Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? (513 Views)

Why Are All Humans So Wicked? / Why You Shouldn't Rejoice When A Wicked Man Dies / Why Are We So Wicked And Sinful In Nigeria In Spite Of Our Deep Religiosity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? by ubiR(f): 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Pls nairalanders, I need genuine and sincere solution. My hubby and I moved into a new apartment last year September. The place was under going reconstruction when we paid and the agent told us within three weeks it will be completed. NB: we searched for a place for months before we found this one and due to we didn't want to renew our rent in the old place, we had to move out. After 3weeks the place had not been finished and the agent started telling us stories even the flat had outstanding bill of which he told us he was on his way to pay. (Our fault was that we believed him as a very close friend of ours directed us to the place) we forceful moved into the place to avoid stories that touches the heart although by then we had started requesting they gave us back our money, of which was futile.
Up until now, this people haven't paid the outstanding bill of 261k. Prepaid meter has been brought to us and immediately the unit given finishes we are in darkness. Am due to deliver soon and I need the light seriously. We are hearing that the landlady abandoned the building and so tenants don't pay rent and she will ask them to leave without paying up, although before we moved in we asked around and they said the lady doesn't have any problem but now we hear stories about her. The light issue isn't peculiar to us alone, as two more people have paid but one hasn't moved in since Nov cos of the light issue and they don't want to pay them back their money. Pls what do experts here advice we do? tnks
Re: Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? by vooks: 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
ubiR:
Pls nairalanders, I need genuine and sincere solution. My hubby and I moved into a new apartment last year September. The place was under going reconstruction when we paid and the agent told us within three weeks it will be completed. NB: we searched for a place for months before we found this one and due to we didn't want to renew our rent in the old place, we had to move out. After 3weeks the place had not been finished and the agent started telling us stories even the flat had outstanding bill of which he told us he was on his way to pay. (Our fault was that we believed him as a very close friend of ours directed us to the place) we forceful moved into the place to avoid stories that touches the heart although by then we had started requesting they gave us back our money, of which was futile.
Up until now, this people haven't paid the outstanding bill of 261k. Prepaid meter has been brought to us and immediately the unit given finishes we are in darkness. Am due to deliver soon and I need the light seriously. We are hearing that the landlady abandoned the building and so tenants don't pay rent and she will ask them to leave without paying up, although before we moved in we asked around and they said the lady doesn't have any problem but now we hear stories about her. The light issue isn't peculiar to us alone, as two more people have paid but one hasn't moved in since Nov cos of the light issue and they don't want to pay them back their money. Pls what do experts here advice we do? tnks

Common sense 101
1. Don't move into an incomplete dig imagining it will be completed ONCE you get in
2. Should you be compelled to flout rule #1, ensure you can live with the unfinished job
3. To answer your question, they are mean so they can provoke you to think and get your own place
4. Nairaland is full of strangers, get a friendly shoulder to cry on, crying in public is bad manners
5. Stay blessed
Re: Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? by PastorSammy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
This case is ZERIOUS. The permanent solution is have your own house. A temporal solution is to be patient.
Re: Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? by odimbannamdi(m): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
This is why i always insist on "cash and carry"! No matter how desperate you are, try to resist the urge of paying for an uncompleted house as chances of hearing stories later on is very high.

Endeavour to seek legal redress. It is well
Re: Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? by odimbannamdi(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
This is why i always insist on "cash and carry"! No matter how desperate you are, try to resist the urge of paying for an uncompleted house as chances of hearing stories later on is very high.

Re: Why Are Landlords So Wicked And Heartless? by ubiR(f): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
odimbannamdi:

wasn't uncompleted.... was trying to repair damages

(1) (Reply)

Where Is PAGAN9JA ?? / Is It Wrong For A Catholic Priest To Dance With A Masquarade? / delete this post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.