Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders (25625 Views)

JAMB Should Make Cut Of Marks 200 For Poly And 250 For Varsities / Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / JAMB Should Be Blamed For Mass Failure Not The Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by chukzyblingz(m): 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Everything in this administration is inconclusive. Nothing ever works since Buhari came to power
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by chukzyblingz(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Is there a curse following Buhari?
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Kraspo(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
The level of malpractice this year was alarming.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by fromnigeria(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Off-course, there is no point starting what you are not ready for.

Imagine, someone scoring 12 in jamb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Gofwane(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Later we go see another thread saying- HOUSE OF REPS DENIES ORDERING JAMB TO GO BACK TO USING PAPER AND PENCIL. I no longer trust any news in naija till after 48hrs and no news came up to deny the first one. Smh

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Dymaco(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
stop ke
naija we dey now

tomorrow court injuction go come.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by paulsowande(m): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
It's tech age reps get that into your heads the earlier the better. Tell them to make it more effective and efficient.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
ladyF:
Yaaaayyy....ayam so happy about this. Thank you ooooo.
It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

So, This girl is a jambite sha... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by TaiKuun(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
chido20:
jamb shud be scrapped

jst raising a motion
so that olodos like you can litter all the universities, right?
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Any day or time...I will choose CBT over PPT

Nigerian students are confused.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ladyF(f): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Neyoor:

So, This girl is a jambite sha... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
hehehe grin
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by talk2hb1(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Is it the Technology to be blame or the users of the Technology. We want to advance but we are still hanging onto the past. What a Nation undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
JAMB is a dream killer. Stop JAMB now. All over the world, you don't need JAMB or entrance exam. Awolowo and Gani Fawehinmi and co. schooled in the University of London without any useless JAMB or entrance exams.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Doncharis(m): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
I support this motive...since jamb cannot boast of the quality,reliability, availability & consistency of CBT.. Let them go ahead and scrap it.And reconsider the PPT... They have to choose BTW the lesser evils. At least PPTdoesnt attract students protest after examination. cool

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ElderLoLo: 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
There should be option in jamb either candidate go for PPT or CBT. Scrap Jamb is not to be called for....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
ladyF:
hehehe grin

Yes now. I'm surprised to know ni kiss kiss kiss
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by bqlekan(m): 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
I don't know what to think of this, a welcome development or a step backward?
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by seangy4konji: 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
I feel bad for those affected by this...its part of life...

In 18 years you would have a story to tell of what happened when you wrote jamb 2016..I hope things turn out good eventually i faced same problem with this jamb 18 years ago but Glory be to God in the end..

We cannot get anything right in this country and its bad...year in year out same problems...

I support scrapping this Jamb as the students will still go to the uni to write another one if i am right.let the uni conduct their entrance exams for students.

May God help Nigeria.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by sinistermind(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
I really don't know the reason for all dis CBT nonsense. Even Prestigious international exams don't use computer based tests. The money spent by JAMB to pay CBT centre of which I heard is 12m can be channelled to improve the exam instead of subjected students to hardship due to negligence of most of dis CBT centres. I just wonder why they stopped the OMR system.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by udemzyudex(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
Scrap jamb and increase PUTME cut off mark... That's all.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Greenback: 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
So buhari couldnt call jamb to order. Na only to jet his arsse around da world searching for dasuki. Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Drabrah(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dunno if this is PROGRESSION or RETROGRESSION.
Buh an adage in my dialect says, & I transliterate:
"Headectomy" (or beheading, if u like ) is not d cure for Intractable headache
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by aycorporat(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dharniel:
a

how come the "law maker" didn't get their fact right, Ibrahim from kogi aired it online that he edited his JAMB result just to play pranks on his friends, so how come the law makers claim that his mark was reduced.
Thank God you observed that. I was thinking nobody saw it. Honourable member didn't get the fact right
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by whizcartel(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
chido20:
jamb shud be scrapped

jst raising a motion
It can't be scraped bro. Sorry.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by Abdul852(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
i do not buy this idea
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ezepresscp: 6:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
I believe post ume is replace jamb. jamb laterly has given proof of failure of promoting a vibrant educational system in Nigeria.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by stephenawele: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
I don't think the media is supporting us I think what we should is that we should intarupt their program any time they place there num.......we will use dat medium to complain about jamb...........because I don't want this matter to die
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by talktonase(m): 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ekugbeh:
Jamb shud b scraped i guess
one step forward two steps backward.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by God2man(m): 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is good.
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by EmmyBiggy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
good move both CBT and PPT should be adopted
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by ehinmowo: 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jamb is d only Exam body in Africa with a sound technological orientation. and it's a strong control tool for d excess student population in the country.

d lapses dt occurred during d last examination is subject to improvement.

d Agbada wearing thieves should face more pressing matters
Re: JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders by FreemanDave(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
The caption is misleading. The Honourable members just made a suggestion. JAMB doesnt function like that.....

Only Oyerinde and MOE can make such order....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun State Polytechnic Requires Key Holder For Students To Write Exams (Photo) / What Are Some Must Read Books For People In Their 20s? / BREAKING: Resumption Date For Pry, Sec Schools Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.