by mukhcech(m): 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
silent10:

Fixed

No be me talk am o. Anyways nah wetin I wan write before buh e be like some people no too like my comment so it takes the slightest word to ban me.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by bigiyaro(m): 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
campusflavour:
I feel for her, its just an accident, na why hit and run full everywhere
if u be d victim relative, u no go write dis shiite.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by happney65: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
I could still remember when Edmound Obilo interviewed her on this same case on Splash FM in Ibadan..She was all tears on Live-Radio.Edmound had to cut the interview for a while for her to be composed..I think she wasnt under the influence though..She was genuinely sorry..I never knew the Case was still in court..I wish her the Best..
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by silent10(m): 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
mukhcech:

No be me talk am o. Anyways nah wetin I wan write before buh e be like some people no too like my comment so it takes the slightest word to ban me.
K. I c u dey fear ban grin
Me; i say wat's on my mind, dnt care abt d mods angry
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Deo1986(m): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
The five years away is okay because someone's life was taken. but the supreme court will eventually grant her bail. thats for sure! she is connected.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by ehnigma(m): 9:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
campusflavour:

..."just"....a Doctor died. A bread winner was extinguised. She fled initially. Whilst its okay to feel empathetic, its not okay
to water down the demise

2 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by tete7000(m): 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
campusflavour:

The news said she was drunk, left her lane and ran into another thus killing him. That was reckless.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Ghandi(m): 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
was charged to court in 2005, so if she is sentenced to 5years, calculating 4m d day of first detention. it means she had already served her term, they are even owing her 6 yes. or dem wan start to count am 4m d day of sentencing?
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Caveatemptor(m): 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
The wind mills ofthe gods grind slowly......
This lady was inebriated and grabbed a SUV belonging to Daniel Wilson and in that stateof mind recklessly drove the vehicle across the road barriers on her side of the road and landed the SUV on top of the roof of the Honda Accord driven by Doctor Suraj,killing him instantly on the spot and seriously injuring the doctors brother who was a co passenger.
She never showed any remorse for her crime but kept on drinking recklessly,while using her connections in the last administration to avoid justice.
If you do the crime be prepared to do the time. Celebrity my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by JustCurious: 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
gudnex22:

will five years jail term also restor the live?
No it wouldn't. However, the good thing is that, Justice has been served.

Maybe, you should try (for some minutes) to look at things from the victim's children's perspective. How would you feel?.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by dominique(f): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
akegists:
Finally a Nigerian celebrity is going to jail

You will end up there yourself if you continue with your fake data deals. Anuofia scammer
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by sukkot: 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
Joavid:
she is going to jail for real shocked

Sukkot your crush is going to kirikiri o
my crush ? abeg oooo me i no dey crush pro-jonathan women ooooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by maimota(f): 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2016
This Dr. Giwa Suraj's family are tough oooh, despite all the begging una no shake. No amount of justice will bring back your son, leave justice to God.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Favolly(f): 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmm… just after seeing her looking so glam and all at the AMVCA... Now it's to imagine her behind bars?

Who would have thunk? cry
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by datribune: 11:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
campusflavour:

d lady deserves no pity. Ibinabo was said to have been seriously drunk while driving along Lekki/Epe Expressway which resulted in d accident dat killed Doctor Suraju Giwa. Onlookers & witnesses to d tragedy testified dat d impact of Fiberesima’s car into d victim’s was so violent that it took rescue teams over half an hour to rescue d persons who had survived d crash but who had also sustained injuries.
Her conduct following d accident is d reason why d lagos state govt was enraged at d initial judgement & had to appeal & also why d family of d victim will not agree to an amicable settlement. Fiberesima fled d accident scene & checked into a hospital 4 medical attention leaving d victim behind. d police traced d car thru d licence plate & discovered d Lexus Jeep belonged to her ex-lover Daniel Wilson. She was brought in for interrogation d next day & subsequently put under arrest.

6 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by okonja(m): 11:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
potbelly:
From dancing at the AMVCA to dancing in kirikiri...

Na the dancing vex the judge angry angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by mart2k(m): 11:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
This is heart breaking, and if i may ask, how was it ascertained that the cause of the death was due to reckless driving and if there was really any reckless driving at all?
just confused!
ah, na wa 4 u o. C question. So, all those that were involved in d case did nt carry out any investigation or show any evidence b4 she was convicted? Pls dey use ur brain small small o. For ur information, she was seriously drunk when she hit n killed d man; I v been following d case since 2010 if u dnt know
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by mart2k(m): 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
Decker:
Was she not the one that was acting all crazy at the AMVCAs after-party, as a result of over consumption of alcohol?
Well, you know what they say - Alcohol takes away your problems.
Alcohol has been her greatest enemy, she was heavilly drunk when she had d accident that killed d Doctor.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by oluwasegun007(m): 11:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
Little Wonder her dance at the after party of the Amvca looked like a frustrated one....

She go miss Jonah ooo...BT baba bubu don't watch Bollywood.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nathanieloo7(m): 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
nice one,I feel for her but it shows that no one is above d law
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Ossaifamous(m): 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
People make mistakes and then sometimes lawyers and Judges make then pay an unbearable price for these mistakes

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by jeff1607(m): 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
did she try making amends during the period she was still free?
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Jaydenphoenix: 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Can this case be over already. It's sad that almost 11 yrs after the incident, the case is still in court.

For those asking if a prison term would bring back the deceased ,punishments don't undo the events but serve as deterrent. If a man rapes a girl & is punished, does it "unrape" her??

IB should serve her sentence n let's move on. Her lawyer is just milking her. He needs to tell her the truth. I would be surprised if the supreme court doesn't uphold this ruling.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by ODUBEZE: 12:06am On Mar 12, 2016
campusflavour:
I understand your point! but that doesn't make it right. A reckless driving? what if the person is your brother, would U have make this statement?
She was not even remorseful. was it not here that I read how she was showing off her dressing at an event? what if he is her brother?
It is well! evil is evil no matter what face it is wearing.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by AlanSugar(m): 12:17am On Mar 12, 2016
campusflavour:

That na why dem de hit and run, no one wants to go to prison!
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by thecommunist(m): 12:29am On Mar 12, 2016
For all of you shouting justice this justice that, please tell me how many dangote trailer drivers have been convicted for reckless driving with the way they crush people to death with thier trailers? And i am a living witness to thier recklessness on the road. As far as i am concerned, this is a mere show of power on the part of LASG. It more like a retaliatory sentencing rather than justice being served. They want to make a show of her just to send out a strong message out there that they are not to be trifled with. Nemesis will be the final judge, and i am sure it wont dissapoint. Mark my words.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by chinchum(m): 1:08am On Mar 12, 2016
Slymonster:
very nice judgement but this is still the reason most morons hit and run when they know that person will die..fear of going to jail... she might have been like others and run..who knows but anyway such is life..u must pay for a life you take ,even those that hit and run will one day account to the life they took..
it was not simply an accident, it was reported she was dead drunk when the accident occured. She deserved the jail term IMO. She should have no contact with alchohol anyloger, but it was also alleged she was drunk again some days ago at an award show.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by xtervaganza(m): 1:29am On Mar 12, 2016
campusflavour:
what an irresponsible comment. Were you there to know it was just an accident and it wasn't her fault someone lost his life?

Anything this celebs do you people will support. I wonder if some of you have a life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Angrily Pushes Her Staff Into A Swimming Over An Argument / Davido's Daughter With Tiwa Savage Son And The Okoye Kids At Her School Party / Adediwura Becky 2001 Throwback Vs 2018 Pictures. "How I Take Get Big Breast?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.