Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Cv Writing – The Personal Branding Factor - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cv Writing – The Personal Branding Factor (970 Views)

How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served / Cv Writing! - Emphasis / Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cv Writing – The Personal Branding Factor by eddy2008(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2009
The difference between successful CVs and ineffective CVs is simply branding. When employers don’t perceive the value you’re going to add to them, they simply ignore you.

Your brand is a perception. Your brand is an emotion. This perception and emotion are maintained by employers after reading your CV and it reveals to them what to expect as a result of having a relationship with you.

So, when employers don’t get to know what to expect from you, then your CV becomes ineffective.

Now, when talking of branding, never make the mistake of thinking of fancy logos, catchy slogans, glorified images, and other bells and whistles that people erroneously think as branding. Branding is far beyond the above contrived and superficial elements.

Brand is a relationship. Brand is about building trust. Brand is connecting to another person’s value system, mission, vision, and goals. When this happens, then miracle happens in a matter of minutes. So, in your CV, you must connect or at least appear to connect to your employers’ needs, values, and goals. This means that you must understand the needs of your employers.

Everybody already has a brand. But to bring it out and communicate it in clear, eloquent terms in your CV is the hard part. That is why I took time to develop the Personal Brand Profile Worksheet. This worksheet forces you to think through and through about yourself and help you develop a clear, complete, strong and valuable personal brand that tells employers in compelling terms the great things to expect from you as a result of having a relationship with you. Send me an email to request for a free copy of this worksheet.

Really, you don’t need a Harvard degree to be able to brand yourself in your CV. In part 2 of this article, I’ll show you simple steps to take to powerfully brand yourself in your CV.

You can get more powerful job search and CV writing like this on my blog located at http://www.mycvwizard.com/blog
Re: Cv Writing – The Personal Branding Factor by Adetola(m): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2009
@ eddy2008

Thumbs up for your post. This has come at the right time in light of the fact that many people do not know how to write a standard cv not to talk of personal branding. but unfortunately, the links to the sample cvs do not open at all. Incidentally I live in Ikeja, how can I meet you personally to see some of your templates? I live on Unity Road (Off Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way). Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Hot Info For Gtb Test Invitees / Logistics Job Offer / Urgent Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.