Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

6 Steps (before Quitting Your Day Job) To Build Future Consulting Career - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Steps (before Quitting Your Day Job) To Build Future Consulting Career (392 Views)

From No Job To 3 Job Offers (success Story) / My One Day Job Experience In Lagos- / 4 Lessons I Learned From Quitting My Job With No Back-up Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Steps (before Quitting Your Day Job) To Build Future Consulting Career by okpiewon(m): 6:10am On Mar 16, 2016
The sales cycle for consulting can be long, so it is easiest if you start planning for your consulting career while you are still working. That means extra work on evenings and weekends for planning, marketing, and developing your profile

—not necessarily starting consulting assignments. If you do start doing consulting work while you are still employed, make sure you are not breaking any rules or obligations with your current employer.
All the following things are easily done while you are still working and will help to kick-start your consulting career.

1. Decide on your niche
Before you even start consulting, you need to decide on your specialty and understand the market. There is no sense consulting in an area where you can’t make a living.
If you are a one-person consulting company, you shouldn’t and probably can’t do everything. So what areas do you have both an interest and background in to begin consulting? It may only be one aspect of what you do in your day job. Since credibility is important in consulting, it must be something you can justify and support based on your past work experience. If you can’t show expertise and experience in your consulting niche, you won’t be able to sell your services to others.
When deciding on your niche, research the competition, talk to potential customers, and get an idea about what you are up against and whether you can compete and get your share of the business. This is basically market research and is an essential first step.

ckick the link fo full article

http://www.sarakinews.com/2016/03/6-steps-before-quitting-your-day-job-to.html

(1) (Reply)

Article Writers Wanted / Your Business Can Go A Long Way / Please Help! I Need Job In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.