Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,083 members, 7,828,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Agatu: A Genocide Nextdoor - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agatu: A Genocide Nextdoor (442 Views)

Why We Attacked Agatu – Fulani Spokesman / Fulani Herdsmen Set To Attack Logo LGA In Benue State After Agatu Massacre / "Young Alhaji" Helps Displaced People Of Agatu With Food Items. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agatu: A Genocide Nextdoor by Lordsocrates: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
SOBER REFLECTIONS: AGATU, THE GENOCIDE NEXT DOOR.

“They killed 1000, of our cattle’s, that’s what that led us to attacking them” Spokesman for the Fulani Herdsmen.
I couldn’t keep my fume any longer, I couldn’t even get the stomach to read to the end, i decided to let the fume spill…
To start with, one would love to know how Human life is measured ? Say for example on a per cattle basis, because if one person could own a range of 10,000+ cattle’s I see no reasons why some gworro chewing, gun taunting herders, would kill more than 400 persons, for the killing of 1000 cows, ( newsmen, soldiers, and politicians traversing that area have totally denied sighting a single dead or decomposing cow), but then, they all confess, being sick to the stomach, over the sight of flies swarmed up decomposing dead bodies, left in the open.
As the wounded and the living who would have buried them, had so far abandoned their farms, homes, and the corpses of their loved once with hopes, that they live, at least to return for vengeance one day.
We do remember reading in the constitution once, that the overall function of the government is the Security and welfare of the citizens,.. And by Government here we mean both the Local, State and Federal Government.. But then, the Government here did promise the people Security and Protection, and then set up an amnesty programs for them to all surrender their weapons, so that the Government could move in to Protect them… But like every other promises our Politicians have been making overtime, “THEY LIED” the amnesty programme was an ambush, for a Genocide Master plan to wipe the Indigenous owners of the Community out of existence, and to turn the Richly endowed lands there, to cattle ranching lands…
Yes, because if that’s not the plan, we see no reasons why the President would be travelling round the world, granting interviews tagging the Judiciary corrupt, “allegedly” staging Nigerians corrupt, but in all keeping Mumm over the Genocide going on his country, and the Governor, would be travelling round the state with Battalions of Soldiers and Military Policemen at his beck and call, while the “DIS-ARMED” denizens of Agatu community are being turned into target practice, for blood/gworro crazed Fulani herdsmen. For the Local Government Chairman, we know that the State and Federal Government have deserted you guys, but then its uncalled for that even when the government has failed, that some strangers could come in, take over your farm and the produce therein, rape your wife and daughters, kill your parents and Children, and then turn your house to theirs, with no reprisal, by God these herdsmen tried the same thing in Ghana, check the news and see the “You don’t mess with us” message the host community sent to them.

To me and you, and all of us, reading from the comfort of our homes, office and farms in the North, South, East and West, feigning “E NO CONCERN ME” over the whole thing, lets all remember, that most of the Garri and farm produce we enjoy at our base, are from the hardworking Farmers in Benue most of whom have been gruesomely maimed already, and from the Rich and Arable lands which are about to be turned into Cattle Grazing Area..
And Not just that, let’s also be reminded, that today, its Agatu tommorow, it would be Enugu and the next it will be you… The Government have left them, their weapons taken, they are now left bare, vulnerable and defenceless to the mercies of the merciless herders... lets stand by them..
#PMBspeakUp #NoToAgutuGenocide # #cattlesLivesDontMatter #IdomaLivesMattets #SaveAgatuToday
https://letdemknow./2016/03/12/agatu-a-genocide-nextdoor/

Re: Agatu: A Genocide Nextdoor by Lordsocrates: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
bad is bad, anywhere, everywhere...

(1) (Reply)

When PHCN Decided To Ignore Your Area / Village Witches At Work / Budget 2016 Among The Various States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.