Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Never Use These As Your ATM PIN - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Never Use These As Your ATM PIN (652 Views)

3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Hold Your ATM Card While On Queue / Davido: Never Use Banana Fall On You On A Lady / Beware Of This Sms For Your Atm Pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never Use These As Your ATM PIN by onilanre(m): 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
To before warned is to before armed/harmed either of the two. The Yahoo boys are not smiling, couple with the recent economy meltdown.

Here are SIMPLE TIPS TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR ATM CARD PIN from scammers.

Following these simple tips will help protect your card and account against misuse and fraud.

Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is the key to your card. It is for your personal use only. When selecting a PIN, always avoid the obvious -

Your Date of Birth
Your Matric No
Your Date of Marriage
Your fincee Date of Birth
Your Car Plate No
Your Home Address
Your Children DOB
Your Service Number
ETC.

One technique that works for PINs is to divide them into two groups of two digits and treat each as a year - so that, say, 8367 becomes 1983 and 1967 - and then find some event that corresponds to each year.

Each event should be something personal, known only to you, or something historical but relatively obscure. From these, devise an amusing and odd phrase linking the two events, from which the events themselves, and thus the dates, cannot be easily deduced.
Write down this phrase rather than the PIN itself.

Another way to create a PIN that is also easy to remember is to translate a word into numbers (like on a telephone keypad). Ex: Rich would be 7424. ATM keypads often have letters printed alongside the numbers.

Protect your PIN; it is your electronic signature. Don't write it down - memorize it. Don't give away your PIN to anyone; not even officials of the Bank.

Doxology! Ethical Hackers Group.
Re: Never Use These As Your ATM PIN by Sirpluv: 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
OK Noted nice security tip
EXPO

my ATM pin is my great grand ma's 3rd cousin's date of death.
grin grin

btw

If you want to turn Just 1K to a huge investment . . check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Never Use These As Your ATM PIN by abdul4new(m): 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
nice security advice he who have ear let them hear.

(1) (Reply)

Am Far Away From Loved Ones And It's My Birthday / When You Hate Being Called Ugly / INTERVIEW: Kannywood’s Top Actress, Rahama Sadau, Opens Up; Says Adam Zango ‘my

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.