Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? (25628 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by popesam1(m): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
He may or maynot woo u, just go there and play smart
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Ayibaba1: 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
It not much about who the man is, but who you are and what you stand for. It is all about you, if you know what i mean!
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by comos: 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
ednut1:
Odikwa risky. Na dis kind man go tell u say am asking for common sex to help u. D ones u gv ur bf nd exes who he don help

true talk.

except the OP na Virgin,

if not, she better know that to get you have to give.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Tunagee(m): 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
Craven:
charmmy

I am not going to advice you to either decline the offer or agree to it. But I am going to tell you this: Most men are animals, and they see no problem in taking 'forcefully' what is not theirs. So it is not a matter of making your 'no' firm or giving sharp responses. It is a matter of seeing trouble and avoiding it entirely.

Now someone has told you to give it a try and never slack in prayers. I find this funny in a way because Nigeria is filled with the most religious people and it has remained one of the most corrupt countries yet. So all the prayers, where do they go?

The fact is this, most men in this country are animals. Say 'no' all you want, pray about it all you want, there are animals disguised as men in this country. Everyone knows this. You know this, and you've seen it. And why you still want to dine with the devil is beyond me. But do what you want, and good luck with whatever decision you make.

im a man right, but i give u 1000 likes for ur comment. Really on point.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
I know all these big men, they can't be trusted. Their way is to keep you perpetually jobless and make you run errands, get busy with house chores just in the name of wanting to help you...
If he wanted to help the best thing would have been to collect your CV and work on it. it's better not to live with them if you need their favour...
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Wowzer(m): 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
Since you have told us he is not a good man, why do you still want to get a job through him? What makes you think you are his type? And do you think the person he might refer you to will not want to Swindle your Fanny.

You already have a biased mind towards him, Why the thoughts of going to live with him?

Is he the only person that can get you a job? Are you saying without him you can't get a job?

Do like other job seekers do...look for job on merit not with connections. Must it be Lagos?

People still get jobs without connection or without even knowing anyone in the city they have chosen to seek job.

Take your job search elsewhere, it doesn't have to be through the man, unless you are hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by thonyokun(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
If I say make I comment, I go abuse the op and I don't wanna do that yet. Shey your papa no get gf? He don Bleep you b4? Common get away from this place.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by zheroes(m): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
charmmy:
I graduated from the university last year, since then finding a job has been tough largely because i live in a small town, now a friend of my Dad, whom my Dad obviously trusts so much, because he is an Elder in his church is telling my Dad to let me come and live with him and his family in Lagos to continue my job search, now i am friends with this mans daughter, but i am skeptical, this so called elder is those type of men who hide under their status to perpetrate evil, he made passes at a young lady i know but he was rebuffed, he is kind of connected and he can help me get a job, but i am not sure he wont betray my dad's trust and start demanding the impossible.

So confused atm.
you sound like someone who if pressured and you see a good job beckoning you will give in. You said he is kind of connected and that statement got me pissed, is he more connected than the almighty God? Or the God that you serve, Bleep it babe!!! If you aren't comfortable with something let it go. Your situation is like that of someone who knows a car doesn't have brake, but because you're in the forest you want to risk it anyway, well I don't know what will happen to you, but chances are that if you decide to abandon that car with a faulty brake some one with a horse might spot you and pick you up, I hope you understand me. That your friend's father may not be your problem but he will link you with his friend, that's how they exchange gaullible girls if you fall for it. I wish you the best anyways
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by bee444: 2:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
charmmy:
I graduated from the university last year, since then finding a job has been tough largely because i live in a small town, now a friend of my Dad, whom my Dad obviously trusts so much, because he is an Elder in his church is telling my Dad to let me come and live with him and his family in Lagos to continue my job search, now i am friends with this mans daughter, but i am skeptical, this so called elder is those type of men who hide under their status to perpetrate evil, he made passes at a young lady i know but he was rebuffed, he is kind of connected and he can help me get a job, but i am not sure he wont betray my dad's trust and start demanding the impossible.

So confused atm.

'All because of a job'?. Why not my lil one? Just get a job. Get a job holding dickk it doesnt matter. As long as it provides food
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nwadiala: 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
You said that he is well connected, abi? he can still get u a job even when u ar not in the same house with him. Moreover, there is another devil called wife in the house
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by gfullmoon(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
onyegwu:
Pls u dont need an advice on this one I beg! U sense fire and u still want to jump inside it. If he is well connected as u said u dont need to come live in his house period. A snap of his fingers u are phoned to come start the job. Enough of all these childish demand of advice. Ur case is jst like giving a rat fish to keep. A word is enough for the wise.
Yea you have just nailed it all. If he is connected like Dangote, BAT, Atiku etc. Just a call or complimentary card will do the work. He can only invite you to Lagos only if he is not connected like she is making us to believe.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
You are not a risk taker hence it may be hard for you. You have not even accepted the offer, you already making assertions that may not be.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by lilyheaven: 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
when you get to the bridge u will find away to cross
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by henryhemon(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
Craven:
charmmy

I am not going to advice you to either decline the offer or agree to it. But I am going to tell you this: Most men are animals, and they see no problem in taking 'forcefully' what is not theirs. So it is not a matter of making your 'no' firm or giving sharp responses. It is a matter of seeing trouble and avoiding it entirely.

Now someone has told you to give it a try and never slack in prayers. I find this funny in a way because Nigeria is filled with the most religious people and it has remained one of the most corrupt countries yet. So all the prayers, where do they go?

The fact is this, most men in this country are animals. Say 'no' all you want, pray about it all you want, there are animals disguised as men in this country. Everyone knows this. You know this, and you've seen it. And why you still want to dine with the devil is beyond me. But do what you want, and good luck with whatever decision you make.

As a man take this advise. Forget that prayer advise,rather stay in your house and pray he helps you. If he wants to help you don't need to be in his house before he helps. It's written all over that he wants to chop you.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by lonelydora: 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
You have to choose between taking the risk and remaining jobless.

If I were in your shoes, pack your bag and head to Lagos. Make sure you make a friend immediately with a guy and let your dad's friend know him as your boyfriend.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by iPrevail(m): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
"Fortune favors the brave ".

I don't care how you chose to understand this, but ye are weak.

Most people are still impoverished or living the low-life because they are not ambitious or daring enough. They don't understand what it means to have a dream and then put in all ye have got to see it become reality.

All the world greats whose names ye sing aloud have at one point in their lives sacrificed something or made a critical decision for the sake of their ambitions or dreams.. They won't let 'nything deter them!

But then again what does a 21st century Nigerian know about dreams or ambitions?? An average Nigerian graduate is an unrepentant mediocre whose only dream is to land for himself a civil job, steal as much fund as he or she can, retire at a pensionable age and then die like an idiot that he or she is.

Op, back to you! Grab ther feckin' bull by ther horns.. face it head on!
You can't be too careful in life, you gotta make em mistakes.. yea, that's right! You not gonna make it outta here alive 'nyways.. so why not risk and take chances, eh?
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
I support your moving to Lagos. There are more opportunities here and you do not hv to travel up and down for interviews/tests (from ur town to Lagos n back). Come but be very careful. Once u get the job, u can rent an apartment alone or with friends if the 'elder' disturbs you. No job is worth cheapening your body for pls. If the job is also one that you have to give your body, run too. Your time will come. Its near already
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Neverquit(f): 4:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
@ charmmy,

You alone can make the final decision. People have given you insights to both sides of the situation.

Make a decision that you can live with...and not regret in the future. If it's staying with the 'elder': can you live with the possibility of sexual harassment? Or staying back home: can you live with the possibility of delayed job/income generating opportunities?
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by numericalguy(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
charmmy:

So confused atm.

You don't have to go and live with him before he can help your job search. All he needs are copies of you credentials and your contact address and phone number. You and your dad should know that.

I don't see the confusion here, or maybe you are not telling is the full story.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by broxymall(m): 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
abeg make i ask you first,
you sure say your boyfriend no de sleep with you
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
Craven:
charmmy

I am not going to advice you to either decline the offer or agree to it. But I am going to tell you this: Most men are animals,
The fact is this, most men in this country are animals.
And you got your statistics from...?
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by vonn(f): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
always lock the door to your room whenever you want to sleep. infact, don't trust him with a glass of wine or juice whenever you're alone with him sef. drugging tinz...lol
effects of naija movies
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Craven: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
MoltenMagma:

And you got your statistics from...?

Where in my post did you see stats? Can you do yourself a favor and not twist my words please? Thank you.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by gegelove: 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Well said you are point.A word is even more than a enough for the wise
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
Craven:

Where in my post did you see stats? Can you do yourself a favor and not twist my words please? Thank you.
It seems you just post without thinking your words through. You said 'most' men. That's a statistic.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Afroconnect: 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
90% of so called big girls in Lagos are busy f-cking old men to pave thier way,its not new.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Craven: 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
MoltenMagma:

It seems you just post without thinking your words through. You said 'most' men. That's a statistic.

And you seem like someone who posts without first understanding anything.

You keep yarning on and on about statistics as if I've stated some sort of graphical representation of my findings from a research study.

I think you're one of those people who think they're on to something brilliant but have absolutely no idea what they are on about.

Some. Most. All.

Quantifiers. Common in English Language. And necessary in giving a clear picture of what you are referring to.

Some Nigerian men are animals.
Most Nigerian men are animals.
All Nigerian men are animals.

Which do you think I should have used? We both know 3. isn't true, and 1. isn't realistic.

"Most" is a quantifier. And my usage of it is perfect. Except if you wish to lie to yourself and stick to the delusion that Nigeria is filled with gentlemen. If that's the case, why do we still hear of men assaulting girls and women? Why do we still hear of physical violence on women? Have you been to Yaba? Do you see how girls are treated when walking in that area? Are those men gentlemen? There are numerous cases of women who have been put through hell by these men, and the only thing you seem to be concerned about is "most". Which I find very funny by the way. I mean, if you don't fall into this category, why are you hurt?

And you were talking about statistics. Do you need statistics to know that girls and women have steadily become victims of these cruel men? Take a look at northern Nigeria where child marriage is seen as a norm. Or in villages where widows are forced to marry men they have no interest in. Take a look at women beaten by their husbands, and girls assaulted my cruel men. With these numerous cases, including those that you never hear about, can you honestly tell me that we have mostly good men in this country. If yes, then you're deluded. Which is actually fine by me because I do not care. I have stated my point, any you only need to be a woman or know a woman who has come across these cruel men to fully understand that the usage of the word "most" is perfect.

Do not bother to respond to this post, I have no further interest in educating you about harsh realities. Good night.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
U do not need to go and stay wit him, all u need to do is to give him ur cv since he is connected, when d job offer is ready then u can go to lagos to start workin, even as u r workin start savin for ur accomodation
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by olayinkaayinde(m): 3:19am On Mar 17, 2016
And you are expecting advice even when the man has not make any pass at you. You better stay focused and not distract yourself with self negative thoughts
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Craven:

You keep yarning on and on about statistics as if I've stated some sort of graphical representation of my findings from a research study.

I think you're one of those people who think they're on to something brilliant but have absolutely no idea what they are on about.

Some. Most. All.

Quantifiers. Common in English Language. And necessary in giving a clear picture of what you are referring to.

Which do you think I should have used? We both know 3. isn't true, and 1. isn't realistic.

"Most" is a quantifier. And my usage of it is perfect. Except if you wish to lie to yourself and stick to the delusion that Nigeria is filled with gentlemen. If that's the case, why do we still hear of men assaulting girls and women? Why do we still hear of physical violence on women? Have you been to Yaba? Do you see how girls are treated when walking in that area? Are those men gentlemen? There are numerous cases of women who have been put through hell by these men, and the only thing you seem to be concerned about is "most". Which I find very funny by the way. I mean, if you don't fall into this category, why are you hurt?

And you were talking about statistics. Do you need statistics to know that girls and women have steadily become victims of these cruel men? Take a look at northern Nigeria where child marriage is seen as a norm. Or in villages where widows are forced to marry men they have no interest in. Take a look at women beaten by their husbands, and girls assaulted my cruel men. With these numerous cases, including those that you never hear about, can you honestly tell me that we have mostly good men in this country. If yes, then you're deluded. Which is actually fine by me because I do not care. I have stated my point, any you only need to be a woman or know a woman who has come across these cruel men to fully understand that the usage of the word "most" is perfect.

Do not bother to respond to this post, I have no further interest in educating you about harsh realities. Good night.
You talk too much, that's the problem. You write epistles that are way off tangent. With the long story you wrote you didn't back any of it with factual figures. I mean, ill treatment of women in the north automatically makes 'most' Nigerian men animals? You even repeated it: most men are animals... I don't know the kind of men you have been hanging around but you really need to change the company you keep.

C'mon, use your brain and Learn to think before typing instead of making fallacious generalisations.

That's a friendly advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by 4lorunsho(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
just do what is right and pray more wink
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by tpiah2: 5:09am On Mar 24, 2016
Craven:

Some. Most. All.

do you realise you are responding to a lunatic?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Custodian Life Assurance Ltd Interview Invite / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK / Nigerian Army Opens Application Portal For Direct Short Service Course 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.