Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

Exposed - Secret Juju Behind Leciester City's EPL Success - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Exposed - Secret Juju Behind Leciester City's EPL Success (955 Views)

Arsenal Vs Leciester City Preview: History Favouring Arsenal / Leciester Vs Chelsea 7:45 Pm Live (2-4) / See The Inspirational Story Of Leciester City Striker Jamie Vardy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed - Secret Juju Behind Leciester City's EPL Success by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Leicester City currently sits at the top of the English Premier League, five points clear of second-placed Tottenham Hotspurs to the surprise of experts who had tipped it for relegation at the beginning of the season.

How the club managed to go all the way to the top had remained a shocker for many football analysts until now that Leicester’s secret weapon has finally been revealed.
According to reports in The Sun UK on Tuesday, a Buddhist monk who hands out lucky charms and blesses the pitch has claimed responsibility as the secret weapon behind the Foxes’ being on the brink of an extraordinary title triumph.

Phra Prommangkalachan posing for pictures with Leicester City flag at his temple in Thailand.
Thai Buddhist monk, Phra Prommangkalachan and several of his colleagues have been visiting Leicester’s King Power Stadium for the past three seasons to bless the pitch and hand out lucky charms to the players. And the good karma being spread is having an effect on the playing squad, he says.
“I hang some amulets on their necks and I gave them these fabric talismans.
“I’m not sure if they understood what I explained to them about it, but they knew that it would bring them luck,” 64-year-old Prommangkalachan said.

The connection is that Leicester is owned by Thai duty-free magnate Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, a billionaire, devout Buddhist and a big believer in karma. He facilitated all the religious processes. Prommangkalachan said:

“He brought monks there to pray for auspiciousness and luck in the game, for the management team and the players.”Although initially the visits may have seemed strange to the Leicester players, but the sight of a monk approaching them with gifts is now one of familiarity.
Prommangkalachan said:

“They were glad to see the monks going there. They greeted us and joined the ceremony very well. Even though we’re of different religions, we are close to one another like good friends.”
And the squad possess the “stamina and strong mind to play and keep fighting hard” according to the monk. Speaking to AFP, Prommangkalachan added:

“The team will be the number one in the Premier League this year for sure.”A Buddhist monk wearing sacred amulets over a Leicester jersey for good luck.
The Sun UK

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2016/03/15/21339152/the-bizarre-secret-behind-leicesters-fairytale-title-bid

www.oyinkis.com

Re: Exposed - Secret Juju Behind Leciester City's EPL Success by tsephanyah(f): 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
juju
Re: Exposed - Secret Juju Behind Leciester City's EPL Success by bankyblue(m): 7:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Chelsea will employ that monk as a couch next season,
Re: Exposed - Secret Juju Behind Leciester City's EPL Success by mymadam(m): 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
undecided I for say make dem give Super Eagles de amulets too. But I sabi our boys wella, de tin nor go work. Too much negativity around de NFF & Co. Somehow, we go qualify for AFCON 2017 sha. Dat one na banker, juju or no juju!

(1) (Reply)

Which Paid Tipster Website Is The Best / 6 Things You Should Learn From The Sudden Deaths Of Coaches Keshi And Amodu / See How Demba Ba Broke His Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.