Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

'yellow Fever' Removes Driver's Teeth Over N50 Bribe - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'yellow Fever' Removes Driver's Teeth Over N50 Bribe (541 Views)

Man Carries Another Man With His Teeth In Nsukka, Enugu (Video, Photo) / Man Lifts Bag Of Cement With His Teeth? (Photos) / Labourer Carries Bag Of Cement With His Teeth In Lagos(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'yellow Fever' Removes Driver's Teeth Over N50 Bribe by MynaijaReality(m): 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
A traffic warden, popularly called 'Yellow Fever', identified as Sunday Charles, showed that he could match a stubborn motorist fist for fist when he engaged the driver in a fight at the Omole bus stop on Oba Ogunnusi Road in the Ojodu area of Lagos State, and in the end, he knocked off three teeth in the driver's mouth.

According to eye witnesses, the cause of the fight was that the driver, identified as Kingsley, refused to part with the sum of N50 that the traffic wardens demanded from him and instead, engaged them in a fight.

It was learnt that the bus driven by Kingsley, was stopped by a team of traffic wardens at the junction, the usual demand was made for him to 'drop' the 'Roger' but he proved stubborn and he was allegedly beaten up by the team which ended in Charles removing his teeth.

Some passengers in the bus narrated that at about 11.30am, Charles, who was with three female officers and four officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, had stopped Kingsley’s vehicle at the junction and the traffic warden allegedly demanded N50 from the motorist before he could let him go.

Trouble, however started when Kingsley claimed that he had earlier given N50 to the warden, adding that he would not give him another until evening.

Charles, who allegedly insisted on collecting the money, was said to have dragged Kingsley down from the vehicle and punched him in the face, during which the motorist’s three teeth fell off.

Speaking on the assault, the driver said:

“I am a commercial driver. The warden stopped me about 8am and I gave him N50. So, I was surprised when he asked me again.

I was going towards Agidingbi Road when he stopped me. He demanded another N50. I refused, saying he should wait till evening. He dragged me from the bus and started punching him on my face.

My mouth started bleeding. I realised three of my front teeth had fallen off. So, I grabbed his uniform. People bundled him inside my vehicle and said I should take him to the police station.

His colleagues and LASTMA officials stood away during the altercation because he did not listen to them. I suspect the warden was drunk because of the way he dragged me from my vehicle.”

http://www.mynaijareality.com/2016/03/yellow-fever-removes-drivers-teeth-over.html

Re: 'yellow Fever' Removes Driver's Teeth Over N50 Bribe by bluaero(m): 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
which way naija
Re: 'yellow Fever' Removes Driver's Teeth Over N50 Bribe by Bimiafashion(f): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lobatan. Sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Seun, Tell Your Boys To Unban Me / Nigeria General Overseer Receives 2014 Rolls Royce Customized Phantom As Birthda / Take A Look At This Very Funny Pixs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.