Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

JAMB Release My Answer Scripts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Release My Answer Scripts (14130 Views)

Finally, JAMB Release Results Of 1.5m UTME Candidates / When Will Jamb Release The Result Of Those That Did On Wednesday?? / Jamb Release 2016 Official Cut Off Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 14, 2016
Last year when I first became victim of the new JAMB policy, I felt that was because I was unnecessarily being resistant to good innovations and being retarded to something good. Not until this year when it became clear to me that I had last year passed unfair judgement onto myself.

Last year I read like never before: past questions and answers could without stress pop up at a flip of finger; I prayed because I believe hardworking and prayer work hand in hand for envisaged success; I was hitherto full of hope, believing nothing, no matter how small could bridge me against success...and such was the exacting state of my belief!

All of this went in futility when on getting to the exam center, I was told I had come late for exams - I had come 2 hours late! - truly I came late but if they could ever be magnanimous enough to listen to my '5Ws and H', possibly the story would have been different today. 'no excuse you can give that will change anything' such was the stand of these 'mean' officials.
Dejectedly, I turned around to look for solace but none was forthcoming. It was as though my life depended on it. I left for home but to later on face the greatest humiliation of my life. I had in the year before forfeited an admission on the premises of not wanting to settle for 'less' - I had been short-changed; I applied for Law, given admission and later changed it to Linguistic. "Is it a crime to aim high and live to achieve great feat?" this question wouldn't let me be after the event of conspicuous disqualification from writing my exams.

Ways to go now posted a great problem to me. Even when I had decided to wait a year more so as to correct the bad precedence, how best to utilise good one year that lies fallow in-between was still a great challenge. But this thought wasn't long before I found a 'way'.

While I was been engaged in a new job, I was as well been 're-dipping' myself into the preparation for the new exam. I watched out for the new exam date and I eventually became first among others to register for the 2016 exam. And at a point, I quieted the job to give needed concentration to the coming tests. The needed concentration here was not 'just' to pass but to pass to the perfect satisfaction.

Thus, efforts intensified. Those areas I knew usually post difficulties, I made stringent decision on them. I read 5hours in the day and 3hours in the night. I knew English Language was never my mother tongue, hence my scheme of work favoured it significantly. Literature-in-English, hmm this, whatever I know on this subject can be adjudged to be self-taught as no one in particular can boast of being my teacher. Yes, you read it right! I was a victim of circumstances back in the days of my secondary education... In my school, we rarely had 'lit' class, science class was favoured in all ramifications. You want to know why? My school was more of faith-based school and of community establishment; we relied solely on NYSC. And throughout my senior studentship, 'we' in the art class were never lucky enough to have a Corp member who could boast of having nitty-gritty of English literature. Ironically, there was a boy that so much love works of art. How can this boy survive this intellectual bankruptcy, I fashioned out means. There was this non-serious class mate, her parents 'blessed' her with all needed materials, but in return, she coursed those 'needed materials', in a nut shell, I'd 'tricked' out this texts from her and 'blessed' them on myself. And this was how I got myself acquainted with literature in English. To my point, I can adjudge myself to be rightly above average in it.

Government was also one of the subjects laid in the waiting for me in the coming exam. Could any of my classmates rubbish my stand on any government topics? Well maybe now that some of them are now studying law in their respective institutions. However, I believe far above average I stand. I taught SS1 & 2 government in my previous teaching job and this wouldn't have become possible if the 4 men-panel set up (2 of whom were PGD holders) to interview me had made otherwise decision. I am utterly confident that government is a subject not only I am well groomed in it, but also love tirelessly.

The last of the 4 subjects was IRK and by the virtue of it being my faith related subject, I felt a sense of familiarity with whatever questions waiting in-line for me from it. Nevertheless, I still needed to read and do some research on its areas I presumed difficult. All of these, to a convincible standard I did.

Fast forward to 9th of March, I was scheduled to sit for exam by 1.30pm, but the 'masters of ceremonies' could not commence the said exams until after 2 hours later. What an irony! This was same length of time I late in the previous year's before I was dismissed from the centre without an atom of sympathy. But in this case, they are the authority and we are the subjects. Would anybody decide stupidly at the detriment of his/her career? I doubt if there's any.

Under the scorching sun students queued. Some for the fear of unknown, would regroup to have glimpse of those likely questions and their answers - the previous entries had come out to gist the incoming ones what years' past questions they should monitor as those ones they had were mostly same past questions. Of course, who wouldn't take it upon himself to getting the master key (studying past questions) to unlock the mystery behind overall 400 points the examiner awards? But there I was with a female colleague who was also indifferent towards the happening, staring at the hanky-pankies the revelation has caused. I remember I told her that I would rather have a test of my IQ than to have a test on my memory. Ofttimes, I have adjudged my intelligent quotient to be around 60-62 percent. Unarguably, I am not extra ordinary in anything but I believe on average basis, I'm above even level. So I can never claim to be overly intelligently.

Everyone was now before his/her machine, expecting the usual shout of 'start' from the MCs. This later came afterall but not until this 'yellow man' had visited my exam room 3 times to check 'if everything is in order'. Of course, virtually everything was in order except the unseen ones which we could not ascertain.

It took unaccounted 15mins after my first click before the questions could roll out; English was by default the first subject, of course, if one so wish, one can start with any of other three subjects - not necessarily you start with English.

The report from the predecessors were actually true. A fashion of 2015 questions at the comprehensive level was staring at me but alas! I had studied another fashion. I looked up to see smiles on my colleagues' faces. Given credence to my thought - "ha! What a day for these people; none of them would have less than 300/400". Oh well, I didn't allow my mind to revolve much on this. I faced my own port of porridge and as my system dishing it out so was my hope being restored.

Less than 15mins to the end of my 2hrs 45mins, I had concluded my exam even though myself and some three male colleagues were left in the room. I suppose we all could understand why that was. 6mins left to finalise my decisions when I suddenly noticed the system shutting down itself. What!? I haven't submitted neither have I checked for the final 4th time I desired to peruse my works again, after all I didn't cram 2015 English past questions. "don't worry, it'll submit itself. You may now leave" was the response I received from behind. Well, since it's been assured that it'd submit itself and having been satisfied with my works, at least to the best of my IQ. Well, I think it's better I listen to him. I left the centre and to locate some faces I knew before we entered including the lady that along side me shunned the past questions snarl became impossible. I would have loved to hear from her how she was able to cope.

At home with my friends, hoping for the 'best' result notification alert when a young brother whom I met at the centre broke the heartbroken news through my phone's earpiece. Guess what the guy got... 177! I couldn't believe my hear instantly. What? But this was a guy, among others, that ardently studied the past questions and was full of live when he came out of the exam room. Subuhanallah! What then should be at stake for us that did not study past questions?

I was lying there envisaging the bad news; my friends would not talk to me because it's been hitherto aggressive from my side. These friends are already in school, it's just coincident that my exams center to be near their school. Night passed no messages on my phone. The tension in me was enough to power the whole FUNAAB community and environs. Hmmm! such was the state I was. Suddenly a pop up came into my phone, it's a WhatsApp chat from a friend in OAU informing me that our results have been released online that I should not expect any text. He didn't say much possibly because he knew what could be at stake for me as well as he later declared to me that a friend of his whom he adjudged 'erudite' had 176 or so.

The tension in me could not allow me to check it myself. And my friends had also left for lectures, I was home alone. I later decided that I send my registration number to the OAU friend to check for me. I did. And he checked.

"congratulations" was his first chat afterwards. This awaken my positive curiosity and some sort of smiles have started reshaping my facial muscles. Not until after he sent the score that I recognised the reason behind his first 'congratulatory' chat. I had initially told him to be careful with the way he would be breaking the news to me as I am prone to a health challenge. Really the guy used his senses otherwise only God knows. The little energy I derived from the guy's prank made me withstood the shock that followed.

All my almighty IQ could deliver was 208 (Eng 60; Lit 68; Govt 46; IRK 36) No! Definitely not! I've been short changed... Oh! This is an assault on my own self...I started shaking, my eyes became misty and I broke down. Just about then I came online to see vituperations from my online colleagues. This actions from these online folks give credence to my stand that we have been short-changed. Either deliberately or not, I wouldn't know, but there are feats beating our chests and calling for justice.

It's to this end I unequivocally request for our answer scripts. I personally want to know and see where answer was supposed to be 'A' but unintelligently I chose 'B', I want to see where I was expected to choose 'C' but my IQ prompted my decision for 'D'. I want to know, I want to see, I want to be convinced against my decisions, I want to be purged out of my invective against what I perceived unjust... I really do want to tame my roaring tantrums against the concerned bodies. I want to exonerate Prof. Dibu-led board against my 'ignorance', please help me.

I call upon all the concerned authorities to publish our answer scripts. To also add a button to the ones in the board's portal that will enable us have at least glimpse of our handiwork. They should have uprightness and ethical dispositions as their watchword.

**I would rather fail with honour than succeed by fraud**

Seun, lalasticlala, fynestboi

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by EasternActivist: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2016
I think jamb should listen to their candidates plight and act accordingly to broker peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:04am On Mar 14, 2016
WHAT IS JAMB?
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by nurez305(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2016
Why not get their email address and forward ur complaint to them so that they can attend to you
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Parkac(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2016
Post UTME screening is fast approaching. If you want to Change your course or institution, endeavour to check first the post-UTME cut off marks for all universities and polytechnics in Nigeria from http://campusportalng.com/jamb-cut-mark-universities-polytechnics-nigeria/
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by KELVIN086: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2016
Ok
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by henrydadon(m): 11:29am On Mar 14, 2016
Prof. Dibu Ojerinde..should be sacked..he should be replaced with a more reliable credible person..since he became jamb chairman it been one woeful tale to an other

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by b0y(m): 11:30am On Mar 14, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by AdemolaA2: 11:31am On Mar 14, 2016
I feel JAMB should have an office annex where complaints and suggestions can be made , reviewed and invariably resolved. Not every one is a cheat.
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by jidez007: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by iameugene(m): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Nothing can be done period

1 Like

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Weytin be this naa ?

Jamb release my result pls
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Gracito(f): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2016
My dear, I don't think there's anything you can do about about it. I thank God you passed 200 at least. Just use the post utme to make up for it. God will guide you. By the way, your use of english is awesome

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by ShakurM(m): 11:35am On Mar 14, 2016
(Eng 60; Lit 68; Govt 46; IRK 36)

'I knew English Language was never my mother tongue, hence my scheme of work favoured it significantly. Literature-in-English, hmm this, whatever I know on this subject can be adjudged to be self-taught as no one in particular can boast of being my teacher. Yes, you read it right!'

You scored 60 and 60+ in the two subjects you didn't really feel confident in. Hmmm

'Government... I believe far above average I stand. I taught SS1 & 2 government in my previous teaching job and this wouldn't have become possible if the 4 men-panel set up (2 of whom were PGD holders) to interview me had made otherwise decision. I am utterly confident that government is a subject not only I am well groomed in it, but also love tirelessly.'

'The last of the 4 subjects was IRK and by the virtue of it being my faith related subject, I felt a sense of familiarity with whatever questions waiting in-line for me from it. Nevertheless, I still needed to read and do some research on its areas I presumed difficult. All of these, to a convincible standard I did.'

You scored 46 and 36 in the subjects you were confident in. This is a case of overconfidence and unconfidence.
Your confidence get as e be o

Baba, no mistake in the script. Move with the 208 or start pricing JAMB form for next year

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by xender(m): 11:35am On Mar 14, 2016
nice write up. I must commend your use of
English. with the way people are complaining its
obvious JAMB did some sh¡t of ,of which they
muss come and clarify.

#RemarkJamb2016.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by centyboy: 11:36am On Mar 14, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Nicepoker(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2016
Messed up nation
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2016
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by helphelp: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2016
Keep pressing
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Fourmatic: 11:40am On Mar 14, 2016
JAMB should remark my script or cancel this examination.
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by leofab(f): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2016
Funny post... Go and meet th lecturer the marked your script to release it and leave jamb alone.. Is it In Their terms and condition that your script will be released to you ??
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2016
Go and prepare for ur post ume
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by olagamalin(m): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2016
Brevity is the soul of wit. ....At the risk of coming across mean and emotionless. Your petition is too lengthy to have an impact or convey a reasonable message.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Slimzjoe(m): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2016
The Intelligent are not the ones who Pass JAMB but the Smart.

After all the Grammar you Try blow for there, I still See Plenty Blunder but, Lemme Just Keep Quiet undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Praizekeyz(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2016
Omo u don buy unwanted market o
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Hawlahscho(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2016
One of my friends too is a victim. sad

I know that nothing can be done.
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by bastien: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2016
Good move
Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by Fourmatic: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2016
People are confessing that they scored higher in subjects they didn't complete or weren't sure of, and JAMB wants me to accept 218 as my score, never!

9th March was a blessed date but Jamb wants to take the favour away from me, it shall never be well with those behind this heartbreaking thing Jamb has done.

Those supporting Jamb will some day become victims of injustice and suppression.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Release My Answer Scripts by augster(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2016
I feel your pain bro
leofab:
Funny post... Go and meet th lecturer the marked your script to release it and leave jamb alone.. Is it In Their terms and condition that your script will be released to you ??
sorry to say ma but it seems you‘re thinking through your anus... What would you do if twas you? Yeye

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ndu Result / FUNAAB Students Plant Trees To Tackle Global Warming (photo) / Nigerian Mathematics Olympiad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.