Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

4 Acceptable Ways Of Giving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Acceptable Ways Of Giving (886 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service / Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Acceptable Ways Of Giving by FreshGreen: 6:22am On Mar 19, 2016
HERE ARE FOUR BIBLICAL ACCEPTABLE WAYS OF GIVING

(1) Give Your Life Before Your Money: Giving your money, properties or possessions to God's work is totally useless without first giving your life to Jesus in genuine salvation. The most important and first thing to give is giving your life to God, because the first gift you ever received came from God was your life; God breathed life into man and man became a living soul, so we must give Him our life back, first and foremost. He is your first Giver and He must be your first Receiver and the gift is your life, to give back the life He has given you.

Whatever you give unto God or in God's name without new life in Jesus Christ is nothing and unacceptable. While modern churches may say anybody can give to God's work, Bible says only the regenerated people who have genuine salvation and living above sins are accredited by God to give to His work. When it comes to giving for God's sake, genuine ministers of God and genuine church of God does not receive from people who are not genuinely saved. 3 John 7, "because they went forth for His name’s sake, taking nothing from the Gentiles."

(2) Give To Minister With Needs: Do not give somebody except you first see a genuine need. Don't give because somebody wants you to give, don't give because somebody is a minister of God, don't give to people because they have anointing or they are popular; you should only give to people if they are have genuine needs. That is the acceptable giving. If you give without meeting genuine need, your giving is useless and a waste. Your purpose of giving must aim to minister to the need of people. Philippians 2:25, "Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need." Giving to minister to people needs is what makes your giving acceptable and pleasing to God. "Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God." Philippians 4:18.

Do not give to people if there is no genuine need to meet. Your giving can only be acceptable if you are meeting needs in the lives of people.

2 Corinthians 9:12, "For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God"

Romans 15:25-27, "But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints. 26 For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem. 27 It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things."

It is very important to give to those who have none. "He answered and said to them, “He who has two tunics, let him give to him who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise.” Luke 3:11

(3) Give To Ministers With Needs: When it comes to giving to ministers of God or works of God, you give as much as possible and as many time as possible to meet genuine, necessary needs not because of their positions or to meet excessive or unnecessary needs. Multi-million church building projects are inessential into the kingdom of God. Acceptable give is to meet necessary needs not ambiguous and excessive needs. Philippians 4:16, " For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities."

(4) Give To All: We are commanded to be good, to give to all men, Christians or Non-Christians; but the needs of the brethren in the Lord comes first. Galatians 6:10, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do well to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith."

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus, rededicate your life to Jesus, please click the link
http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us for biblical guidance and godly counsel, if you have issues, restitution to make, confession or burden in your mind and you need Biblical counseling and prayer without any church attachment.
Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries
Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751,

If you would like to be receiving our Christian articles on your wall, please click on the link below and click "Like" on our pagehttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you would like to be receiving Christian articles and weekly Bible Studies in your email, please send request to rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/05/16 / Who Can Identify Jesus In These Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.