Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print) (3013 Views)

5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight / Pictures Of Abiriba - The Small London / Aero Online Booking For Ngn7000, Scam Or Plain Risk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print) by boyombo: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2009
I was trying to book a flight from lagos to port-harcourt for the 22nd of July (today) and I found that you have to be extra careful when booking for virgin nigeria flights. The 2 issues are:
1. I selected 22nd of July for the booking date. By some crazy magic, when i clicked next to continue the booking process, the date 23rd July shows up as my booking date. Since I was more interested in the cost of the flight, my brain did not take the new (magically derived) date in. So, I pay and only then discover that virgin nigeria prefers that I travel tomorrow instead of today, and also that cancelling my booking will cost N2,500 that I never budgeted for. I (and any reasonable user, IMHO) would have thought they would indicate that the date I selected did not have any available flights, like putting a LARGE RED SIGN that 'There are no seats available for the date you selected, however we have flights for the 23rd of July, etc' with a very big sorry sign on it (i don't think it costs anything to say sorry even if it's not your fault that the user did not book early enough). But just tricking him/her to book on any arbitrary date (tomorrow is as arbitrary as next year) is just bad bad bad!!!!
2. Our own dear virgin nigeria claimed to charge N15,650 for the flight, How come my sms alert rounds it up to N16,000? are there hidden costs that they do not show us? or is somebody stealing my money behind my back?
Virgin Nigeria you have to get your act together and make your online booking experience less of a JAMB exam!
At least we have the option of going aero for their cheap flights (small advert for them here)
Re: Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print) by theforce(m): 12:38am On Jul 27, 2009
Na wah oh! is this how online stuff works in Nigeria? However, you could have told us about an aero experience to see if it was better. And i know for a fact that it is hard all over the world to book same day flights cause most times it alters calculations. Imagine driving to the airport and then booking and paying and checking in online for a flight that is boarding (imagine 10 people together) it would definately alter calculations.

I have also experienced filling forms online, that due to connection, i may pick a date and the next date actually shows. Its is the 'Devil of the mouse'. Just redo the request or can i say read the details of the flight, time, correct name spelling, correct amount and all before payment. You cannot say you did not get a page that had all your details. And you eventually confirmed.

I am doing a survey now on all airlines in nigera to see the one that has the best online - booking, payment and possibly check in system
Re: Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print) by earthrealm(m): 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2010
so at the force.where is the result of ur survey.we r waiting
Re: Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print) by micdipo: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2010
For your inverter circuits, Visit micinverters..com or michaeloladipo.netfirms.com. Should you have any question, do not hesitate to contact me.

(1) (Reply)

Holiday in Ghana, is it worth it? / Nigeria: Domestic Flight Air Ticket Costs (historical Trend) / Southkorean Visa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.