Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Unending Furore Over Jamb’s CB Tests - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unending Furore Over Jamb’s CB Tests (552 Views)

Nigerians Reacts Over JAMB 2017/2018 Cut-off Mark. / Pls Help Over Jamb Issue / Ojerinde's Victory Over Jamb’s Most Dreaded Monster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unending Furore Over Jamb’s CB Tests by abagram(m): 6:27am On Mar 17, 2016
“Dibu must go. Dibu must never return to JAMB again. Dibu give me my result. I don’t want extra 40 marks, Dibu, give me my real result. Dibu, you cannot toy with our future, release my results. You are too old to lead the Board at 71.’’ Those were some of the words written on placards which hundreds of JAMB candidates carried on Tuesday at the State House of Assembly, Alausa, Lagos State.
The frustrated JAMB candidates had gathered in a peaceful protest at Maryland around 8am and marched to the House of Assembly, chanting, ‘’Dibu must go.’’ The protesters said their choice of the House of Assembly as focal point, is to enable the law makers convey their plight to the federal government.
At the protest which was monitored by Vanguard, candidates alleged that the JAMB registrar, Professor Dibu Ojerinde, had added and deducted scores of candidates at his discretion.
Scores before the examination
According to them, some candidates who sat for the examination on April 27 and 29 when JAMB was test running the system, had low scores which was later upgraded by adding 40 marks.
They said that despite of the 40 marks, their scores were below 200. Some others complaints that the results they earlier received were withdrawn and replaced with another. While some others have not received their results till date.
One of the protesters added; “He added 40 marks in the first week and deducted 100 marks in the following.” They also alleged that there were cases where some students received scores before writing the examination.

Read more:http://www.abagram.com/2016/03/unending-furore-over-jambs-cb-tests.html

(1) (Reply)

ESEP Le Berger Universitycotonou Benin Republic Admission Portal For 2016 / 10 Sets Of Students You Would Have Met At The University In Nigeria / The Voice Of The Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.