Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? (3854 Views)

Nigerian Peace Corps Recruitment 2017 Application Form| How To Apply For 2017 P / BREAKING NEWS: Senate Passed Nigerian Peace Corps (NPC) Bill Into Law. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by sidimaruf: 3:32am On Mar 16, 2016
I want to relate my experience about Nigerian peace corps with you people.

I heard about Nigeria peace corps recruitment. I took the form for the Nigerian peace corp recruitment for N1,500. They told us the federal government would approve them soon and they would be a body under the federal government, right now they are still NGO. I also learnt about one bill which has passed the second reading at the senate.

Later on, they told us to pay N45,000 for training (the said amount does not cover feeding and maintenance expenses at the camp). They told us we can pay in parts and make the rest of the payment after camp training. I managed to pay N30,000 as first payment.

Some of us are workers, so we approached the camp commandant in my state that is there a way we could manage our work/businesses with the camp training. He told us to upgrade our payment to N40,000 first grin grin grin, then we can report to camp on Fridays and return to our homes on Sundays to resume at our work/business place on Monday. The arrangement seems ok to us.

Later on they announced one weekend at the camp that we trainees are required to pay for a biodata form which will cost us another N5,000, and that its mandatory, that failure to obtain the bio-data form will amount to denial from the peace corp undecided undecided. Infact we are still expected to make some payments that would eventually amount to N60,000 (including the 45,000 training fees).

So, in my own opinion, i think the Nigerian peace corp are just there to make money out of desperate unemployed/underemployed Nigerians. I hope the federal government pass the said bill into law soon because that is what pushed most of us in taking the recruitment form.

1 Like

Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by Bugatie(m): 3:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by ministeriallist: 3:47am On Mar 16, 2016
OP, Who is "they"? Please be specific. What state and who is the commandant? Expose whoever wants to scam you. You might save many people from this scam.
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by ademega(m): 4:31am On Mar 16, 2016
it happened all over Nigeria.
i think around this time last year. the 40k is for kits which were fake at the end of the day, individual had to go sew another one. funny enough most people paid this amount to an individual account number. they have been asking them to. wait till the passage of the bill establishing them. for how long?
Mr president please see to this.
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by princemillla(m): 4:37am On Mar 16, 2016
Thank God I didnt applied..... I almost took this peace Corp thing. Na one guy on this forum save my ass after narrating his ordeal with peace Corp

1 Like

Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by dominique(f): 8:05am On Mar 16, 2016
Who are these peace corps? I doubt they're affiliated with the government in any way. I keep maintaining that any recruitment that involves paying money is most likely a fraud. The first red flag was the personal account you were asked to pay into. A whole peace corps organization does not have a cooperate account? Stop indulging these fraudsters, don't let your desperation get the best of you.
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by benzion72(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2016
When my younger brother told me about this I told him expressly it is a scam. But he will not listen until he shell out every dime he has
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by yassjib: 12:23am On Mar 22, 2016
may God safe this country

1 Like

Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by sidimaruf: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Pls can anyone share the latest news about the Nigeria peace corps.
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by shegaino: 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
please a friend of mine who registered in NPC state head office in oshogbo, Osun state said they were asked to pay the 41k for training by hand instead of in the bank, please is this genuine?. Please i need your response
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by obinna002: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
It should be bank, but if they want them to pay by hand, then it should at there head office in oshogbo.
shegaino:
please a friend of mine who registered in NPC state head office in oshogbo, Osun state said they were asked to pay the 41k for training by hand instead of in the bank, please is this genuine?. Please i need your response
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by sidimaruf: 9:49am On Jan 05, 2017
obinna002:
It should be bank, but if they want them to pay by hand, then it should at there head office in oshogbo.

Be warned!. Let the govt sign the bill b4 u part with ur money. And ofcourse you wont need to part with any money when the givt starts recruiting
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by sidimaruf: 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
How market galant officers grin grin
Re: Is This Another Scam By The Nigerian Peace Corps? by sidimaruf: 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
sidimaruf:
How market galant officers grin grin
Is moorah still High cheesy

(1) (Reply)

DPR Experienced Hire Recruitment PROFILE TAMPERING / Training Leverage For Job Seeker / Genuine Recruitment Agencies In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.