Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate (13417 Views)

Buy Your Raw Cashew Nuts / Avoid Container Rain During Sea Transport With Desiccant Bags/moisture Condensat / 2016 Cashew Nut Needed 45-50 KOR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by keoplus(m): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2016
The raw cashew nuts business is booming in all fonts, coupled with the falling price of oil in international market. If you are new in this business most agent with cheat you by claiming a KOR(Kernel Out-turn Ration or Output Ratio) that their nuts cannot offer.

The Testing of nuts to get the nut counts, defective ratio, KOR and more follows a technical process.

You will need some basic equipment to carry out this test, necessary equipment needed are as follows:

i. Scissors or cutter
ii.Needle
iii. Bowls (4 Bowls of different colours)
IV. Weighing scale (Electronic)
v. 1 Kg sample of the nuts you want to buy (Random collection of nuts from bags or from multiple of bags based on the purchase size)

Once you have these things then you are ready to carry out your test.

1. NUT COUNT

From the 1kg sample you picked randomly from bags, count how many nuts you have in that 1kg. This is your nut count.

2. MOISTURE

You can carry out the hand press (press the nut hard, if you see liquid from it then its not well dried) if not then you are good, you can buy the stock

or

Take a bunch of the nuts in your palms, make your palms like you want to pray with the nuts inside, then shake properly. If you get a weak sound then its not properly dried but if you get the sound of well dried nuts then u are good.

or

Get your moisture testing device grin

DEFECTIVE RATE AND KOR

These two are the father and mother of the test.

The KOR

Take the 1kg nuts, cut open with the scissors to show show the kernels, skin and shell.

once open separate the kernels based on good, spotted, stunted growth and bad (in the various bowls), make sure you scrub the kernel and the testa(skin) together into the bowls.

once done separating, weigh the good nuts and record whole, take the spotted and stunted nuts together (i.e after removing the kernel with testa), weigh and the result you get must be divided by 2. The bad nuts would not be weighed or even separated because its not useful for KOR calculation. Add the weigh from the good nuts to the weigh of the spotted and stunted nuts. The answer you get would be multiplied by 0.176 and that is your KOR. wink

Hope have been able to teach nairalanders one or two things today. With what i have shown you today sellers should not tell you specs that you cant verify. SGS, Veritas (testing/control outfit) e.t.c this is how they do their KOR no other way. No let them they scam you abeg.

If you need someone to carry out on the spot test before buying, you can contact me. You bear the transport cost to and fro and a little something for me to hold body. grin

For one on one training and other related matters regarding cashew, please feel free to contact me.

You can reach me on 08030753212
email: kingumu@gmail.com

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by tendercruise(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2016
Thanks man I need improved seeding for planting I got 48 plot I want to plant on

1 Like

Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by keoplus(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
You can contact research institutes on agricultural produce for better seedlings that yields well in our weather and the soil of the area you intend to farm. Happy planting my brother. Good cashew trees should start yielding fruits in 2-3 years and you can start making your millions that soon.

tendercruise:
Thanks man I need improved seeding for planting I got 48 plot I want to plant on
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by EXPORTFINANCE: 9:53am On Apr 08, 2016
I need cashew nuts in stock only!...load and pay basis only!!...call 08026225888 wattzapp: 08077881934
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by keoplus(m): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
EXPORTFINANCE:
I need cashew nuts in stock only!...load and pay basis only!!...call 08026225888 wattzapp: 08077881934

Currently we are out of stock. Its difficult sourcing for the nuts now because the price is really roof high.
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by keoplus(m): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
Currently we are out of stock. Its difficult sourcing for the nuts now because the price is really roof high.

EXPORTFINANCE:
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by Ephiezy4real(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
am in need of cashew nuts up to 1,000kg. KOR 48 and above
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by keoplus(m): 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ephiezy4real:
am in need of cashew nuts up to 1,000kg. KOR 48 and above
1000kg is just one ton, it's not even up to a trailer load. It shows that you are either new to the business or you just want someone to call you. If you need information send me a mail or call me. Best of the day to you.
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by tayoxx(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
keoplus:
1000kg is just one ton, it's not even up to a trailer load. It shows that you are either new to the business or you just want someone to call you. If you need information send me a mail or call me. Best of the day to you.
good evening... pls I'll b needing more insight in this cashew nut thing...I would love to well informed about it
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by Ephiezy4real(m): 7:36am On Mar 13, 2017
keoplus:

That's an error. l meant 1k ton
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by keoplus(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2017
What is it you would like to know ? you have my mail and mobile. You can either send me a mail, call or chat me up on whatsapp i will be glad to give necessary insight. Best of the day.
tayoxx:
good evening... pls I'll b needing more insight in this cashew nut thing...I would love to well informed about it
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by keoplus(m): 8:11am On Mar 13, 2017
1 ton delivered to Lagos goes for about 670k - 750k depending on the region. Though you can still get 550k if you source from the location yourself, dry and sort before transporting.
Ephiezy4real:

That's an error. l meant 1k ton
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by sotimonpe(m): 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
Thanks for the information please which part of Nigeria have good cashew nut
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by erickjany: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2018
@Sotimonpe. The best place that u can get good
quality cashew nut is in Lafia Nasarawa or Ogbomosho
Let me know for your good quality cashew nut. am in Lafia Nasarawa. I have more than 1000 tons for supply.
Whattsapp me on 07086874814
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by Clembos: 4:41am On Feb 25, 2018
@sotimonpe. One of the best place to get good quality cashew is ogbomosho.

Contact if you need:whatsapp +2348093996057.
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by Clembos: 5:59pm On May 03, 2018
Commodity : Raw Cashew Nuts (Sun Dried)
Season : New crop / 2018
Quantity : Base on Request
SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Quality: Out Turn Rate 48LBS to 50LBS
i)Moisture: 8 to 10% maximum
ii) Foreign Matters: 0.5% maximum
c) Nut count: 180 to 200 nuts/Kg.
Packaging : New jute bags of 80 kg.
PACKING: 20FT Dry container (16 MT) or 40 FT Container (25 MT)
Delivery : FOB / CNF LAGOS
+2348093996057

1 Like

Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by grabben: 11:46am On May 04, 2018
keoplus:
The raw cashew nuts business is booming in all fonts, coupled with the falling price of oil in international market. If you are new in this business most agent with cheat you by claiming a KOR(Kernel Out-turn Ration or Output Ratio) that their nuts cannot offer.

The Testing of nuts to get the nut counts, defective ratio, KOR and more follows a technical process.

You will need some basic equipment to carry out this test, necessary equipment needed are as follows:

i. Scissors or cutter
ii.Needle
iii. Bowls (4 Bowls of different colours)
IV. Weighing scale (Electronic)
v. 1 Kg sample of the nuts you want to buy (Random collection of nuts from bags or from multiple of bags based on the purchase size)

Once you have these things then you are ready to carry out your test.

1. NUT COUNT

From the 1kg sample you picked randomly from bags, count how many nuts you have in that 1kg. This is your nut count.

2. MOISTURE

You can carry out the hand press (press the nut hard, if you see liquid from it then its not well dried) if not then you are good, you can buy the stock

or

Take a bunch of the nuts in your palms, make your palms like you want to pray with the nuts inside, then shake properly. If you get a weak sound then its not properly dried but if you get the sound of well dried nuts then u are good.

or

Get your moisture testing device grin

DEFECTIVE RATE AND KOR

These two are the father and mother of the test.

The KOR

Take the 1kg nuts, cut open with the scissors to show show the kernels, skin and shell.

once open separate the kernels based on good, spotted, stunted growth and bad (in the various bowls), make sure you scrub the kernel and the testa(skin) together into the bowls.

once done separating, weigh the good nuts and record whole, take the spotted and stunted nuts together (i.e after removing the kernel with testa), weigh and the result you get must be divided by 2. The bad nuts would not be weighed or even separated because its not useful for KOR calculation. Add the weigh from the good nuts to the weigh of the spotted and stunted nuts. The answer you get would be multiplied by 0.176 and that is your KOR. wink

Hope have been able to teach nairalanders one or two things today. With what i have shown you today sellers should not tell you specs that you cant verify. SGS, Veritas (testing/control outfit) e.t.c this is how they do their KOR no other way. No let them they scam you abeg.

If you need someone to carry out on the spot test before buying, you can contact me. You bear the transport cost to and fro and a little something for me to hold body. grin

For one on one training and other related matters regarding cashew, please feel free to contact me.

You can reach me on 08030753212
email: kingumu@gmail.com

Click on the first link on my signature to get the contemporary dynamics of cashew nuts export to avoid getting defrauded by the foreign buyers.
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by nou143428643: 2:24pm On May 22, 2018
I have a buyer for u whatapp me 07058691162
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by judessy(m): 4:47pm On May 22, 2018
i have 1 ton raw cashew nuts remaining for sale and i have 3000 tons shipped to Lagos by 6th June,2018.

Interested firm or individual can contact me on whats app,call or text on +234 803 241 4198 and email is judessy247@gmail.com

We have the capacity to deliver or supply up to 5000 tons of raw cashew to any interested buyer.

thanks,

Jude
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by EXPORTFINANCE: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
CAN YOU DELIVER TO LAGOS WAREHOUSE AT A VERY COMPETITIVE PRICE?......

Hello Cashew Nut suppliers,

We are taking RCN 2020 crop in our Lagos Warehouse.

Supplier should take note of this specification:
Moisture not more than 10%
KOR - 48-50+lbs
NC- 190+

Payment on delivery after weight inspection and quality testing.

For Price confirmation...
Please call: 08037171978
08077881934 (WhattApp)

1 Like

Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by EXPORTFINANCE: 9:23am On Jan 13, 2020
2020 season loading..... we want 100 trucks of dried raw cashew nuts ...53+ kor, 160-175 nut count...payment immediately @ delivery to Lagos Warehouse....serious suppliers only!... call 08037171978, 08077881934 (whatsapp)
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by EXPORTFINANCE: 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
We want dried raw cashew nuts 2020!....
Cash on Delivery only!....
08077881934 (whats-app)
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by mcknowles: 9:52am On Feb 19, 2020
For 2020 raw cashew nut, please order with us on see and buy basis. Our warehouse is at iseyin, Oyo state.
Mcagric Farms.
Mcagricinternational@gmail.com
0 7 0 6 5 31 44 00 WhatsApp.
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by ublight: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
hello.

Anybody home?
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by PromiseEmeka(m): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hello good day people.
Am new to this cashew business and I have up to two trailer loads ( old crop and new crop is available) for sale...
I need serious buyers.
You will need to come down to my area ( Ankpa) kogi state for inspection and purchase and payment.

Meanwhile, don't bug me yet with tests to carry out, I might not know how to do them well,,, you will do them yourself at point of inspection.

Call me or Whatsapp me for pricing and further I inquiries
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by Nobody: 6:33am On May 12, 2021
Hi, what's the going rate for cashew nut Lee ton now and where can I get best price and quality please?
Re: How To Test Your Raw Cashew Nuts For Kor,nut Count,moisture Level,defective Rate by dandylass: 11:15am On May 13, 2021
Then if it is not ogbomosho can other places yield good fruit like East?

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of An Okro Farmer / Why Ogbomosho Is The Best Location To Site Your Farm. / Rice Farmers, Others To Access Bill Gate's $30bn Agriculture Grant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.