Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Please Choose For Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Choose For Me (928 Views)

How To Choose A Professional Email Address / Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN / Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Choose For Me by henry255: 11:30am On Mar 19, 2016
I have an opportunity to travel with a working visa to dubai and be earning 1800 AED,that's about 97k in naira. I won't return to Nigeria until after 3years.

And I also got an opportunity of owning a clean danfo which I can monitor and manage myself but I won't be the driver. With 5k return on daily basis which is about N150k or a little less. (driver is a family man and can be trusted without any fowl play).

Please i'm confused in this 2 options. Traveling abroad has never struck my mind. Running my personal biz is always my primary objective and wish but helping others run theirs is what I don't intend doing. I have heard a lot about danfo business in lagos. I'm scared like mad to be at the losing end if anything happens.
I need your advice.

Tankio
Re: Please Choose For Me by jmichlins(m): 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
Guy hard currency is way to go since the national currency has been sinking in value. If it is possible to get another job once you get there then that is an added advantage.
Re: Please Choose For Me by henry255: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
That company won't accept that cos they used their company's name and influence to get you a job and bring you into their country. In other wise, you are loyal to them pending when your services won't be needed
Re: Please Choose For Me by oddylinkerz(f): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
Pls the last person just said it all for 3 yrs u'll be their slave and also the pay is nt worth it....I have a brother who ran back from Dubai job in frustration. You will have to work your ass off
Re: Please Choose For Me by henry255: 7:48am On Mar 20, 2016
oddylinkerz:
Pls the last person just said it all for 3 yrs u'll be their slave and also the pay is nt worth it....I have a brother who ran back from Dubai job in frustration. You will have to work your ass off

Are u suggesting that I do the danfo business instead?
Re: Please Choose For Me by jmichlins(m): 11:26am On Mar 20, 2016
henry255:

Are u suggesting that I do the danfo business instead?
in that case i think your better off here with the transport business
Re: Please Choose For Me by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 21, 2016
Mr Op, I think you should travel out and go and start earning ur consistent pay for 3 yrs and u can come back home and setup a business of ur your choice dat will eventually pave way for u. Managing danfo is a big risk. Have u eva thought of it dat wat if u start d danfo business and d bus starts developing fault every time?
Wat if d law enforcement agencies impound ur bus?
Wat if d bus suddenly has accident and it's written off?
I wish u all d best in ur life's endeavors!!!
Re: Please Choose For Me by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 21, 2016
U may need to consult any danfo driver or owner, try to make some research nd figure out the gains nd risk of monitoring or managing d business.
Earning 150K in Nigeria s beta than earning 97K in Dubai nd dat Dubai job appears to me lik slavery.
Most times its nt so easy outside the shores of ds country.

1 Like

Re: Please Choose For Me by henry255: 5:48am On Mar 23, 2016
I heard that very soon Ambode would ban Danfo in lagos. How true is that?
Re: Please Choose For Me by jmichlins(m): 6:52am On Mar 23, 2016
That dubai visa is how much please
Re: Please Choose For Me by henry255: 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
jmichlins:
That dubai visa is how much please

Depending on the agent doing it for you. The maximum anybody can charge you for a working visa is 550k.

Pls stil help me with my question

(1) (Reply)

12 Months Hospitality And Tourism Management Program / This Chat Between Me And My Former Student Just Made My Day. / The Limits Of First Class Degrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.