Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

I Want To Go Back To UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Go Back To UK (2496 Views)

Going To Usa To Hustle Vs Going To Uk To Hustle, Please Advise Me / I Will Be Moving To Uk With Just #250,000 Budget For A Long! / Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go Back To UK by jamal080(m): 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2016
Am a british born got married to a nigeria man, I and my hubby reside in Nigeria, we were married for 9yrs with Two handsome boys aged 5Yrs and 3yrs. Both two kids have their british passport including myself.
Now due to nigeria critical economy situation, I decided to start thinking of moving to U K with my family...and I wanted my hubby to go with us to UK.
1. How do I go about it ?
2.In what grant will I be able to help my hubby to get along to uk with us ?
Because I need his support to work together in UK to take care of our KIDS.
Pls I need ur ADVICE ! ADVICE !! ADVICE !!!
Yours OLAMIDE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
jamal080:
Am a british born got married to a nigeria man, I and my hubby reside in Nigeria, we were married for 9yrs with Two handsome boys aged 5Yrs and 3yrs. Both two kids have their british passport including myself.
Now due to nigeria critical economy situation, I decided to start thinking of moving to U K with my family...and I wanted my hubby to go with us to UK.
Yours OLAMIDE

jamal080:
Am in Nigeria with my British wife.......with two kids. can she apply for settlement visa for me in U . K?

Thanks

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by pimpos: 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hehehehehehehehehehehe...nice one,JW!
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by jamal080(m): 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
Pls I need a good responds.
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
jamal080:
Pls I need a good responds.

How many times will you open a thread about this same issue as a wife or husband?

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by Pennsylvania: 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
jamal080:
Yours OLAMIDE

I thought legally married couples get their stay from either spouse over a designated period of time, so what was your husband or wife doing that he or she couldn't get his or her stay all this while?
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by jamal080(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2016
We both reside in Nigeria together...not in U.K, jst planing to move to u k.
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by pansophist(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
Unlike you and your kids, your spouse must go through ukba tight requirement in order to be issued an immigrant visa.

If I were you, I'll go through the surinder Singh route, it's the surest path in your case.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by claremont(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
Whoever is British between both of you should relocate to UK, settle down and meet the UKBA rules on spouse visa. You can then invite your spouse. If I had kids that are British, I wouldn't raise them in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by Lexusgs430: 4:01am On Mar 21, 2016
claremont:
Whoever is British between both of you should relocate to UK, settle down and meet the UKBA rules on spouse visa. You can then invite your spouse. If I had kids that are British, I wouldn't raise them in Nigeria.

Not forgetting she should also have a minimum of £5000, if going to be totally independent with all financial needs. Till a job comes Knocking!!!
NB : If prudent, 5k should last 3 months!!!!
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by jamal080(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
"If I were you, I'll go through the surinder Singh route, it's the surest path in your case."
Pls I didn't understand that line ...I will need u to explain to me
Thanks pal
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by pansophist(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
The Surinder Singh route is a method for citizens to secure immigration rights for their non-European spouses, who are unable to join their partners because of several difficult circumstances in the national immigration law aimed at reducing net migration.

In the EU, there are two immigration law that applies. The national immigration law (dictated by the national states) AND the EU immigration law (dictated by the EU). As a British citizen, you will be treated based on the national immigration law of the UK, which is overwhelmingly restrictive but there is a way out, and the loophole is known as Surinder singh. It basically means that even though you are a British citizen, you will be treated base on community (EU) immigration law without needing to pass through the tight hole of UK immigration law.

EU immigration law is lenient and is not a right that is to be validated or given by an EU member state. Every EU citizen has the RIGHT to move and reside freely in another EU member state, and this right is also extended to family members of EU citizens regardless of their nationality. The ONLY thing you need to satisfy is to be economically active, to say the least. For example, you can work as a cleaner 16 hours a week, and you and all your direct family members will be given a 5 year residence card in the host country, and probably for free of charge. You just need to be working, not earning a particular amount, have a big house, etc..

If you want to know more about this and how it works, check the link below. It pronounces your right as an EU citizen.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:229:0035:0048:en:PDF

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by tunderule2016: 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
jamal080:
Yours OLAMIDE

If he is applying for settlement.. you will need to meet the financial requirement..... So try reading the Categories and see where you fall on. I want to assume you are not working in Nigeria which means you cannot meet the CAT A, but if you go down the savings route that might help you ..

Good luck!!!
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by esrtoijtg: 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Go back go back.... smiley smiley
Re: I Want To Go Back To UK by Pidggin(f): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2016
See wetin Buhari dey cause grin

(1) (Reply)

Fast Track Your Form A Application / Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa / Nigerians Living In Turkey Please Assist Me With Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.