Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Broken Seal - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Seal (5391 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Seal by Jaytoy(f): 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Wow very interesting.... When is season 2 starting
Re: Broken Seal by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
nobody should hurt my lover boy oo
Re: Broken Seal by Oyinprince(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2016
Broken Seal - Episode 7

I opened the door only to meet a kid who shouldn’t be more than 16. He was wearing teary eyes. I seem to be a cry fuel to him ‘coz immediately he saw me, he bursted into another cry session. I tapped him gently on his shoulder.

Me: hey kid, whats wrong?

Kid: sorry for disturbing, my dad is at it again, he’s treating momma like a punch bag again!

Me: what!!!

Kid: can you help me stop him?

Me: sure! Why not? I hate it when men bully their wives, its so annoying! And you know what? 95% of those men can’t stand a fight with their fellow male!!!

Me: where do you live?

Kid: about 3 houses from here.

Me: okay, lead the way lets get going. As we walked out, he muttered some words i didn’t comprehend, probably he said “thank you”

_____

Adrian saw them passing by, mission1 accomplished! He had paid that kid to put up the act. Adrian was still clad in his black bike suite, with black handgloves. Swiftly, he jumped over the fence and found himself in a fairly large compound. He turned the door knob, which suprisingly opened, great!!! He succeeded in planting a bug in one of the remotes he saw on the table. But the bug won’t help right now! He need a tangible information. Yes a dairy would be perfect for that! He located the bedroom, with the hope of finding a dairy.

______

We walked briskly past four houses, didn’t this boy say his home is only three houses from mine?

Me: hey kiddy, aint we there yet?

Kid: (pointing to a path off the main street) this way…. I followed him quietly, we walked for few minutes, i didn’t hear any strange sound that would tell someone is being bullied….

Kid: (pointing) thats our home, it seems the neighbours have intervened, she isn’t screaming anymore.

Me: are you kidding me? Lets go in and find out!!!

Kid: thanks for your help! (jogged away)

Me: aaaaaarrrgghh so annoying! I just wasted my time mtcheeeew! This kid must be stupid.

_____

Adrian finally found a black grimy dairy on the mini-book shelve. Fliping through its pages, he found nothing interesting, until a write up caught his attention…. “oh dairy! I’m so tired today, guess what, we dropped Isai in her dorm, room 25A san sebastian college. Hahahaha i won’t forget dad’s warning -protect my princess blah blah blah. Of course i would protect her, why not? #feeling drowsy goodnight dairy!!!” Adrian grinned after reading that…ahah! He’ve found something useful. No in the living room, he turned the door knob, only to see Isaiah. (i knew his name from a write up in the dairy). Isaiah was already in the compound. WTF! What should he do? The house have only one exit, should he use his gun or better still start a fight? Many thoughts ran through his head.

****——-****

Adrian quickly hid behind the door in such a way that the door would cover him when opened. I was suprised to see my door half opened, was i that much in a haste that i forgot to close the door properly? I wish i never left the house in the first place! Sitting on the couch, i felt uneasy, it seems i’m not alone in the room. Isn’t that weird? I checked to four corners of the sitting room but no one was there. To satisfy my curiousity, i strode to the adjoining room to search for the ‘invisible’ person in my home. ____________________­________

Adrian watched as Isaiah walked to the inner room. He seized that opportunity to stealth out of the house.

_____

Oh i’ve been hallucinating, no one except me is in the house! Whats wrong with me lately? Things around me are getting more weird with each passing day. ____________________­______

Adrian happily went to his boss’ Rodelio, and explained all he had done. As a prove of it, he(Adrian) put on the tele-bug and rewound it to where Isaiah was having a phone conversation. Rodelio was pleased, as a reward for a job well done, he gave Adrian an envolope containing 5,000 peso.

Today is february 13th! You know what tomorry is right? Oh you don’t? Okay i’d tell you, tomorrow is Valentine!!!!! Can you imagine that? Woooo huuuuu i can’t wait to give my baby the best valentine gift ever! What do you suggest i give? Everything is already planned out, its gonna be a big suprise for Ella. I told samuel about my plans and he’s also helpinq out!

The remaining hours of my day were so boring,dunno why. I sat on the couch watching a soap since i wasn’t sleepy yet. When i was about going to bed, my clock gave an alarm, indicating its 12am already. I reached for my phone to call Ella. The phone didn’t beep twice before she picked up.

Ella: hi dear, not sleepy yet?

Me: i closed my eyes, opened it then closed it again and realise i can’t sleep without wishing you a rossy valentine.

Ella: hmmmm thanks! Any plans?

Me: yeah alot.

Ella: tell me about it.

Me: its meant to be a suprise.

Ella: can’t wait.

Me: hahahaha goodnight i gotta sleep.

Ella: dream of me!!!

*hung up*

Its morning already, i had a long dreamy night. I got off bed lazily, did my morning hygiene and got clad in the best valentine wear i can think of. Thanks to Chuck Taylor. Valentine here we go! I drove to a supermarket, bought a silver necklace for ma’am Kate, alongside with my ‘something’

______

Within few minutes, i found myself in Ella’s home. It isn’t too early, i guess the time should be some minutes past 10am already. We took permission from ma’am kate, then Ella and i hopped into my car, driving to my arranged destination.

Ella: mind telling me where we’ar going?

Me: calm down, you’d find out.

We drove to a (ski) jet station, parked the car in the parking lot, then Ella and I walked to the attendants.

Ella: boat driving?

Me: more than that dear.

Helmsman: hey bro, you’ar back!

Me: yeah, shall we?

Helmsman: yup! We jumped into the ski jet, the dude drove crazily, ‘tearing’ the blue water in his way. Soon we arrived the shore leading to an island.

Helmsman: here we go guys!!! I winked at him, reminding him of our deal, before Ella and I alighted.

Me: Ella, you’d have to close your eyes……no no i mean i’d be blindfolding you. She closed her eyes, i then removed a dark blindfold from my back pocket and fixed it properly on her eyes. I guided her path, so she wouldn’t trip. We reached the centre of the island. Royal palms were scarcely planted.

Me: Ella, i’d count one to three, on the third count, you untie your eyes, yeah?

Ella: yeah, lets have the countdown.

Me: (loudly) one…..two….

Everyone: threeeee.

The expression on Ella’s face was that of suprise. Why won’t she be suprised? I never told her i invited my friends and colleagues to the island. The people seated some meters away from us would number to 20, each with his partner!!! ‘king & queen’ gold coated rose decorated chairs were reserved for us, courtesy of samuel.

Ella: (smiling) Isaiah…i….don’t.­….

Me: (placing my right index finger on her lips) sshhhhh. I dipped my hand in my pocket and brought out a red parcel, i opened it to reveal a shiny daimond engagement ring, then i went down, with my right knee touching the ground and the other slightly above the ground….

Me: Ella Lagdemeo, would you become Ella Guidotti? She also went on her knees, hmmmm what is she up to? She then planted a soft kiss on my lips!!!!

Ella: yes…yes Isaiah, i’d marry you!!!

I helped her up and huged her tightly.

Me: (loud enough for others to hear) Mahal kita Ella! (i love you Ella)

Ella: Mahal din kita (i love you too). We both took our ‘king and queen’ seat. The people present couldn’t help but scream and clap. Samuel staggered like a drunk to the podium.

Samuel: ladies and gents, its time for beach parrryyy (party).

Everyone: yeeeee!”!

Samuel: ladies and gents, its time for beach party!!!

Everyone: yeeeee!

Samuel: okay okay enough of screaming out your lungs. There are two tents over there….. This one (pointing) is for the male folks while that one is for the females. Get in there and change into your swim suits lets have funn!!!! One more thing, guys aint permitted to the ladies tent. Everyone, including Ella and I rushed to our respective tents. In few minutes, we were all out, the ladies were on red bikinis and the guys on white shorts. Everything was set for the water polo. Let the fun begin!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nikky and her family are all seated in the black hyundai sonata. Nikky’s plane only arrived a couple of minutes ago. She, her mum and her little sis all sat in the back while Angelo, their father was in the front passenger seat, their driver is on the wheels.

Angelo: (breaking the moment of silence) Nikky, why did you decide to depart from the states on a valentine day? Don’t you have a……….

Nikky: no dad, i don’t. (changing the topic) mum, what about the job you mentioned weeks ago, any vacancy?

Carolyne: of course dear, you can start work anytime you wish….right honey?

Angelo: hmmmm(nodding affirmatively).

Nikky: Eva, how is school? Eva(Nikky’s little sis): school is fine. sister

Nikky, hope you got something for me?

Nikky: yes, i got lot of stuffs for you….i also bought your fav toy.

Eva: really? (smiling)

Nikky: (nodding) hmmmm-hummn. Silence flooded the car od.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The game ended with Ella’s team winning my team by a factor of two. We all changed to our valentine wears and left happily-a val well spent!!! Ella and I drove to my apartment……

Me: wow i still can’t believe we’ar a couple already!

Ella: its the greatest thing that have ever happened to me, the feeling is awesome!

Me: same here honey.

Ella: but don’t you think its too early for this?

Me: (confused confused) you mean….?

Ella: i mean…..well you see we don’t know much about each other yet……

Me: that doesn’t matter, whats more important is that we love each other.

Ella: I know, still yet there are somethings i’d like to tell you about.

Me: uhm…..

Ella: Its about my life, i hardly tell people about this.

Me: wow it means i’m special, lets hear it please….

... To be continued

You can find the complete story here:
www.youngicee.com/2016/03/broken-seal-all-posts.html
Re: Broken Seal by Oyinprince(m): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2016
Jaytoy:
Wow very interesting.... When is season 2 starting
it'll be announced soon, just stay connected to the blog

Check this https://www.nairaland.com/3016049/new-story-afraid-love#44542392
Re: Broken Seal by bummybummy(f): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
nyc writeup. Wen ar we xpectn d season 2?
Re: Broken Seal by Niwdog(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
More like a Philippians movie. When are you going to start the season2?. For sure thomas is Ellas' father. And ninita(the child) don't want to say much about her cuz grandfather fit turn out become her father. Nice story
Re: Broken Seal by Oyinprince(m): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
Broken Seal - Episode 8

By Isaac Atabo

Ella: we use to live in a small village, far away from Manila. Our family was the happy type. Though we don’t have all we want, we enjoy what we ever needed. On one fateful day, i guess ten years ago. I came back from school, only to hear the bad news that dad left hours ago and haven’t returned, thats very unusual of him. We waited for hours, days, weeks, and months but dad didn’t come back to us. What happened to him remains a puzzle to mum and I, even to this day. The disappearance of dad marked the begining of another life for us… *tear drops, sniffs* A life full of toiling with little or no reward, a hard life, a life of extreme poverty as all my father’s relatives didn’t care about us anymore. We found ourselves here in Manila..mother tried her best to make sure i go to college. *sniffs* thats my story Isaiah….

Me: (short of words) sorry about all you’ve been through…..please stop crying. I’d always be there for you, thats a promise i intend to keep…i love you so much Ella, no matter what. I said those words whilst patting her shoulder gently. My words seem to have an effect ‘coz she managed to smile.
Me: its getting boring in here, do you play PC games?
Ella: i sure do….lets play ‘cops and robbers’
Me: ok ma’am, but i’d be the cop.
Ella: no way! do i look like a robber to you?
Me: hell yeah! You stole my heart!
Ella: *laughing* Ella played like a pro, she was always winning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella: i should be on my way.
Me: sleep over please? You’ar on leave right?
Ella: yes but…..
Me: but?
Ella: i’d pass the night here!!!
Me: thats my cinderella.
Ella: crazy…..why don’t we take a walk?
Me: i was thinking of that too. We bought two cans of ice cream and started walking down the street under the graceful street lights, going nowhere in particular. We were enjoying everything…soon it started raining.
Me: (offering my jacket) cover you self with this, you might catch cold.
Ella: no thanks, am warm.
Me: oh! I forgot you grew up in sahara…..seriously, hasten your footsteps. We started jogging ‘coz the rain’s intensity was increasing gradually.
Ella stumbled “hey careful” i said, hugging her.
Ella: yeah thanks. We remained in the ‘hug position’ for what seemed like ages. She raised her head, i also lower mine a little. Lips closer….closer….closer! (hope ma’am kate won’t interrupt) closer!!…..locked. The kiss was sooo passionate, the drips of water wetting us made it more romantic!!!!! We were on the street but who cares? The kiss disengaged after minutes. We ran home and I showed her the guest room, it was tidy, thanks to Isai.

MORNING @6:30AM

My bed alarm woke me up. I tiptoed to the guest room, Ella was still asleep, great!! I did a little hygiene and went to a mall opposite my home. I bought a green Indian gown for Ella since rain wet the dress she was clad in yesterday. I didn’t knock ‘coz i was thinking Ella would still be asleep. But i was wrong, Ella sat in the living room, Isai was with her. Isabella was wearing fresh hospital bandages all over her face. WTF!!! What happened?

Me: (confused) Oh my…. What happened to you, Isabella?

Isabella: long story bro.

Me: don’t skip any bit of it.

Isabella: we….i mean my boyfriend and my two other friends. Finished our night reading and were heading to our respective dorms when a three-gang men attacked us.

Me: yes? What did your boyfriend do about it?

Isabella: common please, they overpowered us….

Ella: what did they take anythinq from you?

Isabella: I think they weren’t after money or anything! It was only me they centered on.

Me: what! Why? Do you have an uneven score with anyone?

Isabella: No! They also left a message, but i can’t recall what they said.

Me: shìt! Recognise any of them?

*Samuel barged in*

Me: you might wanna attend moral classes.

Samuel: i did that years ago, hey i knocked but got silence for a reply….it looks like someone survived and aero crash.

Me: its rather called a serious issue! Isai was attacked last night.

Samuel: what?!! By who and why?

Isabella: one of them look familiar, he’s a big time night racer downtown.

Samuel: I think i know that sparky! Is he fair, muscular with dark curly hairs?

Isabella: exactly!

Samuel: that should be Adrian! That guy is a green snake, a dangerous one! How on earth did you cross his path?

Me: there’s only one way to find out.

Samuel: don’t even have a streak of amicability in your idea ‘coz Adrian is not the friendly type!

Me: then we hook him up with our bad sides.

Samuel: thats gonna be fun!

Ella: hope you guys aint thinking of something dangerous?

Me: no honey, just a question and answer session.

Samuel: hmmmm….why don’t we meet up in my house later, so we can draft everything?

Me: thats what we gotta do. Ella prepared breakfast for us and left a couple of hours later. Isai would be here with me, probably for a day or two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minutes past 5pm, i went to Samuel’s. According to Samuel, Adrian or whatever he calls himself is a dangerous guy, probably getting to ask him questions wouldn’t be as easy as we can ever envisage. To avoid having Adrian win on both ends, we decided to have concealed pistols with us. We did a little far range shooting exercise. Its now 8pm – time to pay Adrian a visit!!!!!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Adrian smiled as he cleaned two of his MAG-7 and one KS-23. The MAG-7s are meant for his friends. He had listened to all the conversation Isaiah and co were having earlier. Thanks to the tele-bug he planted in Isaiah’s living room. He knew they would come for him, though he’s in the dark about the day and time. He made up his mind to always go out ready for anything! He got dressed up in a casual wear and hopped into his porsche. He would be having a duel car race tonight!!.

The warm cheers of tens of spectators filled the air. Today’s duel is gonna be a tough one. Adrian is going against a foreigner who is also a champion. Adrian was clad in a black race-wear while the foreigner was on red. The race moderator stepped forward, with white paper in her hand.

Moderator: ladies and gents, as you all know, we’ar having a grand duel tonight! The racers are Adrian Tracy and Conny Gainsville.

Crowd: yeeeeah!!! Moderator: the winner goes home with 75,000 peso, let the race begin!!! The racers each hopped into their racing cars which were parked such that the front tyre’s rested on a white line across the road. The moderator flagged down then blew a whistel. The race began…. Samuel and I watched as the whole thing unfold, Adrian is the guy in black, driving a red sport car. Hahahahaha “red” he’s gonna get that danger. We parked our black old model SUV in the road adjoining to where Adrian and co would most definitely pass through to reach
their destination. Adrian was leading, giving his opponent a great gap, perfect!!! He is now approaching us. I jumped into the SUV, kick start it, and started moving slowly. When i was on the verge of entering the main road, i rolled outta the car immediately, leaving the car to its fate. Adrian was on high speed, he tried slowing down to no avail. He swayed his car away from the road, a dangerous risk he took ‘coz the car sumersaulted.

Samuel: fast! Lets get him before they come for him. The cheers died down instantly. He ran to the sumersaulted car and managed to get Adrian out. Thank goodness he is stil breathing, but his hair was drenched with blood. We were hearing gunshots from afar, Samuel helped in dragging Adrian’s heavy body into the SUV. “kpash” a stranded bullet found its way into the car.
WTF! This guys race with gun?

Me: sam, is the car not starting or….( the engine started before i could finish my sentence) the rains of bullets intensified, two cars are now after us. I reached for my
own gun and started returning the favor. Samuel too was shooting at intervals. One of the cars ran off track when i shot its driver. I was jubilating until the devil told me “don’t glory yet” two of our car tyres bursted. The car was practically crawling. Oh shìt! Not now!!! I’m using two guns in shooting the other car. But the car seem to be bullet proved. Samuel: aaaaaaarhh i think i got shot! Me: oh no what do we do now?

... To be continued

Read Full Story on http://www.youngicee.com/2016/03/broken-seal-all-posts.html
Re: Broken Seal by Oyinprince(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
Niwdog:
More like a Philippians movie. When are you going to start the season2?. For sure thomas is Ellas' father. And ninita(the child) don't want to say much about her cuz grandfather fit turn out become her father. Nice story
Most likely next week
bummybummy:
nyc writeup. Wen ar we xpectn d season 2?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Wedding Night... / Going Outside Can Improve Your Creative Writing In These 3 Ways / The Kings of Kentworth (Book Two)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.