Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help (3005 Views)

You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions / Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Catalytic Converter Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by ChuxD(m): 10:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Good morning members of the house.pls i need ur help on the above issue. My car overheated,resulting to burnt top gasket,the cause was due to the fans- suddenly stopped working. The top gasket has been replaced, and new functional engine fans in place. However i noticed the overheating still persisted, especially in d afternoon,with occasionally stalling and jerking of the car,especially when the AC is on, and water in d radiator dries up. Recently, the car jerks and stop when driving in a hold up,or after been in a hold up for a while.they have checked the radiator- no leakage,checked the hoses-no leakage,radiator caps-fitting. Pls Nissparts, Ikenna and Co,come to my rescue. Thanks
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by nissparts(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Are you in Lagos?
The replacement gasket, paper type?
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by mayor2013: 11:16am On Mar 13, 2016
ChuxD:
Good morning members of the house.pls i need ur help on the above issue. My car overheated,resulting to burnt top gasket,the cause was due to the fans- suddenly stopped working. The top gasket has been replaced, and new functional engine fans in place. However i noticed the overheating still persisted, especially in d afternoon,with occasionally stalling and jerking of the car,especially when the AC is on, and water in d radiator dries up. Recently, the car jerks and stop when driving in a hold up,or after been in a hold up for a while.they have checked the radiator- no leakage,checked the hoses-no leakage,radiator caps-fitting. Pls Nissparts, Ikenna and Co,come to my rescue. Thanks

Your thermostat might be stucked closed. As for your stalling when the ac is on. A lot of things can cause that. But first I would advice you run a comprehensive scan since your suv is obd2 compliant. As for your radiator drying up most definitely there is a leak somewhere along your cooling system. To reveal this. A cooling pressure test needs to be carried out. If you are in lagos and you need to fix the following problems. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by nurey(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
Never use water for cooling in Nissan engines, it will cause engine malfunction and subsequent over heating. switch to coolant and also test the thermostat for proper functioning.
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by ChuxD(m): 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Unfortunately i am not in Lagos- Port Harcourt, but would appreciate any alternative arrangement. And yes, the gasket is d paper type
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by ChuxD(m): 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
I am in Port Harcourt. If I could be refered to someone worthwhile that could sort me ou in Port Harcourt. I would appreciate it.
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by ChuxD(m): 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Actually had coolant in d system(don't know which type-green coloured though), but since d car was worked on water has been used to run the radiator. Pls what type of coolant is recommended?
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by nurey(m): 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
ChuxD:
Actually had coolant in d system(don't know which type-green coloured though), but since d car was worked on water has been used to run the radiator. Pls what type of coolant is recommended?

Total has two coolant type, the 350, for a litre, and a new 1200 for a litre, since your engine is big and more recent, use the 1200 by total if you can get the recommended one from a 3rd party. I use the green total 350 naira for my Nissan Almera. When I also changed my gasket, water was used, I had over heating again until I went the coolant way. Also check for leaks at the hose that connects the bottom hole of the radiator
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by DECOtech(m): 3:32am On Mar 14, 2016
ChuxD:
I am in Port Harcourt. If I could be refered to someone worthwhile that could sort me ou in Port Harcourt. I would appreciate it.

Though I'm in Aba, but I want to ask you if you have confirmed that the radiator fans are blowing air in the right direction.

Also, Nurey has a strong point. but note that if your engine head is warped as a result of the previous overheating, no amount of gasket replacement or coolant will stop the overheating.

wrong ignition timing can also cause overheating.
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by nurey(m): 6:35am On Mar 14, 2016
Op if I were in your shoes, I would always be available when they need to fix the car
Decotech is right about wrong timing causing over-heating, also wrong position of the temperature sensor will also cause over heating, using water even after testing for the job done will cause over heating, bad/adultrated gasket will also still cause over heating.

STEPS TO TAKE
1. make sure the fan kicks in when it is supposed to
2. make sure there isn't any air or that the cooling system is in a closed loop i.e air isn't trapped in the system
3. check the fans working speed/blowing direction confirm this by placing nylon infront of the radiato grill where the horn is normally hidden, it must attempt to suck the nylon in.
4. Check the thermostat and confirm it's alright
5. check all sensor connections (if the connections are bad/inverted the engine will be vibrating extremely and the RPM will be dancing alanta.
6. If all this checks ok, I am afraid it's time to bring down the engine and confirm the authenticity of the gasket used but before that, to check whether the gasket has given way do this three things

1. bend under and roll your driving belt pulley opening the radiator cap, if the liquid inside bubbles up, gasket is bad

2. after the car has warmed and cooled down, if you open the radiator cap and liquid gushes out small, gasket is gone.

3. when you start the car and open the radiator cap and the liquid is throwing air bubbles like a toddler, the gasket is bad.
Re: Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Overheating Issues....help by v2: 8:21am On Mar 14, 2017
Good day ChuxD,

Just wanted to find out. How did you finally solve this problem?

Please, share so others can learn.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Made A Big Mistake Please Advise / 15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving / Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.