Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step (3583 Views)

We’ll Push Dollar To N305—CBN Boasts / CBN Suspends Dollar To Naira Trades Till Monday / Ifeanyi Ubah: 'I Can Bring The US-Dollar To N200 In One Month' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by bronze82(m): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
The price of the United States Dollar may soon crash down to around N203 in the parallel market after africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote recently revealed that his companies better known as, The Dangote Group will soon start selling dollars to the Central bank of Nigeria
Dangote group have offices and factories dotted all over Africa and receive the majority of its export revenue which runs into billions every week in United states dollars
Dangote, who spoke in Lagos at the Nigerian Economic Summit organised by Economist Events, an arm of The Economist of London, said, “We are looking at a situation that by 2020, we will be the one selling FX to the CBN. Our projects are mainly import substitution. We are working to be self-sufficient to grow about a million tonnes of rice over the next five years
Insider sources have revealed that the Central bank of Nigeria stopped selling dollars to Bereau the change operators because of the very low inflow of dollars from the sale of oil which used to be $3.2bn but is now around $1bn per month
But if Dangote’s plan is to work, the Central bank of Nigeria will have the greenback in more than enough quantities through recycling the company’s revenue which will ultimately allow the CBN to recommence the weekly bidding for foreign currencies by the BDCs
According to a top source in the apex Bank, “The aim of CBN is to ensure that the divergence between the official and parallel rate does not exceed N3, so we are looking at a parallel market rate of N200/$
So far, the CBN in a bid to manage the pressure on supply has deployed over $11.7 billion to support Agricultural Sector, SMEs, manufacturers and others. This has reduced patronage of black market by end-users and has forced rent seekers to dump the greenback thereby creating a dollar-glut in the black-market.
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by dunkem21(m): 12:00am On Mar 13, 2016
Ifeanyichukwu Ubah grin
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by idupaul: 12:00am On Mar 13, 2016
Dangote to rescue once more ..Buhari should abdicate for this man abeg
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by fistonati(m): 12:03am On Mar 13, 2016
I don't wanna hear to crash, I wanna hear has crashed. Enough of this stories abeg

11 Likes

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by Sunofgod(m): 12:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Very stupid move by Dangote......sell your shares now!
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by aleem50(m): 12:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Make them kukuma sell this country for this man self .

2 Likes

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by sholatech(m): 12:26am On Mar 13, 2016
I Thot I saw in the article that this will be by '2020'?

17 Likes

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by daveP(m): 1:01am On Mar 13, 2016
Smh. Dangote again??!!
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by jara: 2:08am On Mar 13, 2016
Under normal circumstances, one would not question international businessmen like Dangote, Otedola or even owner of beloved Innoson, Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma; just to name a few. But Nigeria has never been an ideal country where anyone is above suspicion in view of past abuses. Each of these three should be our foreign cash cows into Nigeria. They should not be scrambling with other Nigerians asking Central Bank or individual banks for foreign allocation. http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/dangote-fpi-banks-must-substantiate-lion-share-of-forex.html

After this article came out , Dangote came out with 2020 promise. What and where have each of these people and all the foreign earnings been kept? In foreign accounts or domiciliary accounts.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by benpedro(m): 2:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Which Dangote?the same Dangote the central bank goveenor promised to provide with all the USD he needs just last month?...P.S:Presently Dangote needs more USD than the Federal Government of Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by lawydewy(m): 2:23am On Mar 13, 2016
This is what will happen when majority do not know

the secret of their economy.

They can't be patient enough only to rant.

They can't produce only to eat foreign cabbages.

The majority lack patient will make the president succumb to business men who are creating cloudy atmosphere for selfish again.

If we continue like this,one day they will sell this country like Zimbabwe.....

Like GEJ, when he came in 2011 with good intentions, they tight up the economy with their strategies, he quickly succumbed because citizens will revolt against him...

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by dearsly(m): 3:00am On Mar 13, 2016
UBAH deserves d praise!!!!

Access bank still selling N305!...so Dangote shut up!

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by OreMI22: 3:03am On Mar 13, 2016
Dangote is one of the crooks in Nigeria that I know will only do what will make him milk Nigerian economy.

I don't believe he will do anything to help Nigeria unless he stands to gain 1000% from it.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by Burger01(m): 3:24am On Mar 13, 2016
sholatech:
I Thot I saw in the article that this will be by '2020'?
I thought my eyes dey deceive me....2020 bawo
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by jara: 3:44am On Mar 13, 2016
You will think that by now, Nigeria will be sick and tired of promises.

What are all these companies doing with all their foreign incomes right now and getting more allocation from our foreign reserves on top.That is double dipping!

Buhari should make them answer to the article I quoted above and let us stop fooling ourselves. Why are big compaanies scrabbling with struggling companies for foreign exchange?
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by shachris02: 3:49am On Mar 13, 2016
Burger01:
I thought my eyes dey deceive me....2020 bawo

even the 2020 is not certain. according to them "we are looking at a situation....."

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by ladyF(f): 3:54am On Mar 13, 2016
OP you are posting false information.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by onatisi(m): 4:04am On Mar 13, 2016
ladyF:
OP you are posting false information.
Dont mind them. It is a big shame that Nigeria has produced bunch of dummb youth who can't think. No wonder a politician once told me that they will rather hand over power their children than to the so called Nigerian youth,because the so called Nigeria youth are brainless. 90% of them can't think deep,no thanks to sport betting and trashy music . Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by 93RD(m): 4:56am On Mar 13, 2016
You release FX to one man freely and he says he would sell dollar back to the country in 2020 They should as well sell the country to him na grin.
modified: if i read right the report said dollars would be sold back to the country at the rate of 200 naira to dollar by 2020. i thought a particular man said he would make 1naira equals 1dollar grin grin so why is this report saying 200 to a dollar by 2020 that is 200% increase na abi baba been dey lie to the masses ? grin grin
this OP should put source i beg. i need to know how true this report is abi the source doesn't want to be mentioned grin grin
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by Osakah24(m): 5:07am On Mar 13, 2016
Will it even be considered a progress if dollar sells for 203 by 2020?,#InwandeCoals voice, Shey na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by 400billionman: 7:06am On Mar 13, 2016
VISION 2020.

Okay..
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by lifestyle1(m): 8:35am On Mar 13, 2016
dearsly:

Stanbic selling @ #280
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by iblawi(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2016
dearsly:

Access bank is N254 to a dollar my friend.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by moneybag100: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2016
May or will?
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by duduade: 9:40am On Mar 13, 2016
idupaul:
Dangote to rescue once more ..Buhari should abdicate for this man abeg
when will he rescue....? No be 2020 he talk....

We still in 2016....
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by koredex4love(m): 9:44am On Mar 13, 2016
iblawi:

Can you show us prove?
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by dearsly(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2016
iblawi:

I was CHARGED N305 ystdae night with my Access Visa Card!

Ope u are not one of the bankers destroying d economy n coming online to defend yourselfs
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by futurenix(m): 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
jara:
You will think that by now, Nigeria will be sick and tired of promises.

What are all these companies doing with all their foreign incomes right now and getting more allocation from our foreign reserves on top.That is double dipping!

Buhari should make them answer to the article I quoted above and let us stop fooling ourselves. Why are big compaanies scrabbling with struggling companies for foreign exchange?

What they do with their income generated from foreign sales is what still baffles me and the CBN is still releasing more.

I am still struggling to grow my factory into an exporting one and can't even find the dollars to secure my materials, yet the richest man in Africa is sipping all the dollars from the nation's reserve in the name of investing in other countries that will even create employment to the citizens of that country, not his.

Nigeria is not for a selected few but for Nigerians.
I am thinking of going to CBN headquarters for them to sell me my own USD even at #200 after all I don't even need 1/trillion (th) of what Dangote is getting.
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by pointblank247(m): 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
in the voice of fela. international thief-thief.
Re: Dollar To Crash To N203 As Dangote Takes Another Bold Step by holuphisayor(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
Piss of sh.it

(1) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rate Today: Dollar To Naira Black Market Rate Today March 23 2024 / UBA: The New Minimum Balance Of N25,000 & Another Option You Can Go For - UBA Visa AfriCard / Introducing Hotels.com.ng, A Hotels Listings And Reviews Site!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.