Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour (41161 Views)

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention / The Prevention And Cure For Ebola Disease / Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by kingsolve(m): 11:49am On Jul 22, 2009
Please this has been on my mind for a long time and I've been searching for solution to this menace. I dont think I have mouth odour but I love meeting people and making friends. I meet a lot of people and quite a number of them have mouth odour. Even graduates and people I expect to have a very good body grooming have it. I meet some ladies who I expect to be more concerned about their body to be lacking in this one aspect too. I get uncomfortable at the smell of it and at the same time I wouldn't want the person to feel embarrassed. So most times, I just endure and inhale the smell, or tilt my head slightly not to face them directly. The problem is that a lot of these people do not even know they have mouth odour. Please what can be done to eradicate mouth odour and what causes it in the first place so I can find a way to inform those I meet having this problem.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by clemcykul(f): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2009
am sorry poster i suspect you are the one wid da problem, but i bliv sniffing cabide might abate it

see a dentist, brush thrice, wash ur tongue, afford sugary stuffs at night, take more of minted confectionaries,
or better still take the first option,  . . . ,  . . my advice is that u must avoid wispering to pple and also stop kissn that girl for now!
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by sley4life(m): 4:36am On Jul 24, 2009
drink lots of water and brush before going to bed
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by Romeo4real(m): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2009
There can be many causes of Halitosis, but i think we just need to focus on the 4 main culprits -

(1)Rotting food in the mouth - After eating, food will usually get stuck between the teeth- especially meat/fish of any kind. If not flossed away, bacteria will start to rot it, leading to a nasty smell. Floss after EVERY meal. You will be surprised at the effect.

(2) Tooth Abscess/Decay- Again related to number 1. Food gets trapped in the abscess, and it starts to rot in there. It may sometimes have to be picked out with a toothpick, as brushing may be ineffective.

(3) Stomach Ulcers - Excessive acid production - The stomach produces gastric juices to digest foot. If not eating regularly, your stomach may still produce the acid, and with no food to act upon, the acid may start to irritate the stomach lining, and actually open it up. This "sore" in the stomach has a smell. The stomach acid also has a particularly nasty smell. The smells will make their way up the oesophagus into the mouth cavity resulting in a bad case of halitosis.

(4) Dry Mouth - The mouth cavity need to be constantly lubricated - either by saliva, or water. The lubrication limits the action and multiplication of bacteria in the teeth and mouth. If there is no lubrication, they simply multiply and can cause bad breath.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by isbir(m): 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2009
apply the use of cinnamon casia powder to cure it and to avoid it
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by NoWee(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2009
?
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by whiteroses(f): 11:40pm On Sep 05, 2009
if they miss breakfast their mouth is bound to stink even f they brush and if you will kep mouth cposed for hours without talking have a bottle of water with you
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by german007(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2009
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by whiteroses(f): 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2009
i wont because your geekness dey annoy me @whiteroses

Can you please tender your evidence of your claim and status?
cant you just say source please like everybody else
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by druid06(m): 2:48am On Oct 22, 2012
What causes mouth odor:

It's simple. It's just bacteria in your mouth breaking down food stuck inside the little cavities in your teeth...

How to cure mouth odor or prevent it:

Brush your tooth every morning when you start your day and every evening before you go to bed.

Try to floss every evening.

Use mouth wash every evening.

Always make your mouth occupied by chewing herbal gum.

If you have cavities in your tooth, visit the dentist so they could cover it up.

And don't always stick your mouth where it's not supposed to be... LOL ....
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by Greenslim: 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mouth Care Products.

1. Aloe Vera plus

2. Cordycep

3. Intestine cleansing tea.

Brush your tooth every morning when you start your day and every evening before you go to bed.
View my profile for contact
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by simonplusx(m): 6:33am On Feb 27, 2013
Ok here is place you get FREE REPORT that give 5 Awesome Tips For Fighting Bad Breath And Improving Your Mouth Condition in 7 Days or Less!" Have tried it myself.

Visit http://badbreathmiracle.com
Re: What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour by kingsolve(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks to you all.... Taken

(1) (Reply)

Please Is My Friend Pregnant??! / China To Donate 1,000 Ventilators To Help New York In Coronavirus Fight / She Doesn’t Like Condoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.