Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! (3276 Views)

Mokalik Nollywood Movie: Kunle Afolayan Returns With Another Classic Movie / Girl Who Tattooed Davido On Her Hand Cries: "Davido No Remember Me" (Photos) / Remember Agu From Beasts Of No Nation Movie? This Is Him Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
sucks when ur trying to watch a movie in ur past and u cant remember the name

pls help me

what is the name of that nigerian soap opera back in the day

abt a rich family starring alex usifo and clarion chukwuka

cant remember the name but its a series not movie
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
what is the name of that movie where emeka ike saved a rich mans daughter genevieve daughter from her reckless lifestyle ? he fell in love with her and changed her lifestyle
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
whats is the name of the movie where rita dominic fell in love with a poor man desmond elliot who used to work in her fathers compund
her parents refused

so she ran away with desmond elliot
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by lepasharon(f): 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
I think the first one is family ties
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
the movie where jim iyke was a son of a military man
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
Keppy Ekpenyong-Bassey classic movie in the 90s

i think its love without ,. .. .
not love without language tho
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
lepasharon:
I think the first one is family ties
looks nice but its not it

i will check it out
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 2:20am On Mar 17, 2016
the name of the movie

where omotola husband tony umez was never around because of his busy schedule. .and he cldnt get her pregnant also because he was never around
she got lonely n she slept with her gateman
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 17, 2016
The movie chidi mokeme was a rev father who got excommunicated for impregnating his house guest.
What is it?
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
fellis:
The movie chidi mokeme was a rev father who got excommunicated for impregnating his house guest.
What is it?
Wassup?
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by lepasharon(f): 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2016
I also have a film I'm trying to remember.

The movie were Kate henshaw was being molested by her uncle(norbert young). Sola sobowale was the mum
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by allanphash7(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
I love that film like seriously

Nobert young was just taking advantage of her and she later got pregnant i guess

Nobert young was her uncle in the fil
lepasharon:
I also have a film I'm trying to remember.

The movie were Kate henshaw was being molested by her uncle(norbert young). Sola sobowale was the mum
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by lepasharon(f): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
allanphash7:
I love that film like seriously

Nobert young was just taking advantage of her and she later got pregnant i guess

Nobert young was her uncle in the fil

Title pls!
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
onila:
what is the name of that movie where emeka ike saved a rich mans daughter genevieve daughter from her reckless lifestyle ? he fell in love with her and changed her lifestyle
i have found this one smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFpQxxGJAE

1 Like

Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
onila:
the name of the movie

where omotola husband tony umez was never around because of his busy schedule. .and he cldnt get her pregnant also because he was never around
she got lonely n she slept with her gateman
found this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm6uaC8Gp2w
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by lepasharon(f): 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
onila:
i have found this one smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFpQxxGJAE

What year did this come out?
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by safarigirl(f): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
Movie where Saint Obi and Regina Askia were twins separated at birth. Saint became the Ezemmuo and Regina became a Reverend sister
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
I believe it's called "Ripples".

Also had Barbara Soky.

onila:
sucks when ur trying to watch a movie in ur past and u cant remember the name

pls help me

what is the name of that nigerian soap opera back in the day

abt a rich family starring alex usifo and clarion chukwuka

cant remember the name but its a series not movie
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
This one is titled "Festival of fire".

safarigirl:
Movie where Saint Obi and Regina Askia were twins separated at birth. Saint became the Ezemmuo and Regina became a Reverend sister
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I believe it's called "Ripples".

Also had Barbara Soky.

sucks its not online

ripples

it was such a classy show
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
lepasharon:

What year did this come out?
not sure but its quite old
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by safarigirl(f): 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
This one is titled "Festival of fire".

Dignitaries are held hostage in national theatre, which movie?
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
Yep, it was (according to my mom who saw most of it. I only saw few scenes of it in later years as I grew up). I was born around the time Ripples was coming to its close (early 90s...).

Zeb Ejiro wanted to bring it back on-screen couple of years ago but I guess it didn't work out.

onila:
sucks its not online

ripples

it was such a classy show
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hmm.... I can't place a name on this one. Maybe with a little more description I may remember or possibly, I never saw the movie.

So many hostage movies back then. But one in a national theatre with dignitaries? Maybe, just maybe I never saw this one or just can't remember for now.

safarigirl:
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by Eseose9(f): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
safarigirl:

State of Emergency
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by safarigirl(f): 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
Eseose9:

State of Emergency
cc: thesupernerd. Ok, here's another: 6 men selected to visit evil forest to find cure for a curse upon the village. The 6 were: a hunter, a farmer, a flutist, a drunk, a warrior....
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by onila(f): 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yep, it was (according to my mom who saw most of it. I only saw few scenes of it in later years as I grew up). I was born around the time Ripples was coming to its close (early 90s...).

Zeb Ejiro wanted to bring it back on-screen couple of years ago but I guess it didn't work out.

i dont think its the one

i started watching the show ard in the 2000s
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Well, you know they do re-cycle soaps on TV.
It depends on the tv stations.
I think it's Ripples. You can't be speaking of "Checkmate"
onila:
i dont think its the one
i started watching the show ard in the 2000s
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hmm.... Don't think I saw this one.

safarigirl:
cc: thesupernerd. Ok, here's another: 6 men selected to visit evil forest to find cure for a curse upon the village. The 6 were: a hunter, a farmer, a flutist, a drunk, a warrior....
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by safarigirl(f): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hmm.... Don't think I saw this one.
Igodo
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Arrrgghhh.... No wonder. Only heard of Igodo but never saw the movie.

Okay, how about this one?

The president was kidnapped by a group of assasins (and renegades), but it was the president's trusted man who had a team of female (gun and martial arts) combatants that saved the day.

Recall the title?

safarigirl:
Igodo
Re: game- Trying To Remember A Nigerian Classic Movie Thread! by safarigirl(f): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Arrrgghhh.... No wonder. Only heard of Igodo but never saw the movie.

Okay, how about this one?

The president was kidnapped by a group of assasins (and renegades), but it was the president's trusted man who had a team of female (gun and martial arts) combatants that saved the day.

Recall the title?

Nope, don't know it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Munachi Abii Celebrates 50k Instagram Followers With SEXY Pics / Ghanaian Singer, Becca Looking Like An Octopus In This Wowo Photo!!! / Tinubu’s First Daughter Welcomes Her First Child Via Surrogacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.