Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:11 PM

How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? (28934 Views)

Can You Translate These English Words To Your Language? / Can You Translate 'Messiah' In Your Mother Tongue? / Can you translate this Colours In Your Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by TheSeeker(m): 2:13am On Jul 25, 2009
Hip = Bara
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 25, 2009
TheSeeker:

Hip = Bara
Bara? I've never heard that before.
Okiez, thanks
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by WildOne(f): 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2009
oyinda.:

Penis=aloy
Vagina= emeka

grin

Lwkmd
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by Witi(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
TheSeeker:

Cock ---- Oko
  kitten -- Obo
  Breast -- Omun

Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by davidif: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2009
How do you translate this specific body parts in your language:
finger, elbow, shoulder
toes, ankles shins, knees, pelvis
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by Bec(f): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
Yoruba
Thigh: Itan
Knee : Orokun
Toe. :Ika ese
Finger: Ika owo
Shoulder: Ejika
Nails : Ekanna
Ankle : orun ese
Foot: Atelese
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by ezotik: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
hand - obo
head - uhun
eyes - aro
nose - ihue
mouth - unu
ear - ehor
teeth - akun

eyebrow - ifun aro
fingers - ikhen
forehead - ukpoko (altho this only applicable to rihanna-type of forehead)
neck - ehoe
shoulder - izabo
waist/hips - ekun

bottom - ikebe
legs - owe
thigh - ikuawe
knees - igbon
toes - ikhen owe
heels - atate owe
dick - ekia
pussy - uhe
ass-hole - onisan
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by bokohalal(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
ezotik: hand - obo
head - uhun
eyes - aro
nose - ihue
mouth - unu
ear - ehor
teeth - akun

eyebrow - ifun aro
fingers - ikhen
forehead - ukpoko (altho this only applicable to rihanna-type of forehead)
neck - ehoe
shoulder - izabo
waist/hips - ekun

bottom - ikebe
legs - owe
thigh - ikuawe
knees - igbon
toes - ikhen owe
heels - atate owe
dick - ekia
pussy - uhe
ass-hole - onisan

Ezotik, I thought we call the digits 'ikpian' as in 'ikpian obo' for finger and 'ikpian owe' for toe.And it is 'akon' for teeth and 'eho'for neck without an 'e' at the end.
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
In Portuguese/ cv criole grin

Hand: Mão
Head: Cabeça
Eyes: Olhos
Nose: NARIZ
Mouth: BOCA
Ears: ORELHAS
Teeth: DENTE
Lips: LABIOS
Eyebrow: SOMBRACELHAS
Neck: PESCOSO
Fingers: DEDOS
Cheeks: BOCHECHA
Forehead: TESTA

Shoulder: OMBRO
Arm: BRACO
Chest: PEITO
Tummy: BARRIGA
Waist: ? CINTURA
Hips: ? COXA

Buttom: UMBICO
Legs: PERNAS
Knees: ? CANELAS
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by ezotik: 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
bokohalal:
Ezotik, I thought we call the digits 'ikpian' as in 'ikpian obo' for finger and 'ikpian owe' for toe.And it is 'akon' for teeth and 'eho'for neck without an 'e' at the end.

oh ok, yeah.
ikhen is fingernail.

my written edo is not too good.. so most times i spell the way i pronounce words...so i just added the word 'hoe' to ehogrin coz that how it sounds when pronounced. as for akon, that was a typo.

do u know these words?

navel
pelvis
lips
elbow
wrist
ankle ?
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by MrsChima(f): 2:34am On Aug 11, 2012
davidif: How do you translate this specific body parts in your language:
finger, elbow, shoulder

Do you have a general or common word for the leg or the hand which you use for its various parts.
For example, in yoruba we use the word ese to describe the leg, but what of different parts of the legs like toes, ankles, knees, shins and hips, do we use the same word like ese(in the case of yorubas) to describe all this parts of the legs.
What of the hand? is there a specific word for the fingers elbows and shoulder or you call them one general name like owo (in the case of yorubas).

Penis--D!ck
Vagina---kitten
Anus-----Arse
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by bokohalal(m): 2:46am On Aug 11, 2012
ezotik:

oh ok, yeah.
ikhen is fingernail.

my written edo is not too good.. so most times i spell the way i pronounce words...so i just added the word 'hoe' to ehogrin coz that how it sounds when pronounced. as for akon, that was a typo.

do u know these words?

navel
pelvis
lips
elbow
wrist
ankle ?

Funny(I hate to use LOL). I am not an Edo language expert so I can only help with three of them.

Navel=Ukhon. Remember any osu ukhon growing up?
lips=ekhara unu. Bini proverb goes'a ma we ne ovbokhan ghe zagha akon sokpan no mien ekhara unu no khian ya gue e.
Elbow=Urhu a(o)bo. I hope I am right on this.Gu vben rie evbare we wa kpe obo se urhu abo.

The others I have no idea,absolutely.

And it is 'ihien',for fingernail.
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by ezotik: 5:49am On Aug 11, 2012
yeah, i now remember ukhon for navel and echara unu for lips and that proverb. we used it a lot to tease kids who had the somali-type of teeth.

but i cant remember urhu a(o)bo for elbow. maybe it will come to me when broken down

urhu means what?

and thnx for the correction of ihien
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by Mchugh(m): 4:46am On Feb 18, 2015
this topic has been really helpful..as i needed to translate some data....

thanks for saving a life OP & all who commented grin
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by hurrycayne: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Etsako, an edoid language

hand_ obọ

head_ ukomi /usomi

face_ alo

eyes_ ikpalo

nose_isue

mouth_ unu

Jaw- agba

Beard - ilagba

ear_ esuọ

teeth_ akọ

neck_uruli

Throat - ekokuruli

finger_ ukpabọ

leg_ owẹ

toes_ukpowẹ

cheek_ ẹkẹ

breast_ ẹnye

tummy_ akpiji

waist_ oku

buttocks_ abiji

thighs_ ikhehe

tongue_ olẹmi
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 02, 2017
Amharic language (Ethiopia)

• Finger: Tate
• Elbow: kerene
• Shoulder: Tekesha
• Toes: Ye egere Tate
• Ankles: Alebo
• Knees:Gulebate
• Pelvis: Yedale Atenete

In our alphabet called "Ethiopic (reformed form of Geez alphabet)" or "Amharic alphabet", it's written like the below.

Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by iluvmyurhoboboy(f): 6:57am On Mar 17, 2018
davidif:
How do you translate this specific body parts in your language:
finger, elbow, shoulder

Do you have a general or common word for the leg or the hand which you use for its various parts.
For example, in yoruba we use the word ese to describe the leg, but what of different parts of the legs like toes, ankles, knees, shins and hips, do we use the same word like ese(in the case of yorubas) to describe all this parts of the legs.
What of the hand? is there a specific word for the fingers elbows and shoulder or you call them one general name like owo (in the case of yorubas).

Can someone please translate body parts into Urhobo dialect please!

Head - ?
Hair -?
Face - ?
Neck -?
Ears-?
Nose-?
Eyes-?
Mouth-?
Tongue-?
Arms-?
Hands-?
Fingers-?
Breasts-?
Belly-?
Hips-?
Waist-?
Thighs-?
Legs-?
Feet-?
Toes-?
Heart-?

Thank you!
Re: How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? by kpaofame: 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
iluvmyurhoboboy:

Can someone please translate body parts into Urhobo dialect please!

Head - ?
Hair -?
Face - ?
Neck -?
Ears-?
Nose-?
Eyes-?
Mouth-?
Tongue-?
Arms-?
Hands-?
Fingers-?
Breasts-?
Belly-?
Hips-?
Waist-?
Thighs-?
Legs-?
Feet-?
Toes-?
Heart-?

Thank you!

Fratemathy
Efewestern
Please come and attend to this

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ?? / Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! / PHOTOS: Ooni Of Ife At Eid Prayer Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.