Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

After Medical School, What Next? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After Medical School, What Next? (3979 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Resume Work After Medical Examination / Just Graduated From Medical School,what Are М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Options / Back To Nigeria After Medical School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Medical School, What Next? by riyah: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2009
good day,

I am a 5th year medical student and i'm kind of confused with ideas of what's next after med. school. Please i'll be glad if a senior colleague be of help and please advice me comprehensively on what are my options after finishing from medical school. I want to start planning ahead, it's just a year and a hlaf to go.
Thanx
Re: After Medical School, What Next? by phantom(m): 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2009
Poverty, Lol welcome to the club in advance.

1 Like

Re: After Medical School, What Next? by mayorking(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2009
Hello Dear,
I will congratulate you for having the insight to ask the right question. Well you have to get your M.B.B.S first. After that you have the housemanship. If I were you, I will be saving for my masters degree immediately.If you have people who can sponsor you, you can go abroad to get a masters degree in MPH, Reproductive Health or any other relevant area. As such you have placed yourself in good stead to get the good international jobs, W.H.O job or World Bank Job. If still want to do residency you can then go ahead, but you would have improved yourself. first.
I wish you the best. If you are interested in further advise ,just let me know on this forum.

1 Like

Re: After Medical School, What Next? by Ak47storm(f): 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2009
'M also a med student in my 4th yr nd i dont kno if its advisable 2do residency 1st b4 mph, Pls i like 2kno which option weighs mor nd opportunities available. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Chartered Institute Of Treasury Management In Nigeria / Tony Elumelu Slavery Master / PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.