Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? (17478 Views)

Pss Limited Calling For Interview:who Have Heard Of This Company In Lagos Pls? / Who Knw H.S.A At Karimu Laka St.palace Hall,bus Stop,egbeda Lagos.pls / Guys I Got Message 4m Genesisgroupng To Come 4 Test At VI Lagos Pls Am Afraid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
My friend wants to go for an aviation course. We fit find any one for Lagos?

Thanks
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by adnil: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
Hi,  it depends on what your friend wants to study but landover in ikeja is a good aviation training school. All the best

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by delightful: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
I can train you if you don,t mind.And I can give you good information related to aviation training in and around then world.I have to know what you need then I will tell you how to go about it or I train you if it is within my techical prowess.Call 07061029903 08076001734
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by renheart(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
plz pals. du u guys knw any aviation school offering load master course. ds mnth preferably
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2012
Landover is the best in Nigeria! And you'll be sure of landing a job in an airline if you come out with an excellent result.

Depends on who wants the course, you can actually register for IATA/UFTA courses online, get the textbooks and self tutor. The exams are written twice a year worldwide and you get your certificate from Canada, IATA head office.

Any other degree obtained from "mushroom" aviation schools are useless. You can only work in a "travel agency" with those.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by drumma(m): 1:21am On Sep 08, 2012
ifyalways: Landover is the best in Nigeria! And you'll be sure of landing a job in an airline if you come out with an excellent result.

Depends on who wants the course, you can actually register for IATA/UFTA courses online, get the textbooks and self tutor. The exams are written twice a year worldwide and you get your certificate from Canada, IATA head office.

Any other degree obtained from "mushroom" aviation schools are useless. You can only work in a "travel agency" with those.

you may be right when you say landover is the best atc center in nigeria but pls dnt ever open ur mouth to say they will offer u jobs in the airline industry.... before people start throwing stones at u..... landover will never offer u any thing close to IT talk more of a job.... however if they themselves are recruiting and you apply there are chances they wilk consider u first cos u studied with them but dont mis inform peolle abt landover offfering jobs... im a witness to that cos i did mine with them last year.... gracias

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 2:40am On Sep 08, 2012
^ ^ you lack basic comprehension. Look at you quoting me directly then saying another thing.

If you did any IATA course with landover, graduated with an "excellent" not "pass" result, once an airline is recruiting, landover would recommend you. Now, how you perform in ab interview is entirely up to you.

Getting personal now, what course did you do at landover and what was your IATA result?
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by drumma(m): 2:57am On Sep 08, 2012
Nice to know some people still don't sleep just like me...... well thanks for the sheer knowledge of me lacking basic comprehension and please i only pointed out that you do not raise the hopes of prospective candidate who want perhaps venture into this industry..... we attended LABS with high hopes and the passion for the whole stuffs only for our hopes to be dashed after we learnt that they don't recruit and your recommendation basis is not for all set..... if you're lucky to be doing your program with them at the time an organization is recruiting, then there might be head hunting but saying authoritatively that Landover recruits would be a midlead..... You can call mary and ask her i'll be happy to give you her number..... going back to your question, I passed my IATA EXAM DISTINCTIVELY that's not even a prerequisite cos this industry is for those who got connections..... most people if not all, doing this course find it hard getting a job afterwards and I can tell you even my friend who failed paper 1 is presently working with FAAN.... so my sister lets face the fact we all know how this all goes down... will love to know you though.. do you have IATA YOURSELF?
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 7:31am On Sep 08, 2012
Do you think the world sleeps and wake when you do?have the whole world suddenly gone on 1 time zone?

Did I say landrover recruit? "you'll be sure of landing a good job if you finish with an excellent " result = landover recruits you?
Is landover an airline?

You said you finished fron landover, I never did but I understand if you don't want to answer the question.

Let's forget all that sha and face the
Op's question, which aviation school would you recommend for the OP?
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by drumma(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2012
@IFY, THOUGHT I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION NOT SURE WHICH ONE YOU'RE PIN POINTING AGAIN..... @POSTER IF YOU WANT TO GO FOR ANY AND YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THEN YOU CAN OPT FOR LANDOVER BUT ONE IT NOW IS IM NOT QUITE SURE IF THE NEW INSTRUCTORS CAN BE AS GOOD AS THE LIKES OF MRS DANIELS, MR SEGUN AND ONE OTHER, I REALLY CAN'T RECALL HER NAME BUT I THINK KEMI IS STILL THERE SO YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ISSUES WITH AIR FARES AND TICKETING THAT'S IF SHE'S THE ONE TAKING IT..... OTHERWISE YOU CAN TRY FRONTIER TOO NEVER BEEN THERE BUT HEARD THEY ARE GUD TOO..... ANOTHER POINT IS IF YOU WANNA DO A SELF STUDY FOR YOUR EXAM THEN LANDOVER IS OUT OF IT JUST MAKE YOUR WAY TO FRONTIER... AS OF YESTERDAY LANDOVER IS STILL TRYING TO GET ME INFOS ON DOING A SELF STUDY WITH THEM FOR MY NEXT LEVEL.....

BACK TO YOU PRINCESS IFY WHAT WOULD BE YOUR NEXT LINE OF CRUCIFIXION? TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR INTEREST IN AVIATION AND WHAT CERTIFICATES YOU PROCURE.... AS YOU IGNORED THIS IN MY LAST COMMENT.... GRACIAS
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by drumma(m): 11:00am On Sep 08, 2012
BTW, Landover is an airline and they operate local and chartered flight to some locations not just as big as the likes of DANA, FIRST NATIONS AND OTHER.....
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Why are you using caps?you are probably one of those who "managed to get a distinction" in iata "foundation" course on T&K and now thinks you are an airline. Lol

Landover is Not an airline . Its an aviation company that aside offering aviation course studies, aviation logistics also manage an airline, overland airlines.other companies/ individuals have shares in overland so its not entirely run by landover. 2 different companies, Imo.
Son, I don't know your age but I've been in the aviation world, way before your birth.

@OP, what course do you intend to study? Most peeps are rushing to do ticketing and reservation but the truth is that there are very few jobs for them now. The sector is now revolving and embracing e-ticketing and that means the era of
TRO's are gradually over. If you must do tickeing and reservation, don't just do foundation course and runaway, no airline would employ you! Go all the way to atleast "consultant" course then quickly go for ' Amadeus, sabre and galileo' GDS courses and grab your certificates. If you are Bi lingual, that's another advantage.

I however won't advise anyone to study T&R now for reasons I gave above. Go for other ' frequently sought and equally highled paid positions' like cargo handling, managerial positions and others.

Just so you know, there's no course known as ' air hostess'. Run from any aviation school that offers such course, they are just after your money.

If you are smart, you really have no need to go to any aviation school. Register and pay online, all your coursebooks would be sent via DHL. You study and write your exams! What's more IATA permits you to go into the exam hall with all your textbooks except the world map(an open exams) so you have no reason to fail. Its even objective questions through out, can it get any better than this?lol

Let us know how it goes but bear in mind also that the aviation industry in naija is NOT all that interesting anymore. . . Salary wise. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
Forgive my typos, I'm mobile.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by drumma(m): 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
@ify i really don't know why you are getting quite personal about this issues and i think that's the only part that makes your "dumb" pardon me for saying that... i enjoyed the fact that both of us are contributing here which in one way or the other might help some people asides the OP. But you think making your presence known through ur insults would earn you some grade points? who gives a Bleep if you have spent a million years in the aviation industry. and mind you, I didn't pass my Iata on some fucking t&k or whatever bullshit you have on there i read and prayed my lil butts and God crowned my efforts with glory and that i'll leave the people i helped to testify to..... but if you want some prove you can walk in to Landover and perhaps ask them who Oluseyi is. meanwhile im not in the fighting mood all i seek is flow of money..... btw my questions are yet to be answered please don't neglect them in your next reply and be brave enough to drop your digits, perhaps we can find a resolution thru vocal exchange.... dats if you don't take this to another offensive height!
De-nada

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by renheart(m): 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
@ify: wat du u tink abt basic flight operation and dia chances of get'n job
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by renheart(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
cos am considering it @ land over ds mnth end
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 6:45am On Sep 10, 2012
@renheart, yes, flight operations is a good course to go for.

To be on top of your game, adding a bsc to your CV is not bad and if you intend to go international and earn a much more better pay, you can enlist in a naval school.

Generally speaking, flight operators are more sought than ticketing and reservation officers. With your diploma and an Amadeus background, you can also work as a TRO.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by oubi: 7:20am On Sep 10, 2012
@ drummer or wetin b ūя̲̅ name. Ʊ jst com here to rant amd show-off amidst ūя̲̅ lack of basic comprehension. I can't really get wht ūя̲̅ point is cos Ʊ were beating about d bush.
@ poster. Pls don't listen to dis kinda person cos sentiments beclouds his sense of judgment.

@ ifyalways-- ride on jorr I Ɗƺƴ feel Ʊ! grin grin
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by renheart(m): 4:52am On Sep 11, 2012
@ify: tnks so mch. ill b du'n d@ ds mnth end @ landover. ify plz can u kindly snd me ur number 2ru ds mail plz: renheart2000@yahoo.com Dnt wnt 2 put my number on air. tnkxxx..
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Jumicke: 8:21am On May 27, 2013
[quote author=ifyalways]Why are you using caps?you are probably one of those who "managed to get a distinction" in iata "foundation" course on T&K and now thinks you are an airline. Lol

Landover is Not an airline. Its an aviation company that aside offering aviation course studies, aviation logistics also manage an airline, overland airlines.other companies/ individuals have shares in overland so its not entirely run by landover. 2 different companies, Imo.
Son, I don't know your age but I've been in the aviation world, way before your birth.

@OP, what course do you intend to study? Most peeps are rushing to do ticketing and reservation but the truth is that there are very few jobs for them now. The sector is now revolving and embracing e-ticketing and that means the era of
TRO's are gradually over. If you must do tickeing and reservation, don't just do foundation course and runaway, no airline would employ you! Go all the way to atleast "consultant" course then quickly go for ' Amadeus, sabre and galileo' GDS courses and grab your certificates. If you are Bi lingual, that's another advantage.

I however won't advise anyone to study T&R now for reasons I gave above. Go for other ' frequently sought and equally highled paid positions' like cargo handling, managerial positions and others.

Just so you know, there's no course known as ' air hostess'. Run from any aviation school that offers such course, they are just after your money.

If you are smart, you really have no need to go to any aviation school. Register and pay online, all your coursebooks would be sent via DHL. You study and write your exams! What's more IATA permits you to go into the exam hall with all your textbooks except the world map(an open exams) so you have no reason to fail. Its even objective questions through out, can it get any better than this?lol

Let us know how it goes but bear in mind also that the aviation industry in naija is NOT all that interesting anymore. . . Salary wise. Lol

@ Ify, what about radio telephony. Is it a frequency highly paid job
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 27, 2013
Hi Ify, pls I'll like to know more about the basic flight operations course at Landover aviation. How can one register for the IATA exams please. I'll love to register for it and get materials for the exams. Thanks
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Chocho4real(m): 7:45am On Jul 30, 2013
thinking of doing a course now in aviation but so confused on the actual course to go into. someone should please help me out here
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by adeptniyi(m): 9:55am On Sep 16, 2013
U dont need to be confused, just go to IATA site and browse distance learning courses, it means you opt for a self study, you find aiport,airline operations and other courses for as cheap as $400. There is a centre in lag to write d exams. Dnt mind those course agents they take any opportunity in exploiting people. For more u can call me on 08031506160
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by dhaewood(m): 12:51am On Nov 26, 2013
JUST GOOGLE DHAEWOOD AVIATION BUSINESS SCHOOL THEY ARE THE BEST, RICH MATERIALS CONTENT, THEIR HANDOUTS ARE VERY RICH THEY USUALLY GO DEEP IN ANY COURSE,JUST GOOGLE & CALL THEM
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by omowaleola(f): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=Jumicke post=15921855][/quote]
So what course would you advise someone interested in becoming air hostess to study?
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Kevdee4reel(m): 10:19am On Jul 30, 2015
Ify, how can I contact you biko. I have someone who is interested but is confused about these airline thing. Please

ifyalways:
@renheart, yes, flight operations is a good course to go for.

To be on top of your game, adding a bsc to your CV is not bad and if you intend to go international and earn a much more better pay, you can enlist in a naval school.

Generally speaking, flight operators are more sought than ticketing and reservation officers. With your diploma and an Amadeus background, you can also work as a TRO.
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by ifyalways(f): 7:41am On Aug 02, 2015
Kevdee4reel:
Ify, how can I contact you biko. I have someone who is interested but is confused about these airline thing. Please

Ifyalways at gmail
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by Kaydem(m): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
Any idea on what the salary scale look like (RTO)?
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by sophiatligali(f): 7:31am On Oct 21, 2015
Please can som1 tell me which course to enrol asides ticketing and reservations?I alredi av a Bsc in Econs and want to pursue a career in the travel industry.good advice pleaaaase
Re: Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? by adeptniyi(m): 9:05am On Jun 30, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-EXIT: You Can No Longer Access The Portal, Please Read This / Top 10 Gigs To Offer On Fiverr / Mtn Recruits For Call Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.